Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stockley banned for 3 games

12346»

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    So perhaps now we can all agree it was folly not to sign at least 1 striker in the summer.

Oh how ye all mock. 
    Bangs head repeatedly on desk!

Me that is.
  • Options
    Just get a Josh Parker type in on a free I'd say. They won't be any worse. 

Are we in the market for a forward who defends the opposition's corners nicely?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    se9addick said:
    Well at least people actually looking at the incident has helped restore some balance. I think @Oggy Red summary above is a good one.

My POV is that if the ref had seen it as a deliberate elbow and dismissed Stockley I’d have no complaints. And I agree that especially as a captain Stockley lets his team down with his petulance.

Fact is though, we don’t know, because we are not allowed to know,that the ref didnt see it. We dont know if the ref has been involved in this revision, and if so, whether he agrees with the revision. We don’t know who initiated this, or why. As far as I recall from the stream the PV player went down but needed no treatment, and at the time none of them were in the ref’s face. Had all that happened I might have also been ready to accept Vale complaining, as we’ve done before in serious cases. But it looks like nothing, so if someone from Vale initiated that, that someone is a ———-. It’s the murkiness of it all, like so much in football, that pisses me off, and I dont know why we put up with it so easily.
    He elbowed someone in the face, the incident has been identified, the offending player has been charged and he has admitted to the charge. That says to me the system works - a player who committed a transgression has been punished. I honestly think you’re barking up the wrong tree. 
    Is the right answer.
    Stockley admitted it.
    Garner admitted it.
    Just looking for another cause to fight for no reason.
  • Options
    So perhaps now we can all agree it was folly not to sign at least 1 striker in the summer.

Oh how ye all mock. 
    Bangs head repeatedly on desk!

Me that is.
    Yeh, but whose head?  ;)