Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Options
    Kent 2s are 271-1. Both Finch and Muyeye have reached their tons and this is the second consecutive game that Muyeye has done so. Which is good news providing the coaching staff consider him a viable alternative to any of the first team batsmen who continue to fail. 
  • Options
    Good news for Bromley 
  • Options
    364-5 

Both centurions now out: 

Finch 167 (226)
    Muyeye 119 (154)
  • Options
    401-6 at close. Good to see a Surrey side struggling against us.
  • Options
    401-6 at close. Good to see a Surrey side struggling against us.
    Amen to that, AA !
  • Options
    Charlton Kerry there is food available in the ground. Mind you some of it is pricey. Plus the Sainsbury’s is just outside the ground 
  • Options
    Charlton Kerry there is food available in the ground. Mind you some of it is pricey. Plus the Sainsbury’s is just outside the ground 
    Cheers for info. Going down for our first game tomorrow, so will give it a go without taking any food and see how we get on. Looking forward to it hope the weather’s good. Been around 40 years since I been down there.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    This is the squad for tomorrow. No Joe is the big news
  • Options
    Cheers for info. Going down for our first game tomorrow, so will give it a go without taking any food and see how we get on. Looking forward to it hope the weather’s good. Been around 40 years since I been down there.
    10C and probably some rain in the afternoon I'm afraid.
  • Options
    Well I was looking forward to it 😀. Wife wont be to impressed with that forecast but at least we can get in a stand so hopefully can get out the cold wind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I was looking forward to it 😀. Wife wont be to impressed with that forecast but at least we can get in a stand so hopefully can get out the cold wind.
    Sorry about that, I just didn't want you to set off in a T shirt, shorts & sandals with sun cream  ;)
  • Options
    Interesting choice to call up Qadri, but then he will probably score as many as Denly at the moment anyway
  • Options
    So no Denly, Hogan or Quinn. Added are Stewart, Gilchrist, Agar and Qadri. McKerr will probably play because the agreement was that he would be with us for two games so the question is whether we leave out one of the other seamers or Qadri. With only part timer Leaning, one would think that if there is any possibility of turn Qadri will play probably instead of Gilchrist as we probably do need Stewart to bat at 8. Or we go in with five seamers. 
  • Options
    Surrey 2s declared on 309-7 with the wickets very much shared. Only Arafat Bhuiyan, who plays for Blackheath, managed to pick up two. In Kent's second innings O'Riordan made 39 to go with his 30 in the first innings, Muyeye suffered his only failure so far this season (3) with Finch adding to his ton in the match with 75* and Blake on 37*. 

A word for young left armer Barney Ford, who I mentioned a couple of seasons ago as a potential fast bowler to watch, as he picked up what I believe is his first 2nd XI wicket. I think he's still only 17 and hopefully he will kick on this season and get to play more games. 
  • Options
    Surrey 2s declared on 309-7 with the wickets very much shared. Only Arafat Bhuiyan, who plays for Blackheath, managed to pick up two. In Kent's second innings O'Riordan made 39 to go with his 30 in the first innings, Muyeye suffered his only failure so far this season (3) with Finch adding to his ton in the match with 75* and Blake on 37*. 

A word for young left armer Barney Ford, who I mentioned a couple of seasons ago as a potential fast bowler to watch, as he picked up what I believe is his first 2nd XI wicket. I think he's still only 17 and hopefully he will kick on this season and get to play more games. 
    I can't remember the last left arm paceman we've produced
  • Options

Properly fast Bowler - Graham Dilly
  • Options

Actually that’s wrong think he bowled right batted left 
  • Options

Actually that’s wrong think he bowled right batted left 
    He did. Hit me smack on the hip in an U15 school game. It was slightly painful! There is one similarity between Dilley and Ford and that is their somewhat "slingy" actions. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023

John Dye back in the dark ages. (Early 60s left us for Northamptonshire in the early 70s), Richard Elms c 1970, Bernard Julien in the early 70s as an overseas player.

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

John Dye back in the dark ages. (Early 60s left us for Northamptonshire in the early 70s), Richard Elms c 1970, Bernard Julien in the early 70s as an overseas player.

Can't think of any others off the top of my head.
    Derek Underwood probably bowled almost as fast, at times, as Darren Stevens!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fred Klaassen, not home grown, is a left armer of course
  • Options
    There is one homegrown left arm seamer who played for Kent and I'm an idiot for forgetting about him because Seb has played with (and taken a stumping off him albeit standing back) and against him. Adam Ball.  
  • Options
    There is one homegrown left arm seamer who played for Kent and I'm an idiot for forgetting about him because Seb has played with (and taken a stumping off him albeit standing back) and against him. Adam Ball.  
    Yes, should have remembered Adam Ball.
  • Options

I umpired Ford at Dartford last year in a tied game vs Canterbury. They were losing until he came on and I gave him an LBW to get the crucial ninth wicket when just two were need to win. I then suffered a severe ear bashing next ball as that crashed into the pads too but I gave it not out and they ran one LB to tie the scores.  Next over the 11 was plumb and the game tied.

He is quick and slingy, and also a bit loud!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Thanks for all your help re the questions I have asked, been trying to work it out how long it’s been since my last visit as best as I can make it’s around 52 years. Anyway finally made it along with the wife. Weather isn’t great snd it’s certainly cool.

Kent are fielding 

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

I umpired Ford at Dartford last year in a tied game vs Canterbury. They were losing until he came on and I gave him an LBW to get the crucial ninth wicket when just two were need to win. I then suffered a severe ear bashing next ball as that crashed into the pads too but I gave it not out and they ran one LB to tie the scores.  Next over the 11 was plumb and the game tied.

He is quick and slingy, and also a bit loud!
    First time Ford played against Seb it was in a club U19 T20 on a wicket that hadn't been covered with the ball was rearing off a length- Seb ended up gloving one that almost got caught at fine leg. Ford wasn't shy in saying what he thought and he was only 15 at the time! Next season they played together for Kent and it was if they were best mates. Which is how it should be. 
  • Options
    Essex won the toss and are batting. Kent left out Stewart with Agar, Gilchrist, McKerr, Evison and Qadri being the main bowlers supported by DBD and Leaning. 
  • Options
    27-0 off 6 overs. Agar has gone for just the one boundary from Browne but Cook has helped himself to 23 off Gilchrist. 

The good news for Kent is that Essex are missing Adam Rossiter, Sam Cook and Dan Lawrence 

• Options
    Agar gets hit for three fours in three balls by Cook but the very next ball he has the former England captain caught behind. Cook out for 39 out of 43-1.
  • Options
    Cook sending message with 39 off 30 balls to McCullum!