Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Options
    Cook sending message with 39 off 30 balls to McCullum!
    Blimey, either Cook is a convert to Bazball or he wants the game over quickly, as there are problems at the farm!
  • Options
    Meanwhile Harry Finch is sending a similar message to the Kent coaches to Muyeye - he has just failed to reach his ton in being caught behind for 96 to go with the 167 that he achieved in the first innings
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    80-1 off 16 overs. Far too many 4 balls (17 of them to date) albeit on a good track.
  • Options
    100-1 off 25 overs. Bowling a tighter length and line now. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all your help re the questions I have asked, been trying to work it out how long it’s been since my last visit as best as I can make it’s around 52 years. Anyway finally made it along with the wife. Weather isn’t great snd it’s certainly cool.

Kent are fielding 

Members used to be able to purchase a cooked lunch in the Cornwallis Suite pre covid. Not sure whether or not that still applies.
  • Options
    121-1 off 30 overs. Browne is playing a different game (34 off 92) to the others (87 off 88) 
  • Options
    Ended up with a nice chicken Baltic pie in the bar of the Les Ames stand, you can’t say I don’t know how to treat the wife. 
  • Options
    159-1 bad light has saved us and the players in particular given that it is windy and we've hit a new low of 7 degrees. 
  • Options
    159-1 bad light has saved us and the players in particular given that it is windy and we've hit a new low of 7 degrees. 
    Don't worry too much about the weather it will be much warmer in August when the county championship gets into full swing.
    Oh hang on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back on - and off again at 164-1. The fielders were practically begging the Umpires to take them off!
  • Options
    Is the bowling going to be a problem this season, and the batting too?
  • Options
    Ended up with a nice chicken Baltic pie in the bar of the Les Ames stand, you can’t say I don’t know how to treat the wife. 
    Appropriate with the cold weather  :)
    You can’t beat a good spell checker cock up can you :-)
  • Options
    I see (the ex-Kent) Ollie Robinson is getting runs again. Why the hell did Kent let him go? He has always seemed like a decent county cricketer to me.
  • Options
    If you ever think Kent are pathetic, try being a Worcestershire fan. We had Gloucestershire 45-7 batting first today. A few hours later we are cruising into a lost position. It's absolutely effortless. Oh yeah, and we've allowed one of their lot to score a ton from number 9 and take a hat-trick on the same day. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE DO
  • Options
    I see (the ex-Kent) Ollie Robinson is getting runs again. Why the hell did Kent let him go? He has always seemed like a decent county cricketer to me.
    The issue had been "boiling up" for a couple of years. Three keeper/batsman with the captain being one of them and all of them sharing the same ambition to play for England. He was dropped when Billings came back from the IPL and if one looks at the fact that we've had to leave out Denly for this game, it is difficult to see who they omit for Robinson. Even though they probably should. That said, his departure has been very amicable from both sides and it wouldn't surprise too many people if he were back with is in three or four years time providing it suits all parties for that to happen at that time. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If you ever think Kent are pathetic, try being a Worcestershire fan. We had Gloucestershire 45-7 batting first today. A few hours later we are cruising into a lost position. It's absolutely effortless. Oh yeah, and we've allowed one of their lot to score a ton from number 9 and take a hat-trick on the same day. BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT WE DO
    At least you're not flooded! With all the rain in March, New Road would surely have been at risk
  • Options
    Hopefully manage to get a full game out of this, but not looking likely. Having said that, Essex are very light in the batting department once Browne or Westley go.
  • Options
    Subject to no more rain, play due to begin at 3.15
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    They are, indeed, back on but, unfortunately, Gilchrist is bowling like someone who is coming back from injury without enough overs under his belt before doing so. Struggling for line and length, his three overs to date have gone for 29 to give him overall figures of 17-1-95-0. By contrast, Agar has looked threatening if only to the welfare of the Essex batsmen - his four overs have gone for just a single and he's hit Browne on the head too with a bouncer (17-8-40-1). 

194-1 and an undefeated stand of 151
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Westley reaches his ton

210-1
  • Options
    245-1 at tea. A stand of 202 between Browne (90) and Westley (114)
  • Options
    opposition are 707-5 in the last two innings we have bowled 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    opposition are 707-5 in the last two innings we have bowled 
    Once again , same story as last season 
  • Options
    Browne reaches his ton too

280-1 and the partnership is now 237
  • Options
    Well we can't win this game now. The wicket offers nothing to the bowlers at the moment so there should be no excuses for us when we go in to bat. "Should". 
  • Options
    They are off for bad light now and that is probably it for the day. Some respite at least.

289-1

Browne 105*
    Westley 138*

WA Agar 19-9-43-1
    NN Gilchrist 21-2-115-0
    C McKerr 13-1-51-0
    JDM Evison 13-1-54-0
    Hamidullah Qadri 8-1-25-0
  • Options
    Based on what I saw yesterday, I thought Agar bowled very well, was disappointed by Gilchrist but would say his figures flattered him, look like both carried on in the same vein today unfortunately for Gilchrist.
  • Options
    We have a wicket!!!

Westley caught hooking by Compton off McKerr for 148

313-2
  • Options
    Followed up by a second wicket to Agar 

324-3