Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Options
    Like buses wait a day for one, then 2 come along together.
  • Options
    Followed by a great caught and bowled from McKerr for his second wicket to get Critchley

330-4

Essex going for their shots given the limited time available but are 41-3 this morning, having been 289-1 overnight
  • Options
    Browne out for 159 - caught Cox bowled Leaning

424-5
  • Options
    451-5 declared
  • Options
    Massive pressure on Zak to do well, both for Kent but also for himself, when you see the runs Essex made the scores other England players and rivals have made
  • Options
    13-0 at lunch

• Options
    35-0  Crawley in Bazball mode with 30 off 37
  • Options
    Crawley goes to his 50 by hitting Harmer for a maximum. 50 from 12 balls out of 59* off 65 balls
  • Options
    Northants hammered by Hants today. 63 all out in the second innings for a massive defeat 
  • Options
    I am confident we are better than northants and Middlesex 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    100-0

Crawley 79* (74)
    Compton 19* (47)
  • Options
    Crawley reaches his ton off 96 balls. His first century for Kent since 2020

141-0
  • Options
    Compton bowled for 46 by Harmer. Very unlucky - ball spins back from a forward defence

162-1

Crawley 114* (105)
  • Options
    I'm assuming it's an absolute road at Canterbury then
  • Options
    I'm assuming it's an absolute road at Canterbury then
    Indeed it is and that has allowed Crawley to dominate in the same way as Westley did in the first. It bodes well that Agar managed to take a couple of wickets and go at under 3 an over at the same time from 23 overs. Unfortunately Gilchrist is somewhat "ring rusty" as evidenced by his 0-139 off 25 overs. 
  • Options
    204-1 Crawley 139 no
  • Options
    @Chunes made the right call after all then! 
  • Options
    212-2 DBD out for 23, Crawley on 141
  • Options
    DBD plays no shot to a ball from Harmer that looked to have hit his back pad and he is given out LBW for 23 by former Kent player Nigel LLong. Nigel's brother, Adrian, is Kent Head Groundsman.
  • Options
    212-2 at tea off 41

Crawley 141* (133)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    @Chunes made the right call after all then! 
    Been a very enjoyable day so far and Crawley is having a classy innings
  • Options
    And then Leaning is out for 8...
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Massive pressure on Zak to do well, both for Kent but also for himself, when you see the runs Essex made the scores other England players and rivals have made
    Which he passes. Well done Zak
  • Options
    Harmer is now finding a fair but of turn. That said, only Billings actually got a good ball - DBD, Leaning and Cox all made poor decisions or executed shots badly to get out. 
  • Options
    We need to knuckle down, and get some batting points.
  • Options
    288-6, Crawley out for 170
  • Options
    Need 15 or 16 to avoid the follow on and pick up another batting point
  • Options
    It would be nice to get to 350 tonight and claim another batting point, as I can't imagine there will be much play tomorrow. 
  • Options
    342-7 at close
  • Options
    It would be nice to get to 350 tonight and claim another batting point, as I can't imagine there will be much play tomorrow. 
    Sadly I suspect that you are correct. Just 8 runs short of another bonus point.