Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Options
    Middlesex opening bowler, Ethan Bamber (the son of two well known actors), played for Adelaide University in the winter in the South Australia Cricket League. He was signed as a replacement for Wes Agar who moved to Northern Districts where, on occasions, he opened the bowling with Jas Singh. 
  • Options
    Excellent stream from Lord's as it isn't the usual fixed camera

https://www.kentcricket.co.uk/fixture/middlesex-vs-kent-4/
  • Options
    Blimey - the strip one side is a chip for six and on the other it's a marathon to the boundary!
  • Options
    Crawley bowled by one of those pesky ageing medium pacers, 41 year old Tim Murtagh, through the gate for 11

29-1

• Options
    DBD caught at slip off the bowling of Bamber for 6

44-2

Compton 27*
  • Options
    Leaning out. Another caught in the slips, this time off Higgins. Compton the only one to stand firm at present.

47-3
  • Options
    Middlesex opening bowler, Ethan Bamber (the son of two well known actors), played for Adelaide University in the winter in the South Australia Cricket League. He was signed as a replacement for Wes Agar who moved to Northern Districts where, on occasions, he opened the bowling with Jas Singh. 
    His dad was Mr Collins!
  • Options
    Jordan cox out now, how many bloody times have I seen that kid leave a ball only to be bowled ?
  • Options
    And Bamber bowls Cox for a duck

48-4

The likes of Muyeye and Finch should be licking their lips at the prospect of playing first team cricket
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    His dad was Mr Collins!
    Indeed in P & P and many other films and TV series. And Ethan is a much better cricketer than his old man
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jordan cox out now, how many bloody times have I seen that kid leave a ball only to be bowled ?
    Down the slope too. It's not as if he's never played at Lord's either. 
  • Options
    50-4

Compton 29*
  • Options
    Billings is trying to play games with Bamber's line. Off stump guard and hitting two balls from outside off to leg - first one is a leading edge for two through the covers and the second one is dispatched for four
  • Options
    66-4 off 28 overs at lunch

Compton 29* (80)
    Billings 12* (30)
  • Options
    Starting to think he should be the one dropped for muyeye? have Kent got it in them to drop a squad favourite? Think I have seen him shoulder arms to a delivery  three times this season now
  • Options
    Starting to think he should be the one dropped for muyeye? have Kent got it in them to drop a squad favourite? Think I have seen him shoulder arms to a delivery  three times this season now
    DBD is pushing Cox in that respect. Cox has 88 from 5 innings and DBD 131 from 6. Of course, we also have Denly waiting in the wings for a potential recall. Much will depend on what those two do in the second innings.
  • Options
    Billings is trying to play games with Bamber's line. Off stump guard and hitting two balls from outside off to leg - first one is a leading edge for two through the covers and the second one is dispatched for four
    And Billings out LBW doing exactly that to a ball from Murtagh for 14

69-5
  • Options
    DBD is pushing Cox in that respect. Cox has 88 from 5 innings and DBD 131 from 6. Of course, we also have Denly waiting in the wings for a potential recall. Much will depend on what those two do in the second innings.
    You can add Billings to those two - total of 61 runs from 5 innings
  • Options
    You can add Billings to those two - total of 61 runs from 5 innings
    And Leaning for that matter - 119 runs for 5 times out
  • Options
    And Bamber bowls Cox for a duck

48-4

The likes of Muyeye and Finch should be licking their lips at the prospect of playing first team cricket
    Muyeye surely has to  play the next match, the way the middle order keeps failing
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kent batting averages this season:

Compton 80.50
    Evison 49.00
    Crawley 47.83
    Leaning 22.40
    DBD 21.83
    Cox 15.60
    Billings 12.20
    Denly 4.80

• Options
    Evison caught behind to give Bamber figures of 3-14

92-6

Compton 37* (123)
  • Options
    The most surprising thing for me is that, when Compton scored a shedload of runs for our 2s a few seasons ago, we didn't sign him at that time. Where would we have been without his runs and ability to occupy the crease whatever the conditions last season and this?
  • Options
    Presumably the weather conditions are favouring the bowlers but our top order are dreadful, bordering on disgraceful.
  • Options
    Kent batting averages this season:

Compton 80.50
    Evison 49.00
    Crawley 47.83
    Leaning 22.40
    DBD 21.83
    Cox 15.60
    Billings 12.20
    Denly 4.80

Middlesex top 5...

Stoneman 24.00
    Holden 17.50
    Malan 15.50
    Eskinazi 15.00
    Robson 7.20 (and that's with one not out!) 
  • Options
    Presumably the weather conditions are favouring the bowlers but our top order are dreadful, bordering on disgraceful.
    If you to look at the lifetime stats for Crawley, Denly, DBD, Cox, Billings and Leaning and had to choose from that whether they were better white or red ball batsman I'm sure most would say white. And therein lies the problem. If you were to use the same criteria for Compton you would come to the opposite conclusion. The former are too loose when the ball is doing anything and their technique does not stand up to scrutiny especially when there is movement on and off the pitch.  
  • Options
    Early tea due to bad light

113-6

Compton 38* (127)
    Stewart 16* (20)
  • Options
    this is a game I have as a must win, so this performance is abject.

You watch their top order become Bradmanesque as well 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    this is a game I have as a must win, so this performance is abject.

You watch their top order become Bradmanesque as well 
    Nah. Big Wes will sort them out!
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Just to rub salt in the wounds, Ollie Robinson gets a hundred for durham. Oh how I wish he had stayed over billings/cox !