Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• Muyeye's ears must been burning. Out first ball in the second innings of the 2s game. 
  • Just to rub salt in the wounds, Ollie Robinson gets a hundred for durham. Oh how I wish he had stayed over billings/cox ! 
    Ollie was with us at the wrong time for him and us. With what is going on with the IPL and their round the world franchises, Billings and/or Cox could get sucked into that for a lot more money. I think Cox only has one year left on his contract which is strange because I would have thought that we would have got him to commit to an extension by now. That suggests that he might be off at the end of the season.

I'm sure that Robinson will be back with us in a few years time should it suit all parties but it is a shame that we had to lose him in the first place because he can now play all forms of the game which wasn't always true of him as he was more of a red ball batsman than white. That said, he had very limited opportunities in our T20 side. He has more shots now and is also stronger from what he was a few years ago and he might even go further so far as international games are concerned that the other two.  
  • The 2s were set 304 runs off 34 overs. They are currently 88-2 off 8 one of their bowlers has been out buying those two wickets with figures of 4-0-53-2
  • Linde out for 45 off 17 balls to go with his 87 off 58 in the first innings. 113-3 off 10 overs and Finch is 42* off 30 
  • I see Robinson actually scored 114 off 107 balls. I'm sure that there's a name for that type of batting in red ball but I can't quite recall it. 
  • Finch out for 52 off 37 balls

131-5
  • 147-7 and rain intervenes. I would imagine that will be that. 
  • Something rarely seen has happened. Compton has a 50.

140-6 off 50 overs

Compton 52* (165)
    Stewart 26* (29)
  • And then Compton goes, caught by the keeper down the legside off Bamber, trying to pull a bouncer without adding to his score

145-7
  • Stewart bowled top of off by Murtagh for a very good 36 (44)

167-8

• Sponsored links:

167-8

Not quite yet !
  • Agar out caught for 7

180-9

167-8

Not quite yet !
    Have cricket decided to bring in football style VAR and reverse decisions after 5 minutes of deliberating!
  • Sorry it was Quinn that was bowled!

Stewart is still there on 44. I was listening to the commentary while typing on another thread!
  • Stewart has gone finally for 44

186 all out
  • Rain and probably lunch
  • 10 off 1st over, bowled by  Agar...not the best start ! 
  • Was an embarrassing watch yesterday, bar Compton. 
  • edited April 2023
    10 off 1st over, bowled by  Agar...not the best start ! 
    Good comeback - gets the wicket of Stoneman. Eventually caught at first slip by Cox after Crawley parried it,

35-1 at lunch
  • Malan caught low by Billings down the legside off Stewart

37-2
  • Sponsored links:

• Great diving catch by Crawley at slip off Agar to dismiss Robson

47-3
  • Agar is pretty sharp.. Would like to see him bowl in July!
  • Stewart gets Holden caught by Billings for 6

62-4

Stewart and Agar bowling well in tandem and can only hope that their replacements keep the pressure up

62-4

Stewart and Agar bowling well in tandem and can only hope that their replacements keep the pressure up
    Go Aussie Go  :D

62-4

One to me - Quinn gets a wicket with his very first ball to have Ezkinazi caught behind

62-5
  • DubaiCAFC said:

Agar is pretty sharp.. Would like to see him bowl in July!
    Spencer Johnson is as fast if not faster and there are any number of quicks that are pressing them in the South Australia League. The Australian system, lack of State games and nature of their Grade 1 cricket dictates that these top players have to play for their clubs - Labuschagne for his club in Queensland when they won their League. That lends itself to club cricketers being better prepared to step up to playing for their State. It is also the reason why so many of our county players go to Australia in the off season and why some do not do as well as one would expect. 
  • Just occurred to me that our main 4 bowlers are all from down under, 3 Aussie born and 1 from NZ. That must be a record for Kent, and a slightly dubious one too.
  • Just occurred to me that our main 4 bowlers are all from down under, 3 Aussie born and 1 from NZ. That must be a record for Kent, and a slightly dubious one too.
    We're turning into Surrey. Compton was born in South Africa too.
  • Mind you, at least four of the Middlesex team weren't born here either.
    We're turning into Surrey. Compton was born in South Africa too.
    "I will not nibble, I will not nibble, I will not nibble, I will not nibble"

Prick