Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• edited June 2023
    Why do we always seem with toil with tail enders?
  • 359-9 and another to Qadri. We still have a lead of 25
  • Oh dear Surrey
  • Oh dear Surrey
    Oh no. What's happened?
  • edited June 2023
    I obviously know why but it does make wonder why when a game is clearly lost, the captain doesn’t just concede, why prolong the inevitable?
  • Oh dear Surrey
    When your top 5 only score 116 between them in the match then you don't really deserve to win. When that top 5 contains 4 players with Test caps and 1 who is very much on Englands radar as a future test match player then it really is embarrassing.
  • Phew. 4 for Denly
  • Kent win by an innings and 15 runs. Maximum points. 
  • Interesting that all the Div 1 games have finished, while the Div 2 games are still ongoing
  • Oh dear Surrey
    NOW I know why here's no Surrey thread.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh dear Surrey
    NOW I know why here's no Surrey thread.....
    There is but no one wants to go on it because of all that brown stuff
  • DBD has signed a contract extension 'til the end of 2025. Great news. I would hope that there will be an announcement about Cox in the not too distant future. 
  • DBD has signed a contract extension 'til the end of 2025. Great news. I would hope that there will be an announcement about Cox in the not too distant future. 
    Great timing. I wonder whether he signed it before his wonder week or afterwards  :D
    Great timing. I wonder whether he signed it before his wonder week or afterwards  :D
    A bit like when Stevens was going to be released you mean then found some form.

We tend to drip feed these announcements which is why I am hopeful about Cox. I might be wrong but, as far as I'm aware, the likes of Hogan, Bhuyian, Logan, Blake and O'Riordan are the other ones out of contract at the end of the season. 
  • Great out of the relegation zone with that maximum point win.

Let's stay there!!
  • Checking what time our T20 at Taunton starts on Sunday , expecting it to be 2.30 & found it's the only one at 6.30.

The TV Times states there will be coverage of a T20 group match on both Sky Main Event & Sky Cricket from 6.55pm ...so guess that's us!

Clearly we have to wait until the Ashes' coverage has finished, if it continues that long. 
  • Checking what time our T20 at Taunton starts on Sunday , expecting it to be 2.30 & found it's the only one at 6.30.

The TV Times states there will be coverage of a T20 group match on both Sky Main Event & Sky Cricket from 6.55pm ...so guess that's us!

Clearly we have to wait until the Ashes' coverage has finished, if it continues that long. 
    Check sky sports mix or the cricket channel. Their coverage often starts earlier than that on main event. Ridiculous that the coverage starts after the match has started. Would never happen to football.

Mine says that Sky Main Event and Sky Cricket coverage starts at 6.25. If the Test over runs I'm not sure that they can switch it to Sky Mix because they are covering Live Indycar at that time
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    Will be interesting to see who drops out for Klassen, one would assume evison with Blake and quinn being the others left out -   would be incredibly harsh on evison after his last performance against Middlesex. 

I have found the sky coverage on their YouTube channel, for free, quite frequently recently

I have found the sky coverage on their YouTube channel, for free, quite frequently recently.

We normally watch the host county's stream as with the Essex match at Chelmsford but as it's on Sky, I guess there's a choice.
  • Will be interesting to see who drops out for Klassen, one would assume evison with Blake and quinn being the others left out -   would be incredibly harsh on evison after his last performance against Middlesex. 
    Hogan or Quinn in my view. Evison's batting is too valuable to leave him out.
  • Might Agar be rested after having played in the 4 day game? 
  • Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t hogan our leading wicket taker in that competition? Can’t see him missing out, especially after being rested this last championship round. 

LenGlover said:
    Will be interesting to see who drops out for Klassen, one would assume evison with Blake and quinn being the others left out -   would be incredibly harsh on evison after his last performance against Middlesex. 

• Correct me if I am wrong but isn’t hogan our leading wicket taker in that competition? Can’t see him missing out, especially after being rested this last championship round. 

LenGlover said:

Don't know. 

I just think Evison has to play.
  • Hogan has 21 wickets and Stewart 20. The thing about Evison is that I'm really not sure what his role in the team is and he probably doesn't know either. He's played in 7 of the 12 games, has only batted twice (at 9 with both Linde and Stewart above him) and faced 20 balls in total - and bowled 14 overs taking 4 wickets in total. Klaassen, Agar, Hogan and Stewart backed up by Linde, Denly and Leaning give us more than enough bowling options. As for resting Agar or Hogan, would we do that given that we need to win every game? 
  • Blimey didn’t realise Stewart had taken that many, not a bad return - Do you happen to know his economy rate? Only one that could possibly miss out instead of evison is Stewart but then again with 20 wickets to his name it would be silly to leave him out, just can’t see one of hogan, agar and klassen not playing. 
  • Hogan has 21 wickets and Stewart 20. The thing about Evison is that I'm really not sure what his role in the team is and he probably doesn't know either. He's played in 7 of the 12 games, has only batted twice (at 9 with both Linde and Stewart above him) and faced 20 balls in total - and bowled 14 overs taking 4 wickets in total. Klaassen, Agar, Hogan and Stewart backed up by Linde, Denly and Leaning give us more than enough bowling options. As for resting Agar or Hogan, would we do that given that we need to win every game? 
    Hogan is a first choice player in T20s. It's Quinn who's most likely to miss out as he's more of a CC regular. Indeed, other than Agar and the all rounder Evison, the frontline bowlers these days do seem to concentrate mainly in one form

Red - Agar, Ashdeep, Quinn, Evison, Qadri
    White - Agar, Hogan, Klassen, Stewart, Linde, Evison