Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• edited June 2023
    Chucking it down still. When's the latest they can play til?

Most people have buggered off now. I've just got myself a nice beer
  • Seems to have pretty much stopped
  • Word from the commentary box is restart at 9:30 with a ten over innings. Target will be over 100 I'd imagine. Blake needs to continue hitting them 6s
  • They've suggested 129!
  • Come on rain  :D
  • Confirmed 129 target in a total of ten overs (6.4 left) Jesus h...
  • 98 off 40 balls. Come on Blakey!!!
  • That is ridiculous, how on earth have they come up with that figure 
  • DBD had the physio on earlier and now Muyeye is his runner
  • 87 to win off 6 over
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    Tymal Mills to Blake - 6, 4 & rain
    16 off the over in total. Need much the same again for the next 6 overs - sorry 21 off that over
  • 78 off 5 
  • Blake gone 
  • 52-2 Blake out 77 to win off 4.4 overs
  • 67-3 62 to win from 4 overs
  • edited June 2023
    45 to win off 3 kent 84 for 3
  • Farcical game whoever wins
  • edited June 2023
    28 runs off 11 balls still 7 wickets in hand
  • 27 off 9 balls 6 wickets in hand
  • 26 off 6 balls 
  • Sponsored links:

• Why did we send in Leaning rather than Stewart?
  • I’m a Sussex supporter but I feel sorry for Kent tonight. A complete farce. 
  • Kent lost by 11 runs almost an impossible target to chase at 15 an over 
  • Surely someone screwed up the DL calculation, it hardly seems credible? 🤔🫤☹️
  • Ridiculous target
  • Sussex got a very good total but once the game is shortened DL doesn’t work. It only works when the first team bats badly. If Sussex had scored 150, Kent would rightly deserved to have won. With a big score, it needs a full 20 overs to decide the rightful winners.
  • Hopefully the DBD injury won't be bad and we see some of the injured return for Sunday 
  • Just home after a disappointing, cold, damp evening in Canterbury.

Quickly read the above posts & agree that the target we were set seemed more then expected by most of those around us who stayed to the bitter end. 

And bitter it was....sadly. A feckin awful way to get some kind of result. 

Was told that DBD had a hamstring problem so unless Denly ( back problem after his mega stint with the ball v Northants ) , Agar & Klaasen are back for Sunday, I feel the Quarter Final is out of reach. 

Oh well, there's always the 50 overs comp. 
  • I was there, gutted about the weather mainly because I ended up spending 40 quid in the club shop for a hoodie as despite my protestations to the others I was with, I was fucking freezing! 

Bopara really was in great form and Sussex scored and attacked our bowlers well. I know the club cannot in any way shape or form so anything about the weather and once the first drops of rain started I was thinking of how late I could leave it to get the last train home and like most of the ground decided to leave. I won't pretend to understand DL but sitting on the train reading what we had been set and in the number of overs, it seemed excessive. 

Gutted we lost Muyeye so early as that guy can be really entertaining to watch. Always next season
  • Have we still qualified for the 1/4 finals or not?