Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kent CCC 2023

Comments

• If only we could play Northampton every week ...
  • If only we could play Northampton every week ...
    At least we do get to play them twice. Imagine if they were one of the two teams that we don't play twice and how that might impact on our position in the table. It is ludicrous that the vehicle that is meant to produce Test players doesn't have a level playing field. 
  • Apart from the triple ton, DBD also carried his bat. I wonder if he's ever done that before?
    Er, no he did not...Compton opened with Muyeye....
  • Congratulations to DB-D on his undefeated triple hundred! Must have done wonders for his batting average this season.

Now we need the bowlers to continue the way they started before lunch and finish this off as a maximum points win!!
  • On a slightly different subject, I took a look at the list of players "bought" for the much loved Hundred (spit)

It looks like we have only 3 at present including both of our current 'keepers.

Who would be behind the stumps for us in the 50 overs matches ? 
  • On a slightly different subject, I took a look at the list of players "bought" for the much loved Hundred (spit)

Harry Finch has kept in every single 2s game for that reason. He's a natural athlete but not someone who came through the Sussex system as a keeper but I suspect that, in signing him and encouraging him to take the gloves, we have tried to kill two birds with one stone. He looks competent enough though. 
  • Which was just as well because we are now all out and DBD is left stranded on 300* (439)

621 all out and a lead of 384
    That won't do his average any harm! Well done DBD!
    2014 was the only year that DBD actually reached 1,000 runs for the season. I was thinking that, after this innings, he must be well on his way to doing it again - only to discover that, with 490 runs so far, he isn't even half way there!
  • edited June 2023
    Another to Denly. I said that this pitch looked like it would spin and suit Qadri but forgot that Denly is the one to turn the ball away from the right hander and also, as a wrist spinner, the ability to get more spin out of the foot holes to the left handers

63-3 and still 321 behind 

Harry Finch has kept in every single 2s game for that reason. He's a natural athlete but not someone who came through the Sussex system as a keeper but I suspect that, in signing him and encouraging him to take the gloves, we have tried to kill two birds with one stone. He looks competent enough though. 
    Thanks, AA. 

Sounds like a plan !
  • Another to Denly. I said that this pitch looked like it would spin and suit Qadri but forgot that Denly is the one to turn the ball away from the right hander and also, as a wrist spinner, the ability to get more spin out of the foot holes to the left handers

63-3 and still 321 behind 
    Denly to take 6 wickets and get an England recall  :D
  • Sponsored links:

Got some practice in during the Royal London final last year too, I seem to recall 
  • 133-3 at tea and 251 behind
  • Gay c Leaning b Arshdeep 9   :D
  • Wicket to Qadri - the big one of Keogh too for 57

153-4 and still 231 behind
  • Qadri gets a wicket, Keogh out lbw.

Not so sure about that decision by Baby Bumble, looked to be turning down leg.

153-4 or, to put it another way, -231/4.
  • Northants 196 behind with 6 wickets in hand. We need another wicket.
  • edited June 2023
    Proctor lbw b Leaning 52 5 down now! 

204-5
  • Going off for bad light after Compton hit at short leg by a shot by Zaib.
  • edited June 2023
    214-5 at present.

170 behind.
  • edited June 2023
    7 scheduled overs left today IF they get back on.

The umpires haven't left the field.
  • Sponsored links:

• WH Ashdown

Sean Dickson

Daniel Bell - Drummond

The 3 men to have scored one or more triple centuries for Kent.

Daniel has the 4th highest score in the County's history after today.
  • Arthur Fagg still the only player to score a double hundred in each innings in the county championship.
    Kent v Essex 1938.
  • LenGlover said:
    Going off for bad light after Compton hit at short leg by a shot by Zaib.
    Slightly frustrating that it was the safety of our fielders that took us off early.
  • Kent get an early wicket Zaib out for 43. 220-6 (Denly bowler)
  • Denly has bowled 34 overs. Obviously trying to cement his place in the side as a bowler. 
  • 237-7

Second wicket to Qadri
  • 237-7 Qadi just got McManus, northants need a further 147 to make Kent bat again
  • Don't know if it's the Kookaburra or the recent weather, but the spinners have been taking lots of wickets in this round of CC matches
  • Great bit of work from Agar on his follow through to run out the non striker

275-8
  • 9 and 10 have now put on 66  :#