Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: CHARLTON ATHLETIC v CHELTENHAM TOWN / FRIDAY 2nd DECEMBER 2022 7.45pm KO

Comments

• Options

Hows it going Martin?
  • Options
    How typical that a lack of a striker is what has cursed us all season - and one we were linked with scored the only goal to win an underserved three points. 

Just sell up Thomas. Over to you Peter V. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Looks like a typical shite performance on the face but we were all over them second half. We're cursed 
    Leuth. You need to up your standards, mate. We had a bunch of the ball but never looked likely to score. That's not being "all over them".
    I mean, we did score 
  • Options
    Came on here to catch up on the World Cup thread. Didn’t even remember we were playing tonight 
  • Options
    Comfortable 2nd half and would like to see both disallowed goals again but we'rejust not good enough. Macca really  knows how to not endear himself to the home fans. 

Plus point is Mitchell looks a great prospect. 2nd time I've seen him and so composed for a kid. 
  • Options
    Thomas, Martin and Raelynne can move on now. That picture of them in coaching gear tells all. Control freaks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Should have been 1-0 up before Mac's howler, Kirk DEF looked onside, played on by their No6, but we got hit by another gift of a goal, when based on our second half performance we didn't deserve, Cheltenham did a good smash and grab job, assisted by useless ref and Lino.
    One good point was the performance of Ness and Mitchell, played well beyond their years and should prove a good asset, and DEF don't deserve to be on the end of that result.
    As an aside, love Kish in the studio and his no nonsense take on the game and his obvious love for the club...we look like a lost cause at the moment..
  • Options
    Club is fucking dead. Start the funeral.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Who are the 2 next to Shitegard?
    Martin and Martin's other half 
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    I think we can change the manager as often as we want but as things stand unless Sandgaard invests or sells nothing is going to change on the field. The way things are at the moment, the only plus is  we will get to visit a lot of new grounds in League Two
    This. We won't even change the manager anyway because he will need paying off so it's a moot point. But changing the manager is rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic at this point. Proper grim.
  • Options
    We didn't deserve to lose that, but grim stuff 

Madness to try and have a big anniversary celebration during the World Cup, especially when it had to be moved to a Friday. Very flat atmosphere tonight.
  • Options
    I’ll huff,
    And I’ll puff,
    And I’ll be nowhere near blowing your house down. 
  • Options
    We huffed and puffed but were unable to break down a weak looking Cheltenham Town team, who should have won by two goals. Dobbo played well and kept us on the front foot. I'm not a fan of Clare but he broke forward well tonight, probably our MOM. DJ was ineffective - it's pretty desperate to play him upfront. Mitchell and Ness were both good, marshalled by the ever fault prone Innis. What else to say? They tried but were not good enough. Don't blame the ref!
  • Options
    Now really fed up watching these kind hearted fluffy bunnies. Need someone in to take charge, bring in a bit a passion and toughen up these snowflakes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Comfortable 2nd half and would like to see both disallowed goals again but we'rejust not good enough. Macca really  knows how to not endear himself to the home fans. 

Plus point is Mitchell looks a great prospect. 2nd time I've seen him and so composed for a kid. 
    First one was yards offside. Second one looked close.
  • Options
    Garner said he thought Kirk was off. I don't think he was but I had the replay.
  • Options
    Looks broken to me watching his post match.
    Reckon he's pretty much Done.

Has Sandgaard got the appetite to get shot or has he lost interest entirely?
  • Options
    I said it against port vale and I’ll say it again tonight -

you can all sit here and blame sandgaard as much as you like but this squad / team should not be sitting 16th in league 1. Garners tactics are simply not good enough, loose against Stockport on Wednesday and it will probably be goodnight Ben. 
    Can he afford to sack Garner?

can he afford not to?
  • Options
    Second one was marginal but was off judging by the angle on Charlton TV.
  • Options
    Positive performance Garner says. Only positive is that the first half embarrassing fuck-up didn’t double the amount of goals conceded after the second half embarrassing fuck-up.
  • Options
    I’ll huff,
    And I’ll puff,
    And I’ll be nowhere near blowing your league out of the water.