Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Post-Match Thread: CHARLTON ATHLETIC v CHELTENHAM TOWN / FRIDAY 2nd DECEMBER 2022 7.45pm KO

Comments

• Billy_Mix said:
    LouisMend said:
    ‘Cultural issues’ like a manager who thinks Connor McGrandles is better than both George Dobson and Jake Forster Caskey?
    jog on you overpromoted muppet
    BG not LM
    Says you
  • cs1986 said:
    Club is fucking dead. Start the funeral.
    Well its certainly starting to smell a bit.
  • I won't be renewing my season ticket next year, can count x4 others the same. It's really sad, I love Charlton more than anything but it's a complete chore going at the moment. 
  • Hellish and sad.
  • Just so depressing ... the table looks like we're heading for a relegation dogfight.
  • The most upsetting thing tonight is I totally missed that we were even playing tonight. I listened to the Brazil v Cameroon game and enjoyed it, even laughed at the curmudgeon that is Chris Sutton. When 8 saw a few messages bemoaning the result I checked. Sadly I wasn't shocked, surprised or that bothered.

Once upon a time a defeat ruined my weekend. Now I feel overcome with apathy. Thanks Thomas for relieving me of the distress. Its quite a thing you've pulled off. Even Roland and the spivs didn't make me so disillusioned. 
    Same here, I could of sworn we had Morecambe away today. I thought 30 years back at the valley was some in house game. Only on the way back from a night out my other half said oh Charlton lost. Can't say I was shocked. Garner is just about more entertaining than my left toe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Even after that most depressing of all losses, im still clinging to the hope of making play offs :)

I clearly have it bad

COYR 
  • McG is back alright! 
  • cafc4life said:
    An absolute insulting disgrace that he brought JFC on in the 92nd minute. I feel for Garner a little BUT as some of said we should be higher than we are. The cards he has been dealt by this prick of an owner however are bang out of order.
    I wondered whether there was a bit of politics there played by Garner to snitch Sandgaard up. Who knows if bring on JFC triggered something contract wise that the club had previously been avoiding? Who knows 
    You may be right but the trigger is a doubling of wages I believe. Maybe another £1500 a week.  On the basis that they will complete his transfer to AFC Wimbledon as soon as the window opens, the hit to the bottom line will now be relatively small.
  • edited December 2022
    Oggy Red said:
    How can Sandgaard be asking any money for the club? Losing £8m a year and a first team squad worth zilch. You could make a case for a few of the Academy prospects but it all amounts to a row of beans. Sandgaard was stupid giving Southall and the Fake Sheikh anything. A new owner should avoid making the same mistake. Sandgaard has to give it away to get out of the money pit. 

But who des Sandgaard 'give it' to? Another Southall ..... ?

We've seen this movie before.

We can't odds that Oggy and we can't stay as we are. If they turn out to be chancers they won't be here long. We will find a good owner sooner or later and we 8 years in and looking for number five, so hopefully we are approaching 'later.'
  • No win in the last five league games. Last league win was away at Shrewsbury on the 22nd October.
  • Sponsored links:

• Garner getting a fair bit of stick on here, but is he really the problem? I honestly feel that with the right backing he'd actually be a good manager for us.

Pretty obvious he's been stitched up by Sandgaard and not given what he wanted, and on top of that we've got a number of injuries to key players.
    I agree. He has some tools but a few important ones are missing. Give them to him and then judge him I say.
  • If Sandgaard is in any doubt about what the fans think of him and how he is running this club he should be made  to sit down and read every post on this thread. 
  • The sad thing is that I was just waiting for Cheltenham to score as the minutes ticked away. It has become so predictable for us to concede late on. 
    At least the performances of Mitchell and Ness slightly lifted the gloom 
  • We didn't deserve to lose that. we played some good stuff at times without creating a great deal .
    Mitchell was impressive as was Clare but the lack of investment in the transfer window , up front and in defence , is absolutely killing us. 
    let's hope this so called investor/buyer wasn't there tonight. 
    I'm pretty sure Garner will not be at the club come the Brighton game. 

Garner won’t be sacked if TS is looking to sell.

Why would he bother paying the compensation?
  • Feels like its the start of a relegation struggle to me. Forget the possession stats and the countless neat triangles (and there WERE some positives, like Mitchell & Clare)....if you can't beat that Cheltenham team at home, then the prospects don't look good. 
  • The worrying thing is that our run of festive games is very difficult. Peterborough and Portsmouth will be tough and Oxford are a bit of a bogey team for us. If we don't get anything from the Bristol Rovers match we could be bang in trouble come January