Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: CHARLTON ATHLETIC v CHELTENHAM TOWN / FRIDAY 2nd DECEMBER 2022 7.45pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Positive performance Garner says. Only positive is that the first half embarrassing fuck-up didn’t double the amount of goals conceded after the second half embarrassing fuck-up.
    The second half I'd agree we looked far better. That was the positive chunk before MacGoAway got his headed assist.
  • Options
    Fuck them all off, utter bilge.

Inniss and MacGillivray in particular were determined to gift a goal to Cheltenham, and they eventually succeeded. I hope for their sake they're at least making money off their shit football by betting against us every game 
  • Options
    Do you blame sandgarred   or garner we’ve signed division 4 players and we’re heading for division 4 did we sign divisions 4 players because garner wanted them or we didn’t have the budget. It’s the worst team we’ve had since I started watching in late 70s as bad as the players are a curbishley would get more our of them. Do I blame garner and sandgarred 
  • Options
    Another owner isn't going to help any more than another manager. Our stock is shot.
  • Options
    Glad I had something better to do tonight.
  • Options
    Let the protests begin. Not just against the deluded yank. Let Garner and these useless players know what we think of them. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow I wish I hadn’t bothered!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I think this is possibly the lowest I’ve ever felt about the club 
    Lower than the last year's under RD (not the promotion season) 

Lower than being taken over by conmen? 

It's easy to forget what the pain was really like back then, I think I'm more apathetic now. I don't see a way out for little old Charlton. Any new owner will be as nuts as the last and probably more deluded.
     If we get the next one wrong I fear it really could be curtains.
  • Options
    Not exactly the performance to draw in a big crowd for the Brighton game.
    Garner is the problem not the answer. Don't think any new investor will be impressed if we keep turning in this crap. To think I've shelled out £70 and seen us lose to Port Vale and Cheltenham so far - life's a bitch.
    What's was up with CBT and Kanu. Only bright spots for me Mitchell, Ness and Dobbo!
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Predictable unfortunately.

Just hope we can scrape together enough points to stay up. That's how bad it's got.

2023 will be my 60th anniversary of following Charlton and I have rarely felt as despondent as I do now during that time. Where is the hope and optimism? 

There have been worse times during those nearly 60 years, 7 years of exile being the main one, but I'm not getting any younger and I fear that the rest of my Charlton supporting time is destined to be third tier and below.

Sorry but that's how I feel.

Forgot to add it's all the fault of Albie Morgan and Kish. Two of the most unjustified scapegoats of 60 years. (Gallows humour kicking in).

EDIT: Posted 1923 rather than 2023 originally. Thanks for pointing out @RodneyCharltonTrotta
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First game at The Valley this season. Terrible first half, much better in the second when we decided to play with some tempo and purpose.

Not many positives from the game, except Ness and Mitchell looking good for their debuts. Clare and Dobson were the only ones looking to make things happen for us.

• Options
    How are Martin and Gallen always out watching players and always at our games?  
  • Options
    I think this is possibly the lowest I’ve ever felt about the club 
    100%.
  • Options
    This is a difficult one, if we do get dragged into a relegation battle, do we continue to Booo the team for losing games, or do we get behind the team to try and support them, even though we are unhappy with their performance. 
    I think we need to separate our unhappiness with Sangaards stewardship and the manager /team. Garner has been dealt a poor hand, and he is trying to do his best.
    So it's a tricky one, how to protest against a lack of leadership and funding by our American cousin without damaging performances on the pitch.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    How are Martin and Gallen always out watching players and always at our games?  
    Because SG has scouts  to do that and gather the data SG will only get involved later in the deal 
  • Options
    I am getting sick of this.
  • Options
    I don't know how anyone can say we didn't deserve to lose. We create very few chances and those we do, we waste. And then we try our hardest to gift a goal to the oppo and eventually succeed in doing so. In my mind we absolutely deserve to lose.
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    I think we can change the manager as often as we want but as things stand unless Sandgaard invests or sells nothing is going to change on the field. The way things are at the moment, the only plus is  we will get to visit a lot of new grounds in League Two
    Will any thing change if he sell. We will just another owner who cannot fund the club. That would be the most likely out come