Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: CHARLTON ATHLETIC v CHELTENHAM TOWN / FRIDAY 2nd DECEMBER 2022 7.45pm KO

Comments

• Options
    Tonight I could not be bothered to go.  While I ahve been a season ticket holder (since 1997) I can't remember not bothered as a reason. I kept up with the stats and and game a bit.  How am I able to get my nephews/neices to the Valley when it has been terrible for more than a decade. Less the Bowyer miracle.
  • Options
    How can Sandgaard be asking any money for the club? Losing £8m a year and a first team squad worth zilch. You could make a case for a few of the Academy prospects but it all amounts to a row of beans. Sandgaard was stupid giving Southall and the Fake Sheikh anything. A new owner should avoid making the same mistake. Sandgaard has to give it away to get out of the money pit. 

But who des Sandgaard 'give it' to? Another Southall ..... ?

We've seen this movie before.

• Options
    Thought the defence was shocking in the first half - we really rode our luck.

Against Premiership opposition it could be embarrassing - does the club shop sell blindfolds?  
  • Options
    LouisMend said:
    This is starting to puzzle, frustrate and anger me.  This has been an issue since the Gillingham game in the autumn of 2020.  I think we have 3 of the same players.  None of the same coaches. 

What's driving the culture?  A have a very strong suspicion but would be interested what others think is causing it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It is close, but Kirk's goal looked onside. 
  • Options

PWR 

In the words of John McEnroe “you cannot be serious” 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    LouisMend said:
    This is starting to puzzle, frustrate and anger me.  This has been an issue since the Gillingham game in the autumn of 2020.  I think we have 3 of the same players.  None of the same coaches. 

What's driving the culture?  A have a very strong suspicion but would be interested what others think is causing it?
    Why don't you actually say what you mean? 
  • Options
    The published attendance tonight was 12,566. I don't believe that for a minute.  I can only guess that lots of people claimed free tickets then couldn't find people prepared to go. Even if it was correct, it would still be piss poor for a club giving so many freebies away.  Who can blame anyone for not attending though - we never look exciting and we never look like scoring.  It's hardly a winning formula.

As for the match, I thought Clare, Dobson, Sessegnon and the newbies were pretty good tonight. McGillivray, Innis and Morgan were awful. Chuks was very disappointing - looked like he had no energy. Everyone else was a bit meh. The real problem isn't the players though; that's the symptom not the cause. The real problem is deep rooted within the club.   
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    LouisMend said:

Why don't you actually say what you mean? 
    I asked the question so the answer would be without prejudice.  Why do you think there is a culture problem that has been consistent for 2 years with 4 managers and completely different players?

Or don't you think there is one? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched the stream, would have been there but left it late to book Valley Express and it was sold out. Did me a big favour.

Second half we did ok, but it was mainly huff and puff, never ever nearing convincing. Even so they missed a number of decent first half chances so the absolute most we deserved was a draw. The Kirk goal was close, would have needed VAR for that, so no blame on the Lino IF he did get it wrong.

MacG is a calamity keeper, got to go at the end of the season. Not having seen recent games did AMB deserve to be dropped? Other than Ness and Mitchell the only other Bright spots were Dobbo, Sess and Clare. Ness and Mitchell both did well, guided through the game by the senior pro next to them leading by example, NOT. Another who go in the summer.

BG has made mistakes but he’s been left high and dry by TS and to compound the weaknesses in the squad has had to contend to numerous injuries to key players. Given proper backing he will get us out of League One, in my humble opinion of course.

Looking forward to Stockport tearing us a new one on Wednesday in front of the expectant millions on terrestrial TV.
  • Options
    It is close, but Kirk's goal looked onside. 
    I agree & what I thought at the time as I was pretty level with Kirk as the ball was played.

However, the "highlights" have just 2 chances from us & about 5 or 6 from them. We could have been buried before half time (akin to Derby at the start of the season) but we rode our luck & managed to hang on in there. 

But if you start a game of football where you effectively now can play 16 players & you only have 1 recognised striker (and he doesn't come on until after the hour mark) then you ain't going to score many goals nor win many games. 

Even when Stockley & Leaburn are back I don't think we will be pulling up many trees.
  • Options
    Yet another cold miserable night at happy valley.