Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• RedJohn said:
    If true, sounds like no takeover then.
    Why ? If BG has resigned then there’s feck all Sandgaard can do about it.
  • I'd be surprised, doubt TS would want to pay the compensation. 
  • edited December 2022
    Who knows what contract he was on...could it be same as Jacko,..ie performance related  ?
  • Because we've all gathered from the past 6 years is that it's definitely always the manager's fault. 
  • Who knows what contract he was on...could it be same as Jacko,..ie performance related  ?
    Even if that were true (and it may well be) still more expense to recruit someone else who will require assurances on the January transfer window. It’s illogical to my mind. 

The only rational (positive) explanation is he has sold up and the new owners are replacing him. 

I’m dreaming obviously 😉
  • Isn't TS keen on 'targets', maybe there is a clause that says BG should reach a certain target and if not he gets sacked unceremoniously.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't see this on Twitter, can someone post please?
  • edited December 2022
    Conventional wisdom does not seem to exist with TS, so if true, I wouldn’t really use it as any indication of a possible take over or not. 

Agree:
    If Sandgaard was leaving soon  it's less likely that a manager would be replaced, with what ever comp would've to be paid.
  • If true upset that yet another manager not been given any time and if sacked rather than walked means there is no takeover in the near future all very depressing at the moment don’t know why I put myself through it but always have and always will 
    I've looked as well, can't see anything, so more than likely BS!
  • edited December 2022
    Sandgaard Junior mentioned Garner to his father in the summer as one to speak to for the job. 

If true about him going then that recommendation went well

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/19351677/charlton-thomas-sandgaard-ben-garner/amp/
  • Martinez has just left Belgium 
  • Martinez has just left Belgium 
    I'd question his sanity if he wanted to manage us 
  • Sponsored links:

• This is all I can find on the internet …

Charlton Athletic are understood to have begun speculative contacts with representatives of out-of-work managers as pressure grows further on Ben Garner. 

• RedJohn said:
    If true, sounds like no takeover then.
    Why ? If BG has resigned then there’s feck all Sandgaard can do about it.
    true, I was wrongly under the assumption that he has/had been sacked.
  • That, if true, is gonna make the talk of a potential new owner being present at the BHA game somewhat strange!
    Why would TS sack a manager and have to pay him off if he's selling the club? He could've left it to the new regime surely?
    yeah, just shows that Varney's tweet was misinterpreted. He just wanted a bit of an atmosphere. 
  • Think, why would TS get rid of BG a few days before an FA cup replay, where there is the potential, however small, we win, then beat Walsall to set up maybe a big money spinning draw in the 4th round?
  • edited December 2022
    who knows, but seems very unlikely to me. It’s easy with social media for rumours to snowball these days. Will happily hold me hands up if true though
    Probably because it's a load of bollox. 

Anyone can start anything on twitter. Unless anyone on here is in the know or has any even vague knowledge I'd say its all bollox.

• First post on this thread was an hour ago. I’d think we’d have a little more by now if this had legs. As you were.
    Probably because it's a load of bollox. 

Anyone can start anything on twitter. Unless anyone on here is in the know or has any even vague knowledge I'd say it’s all bollox.

Not on twitter before this thread started. It is now though! 
  • First post on this thread was an hour ago. I’d think we’d have a little more by now if this had legs. As you were.
    yeah, poor show Rob. We need more unverified twitter rumours otherwise this thread will begin to sink. 
  • Powelly available..... From Dec 19th