Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

1272829303133»

Comments

• Agreed, he is a coach of youth not a manager.  Would be amazed to see him back as manager any time soon.
  • Off_it said:
    Ghana? Sounds like about his level. Garner gone to Ghana, where after a short while he will probably be a gawner. 

We've had some shite managers in recent times but this bloke has to be right up there. "Garner-ball" anyone?
    I wouldn't call him 'shite' tbh. I think his ambition is such that it'd require a LOT of initial patience. I could actually see him being a really good manager if given a couple of years anywhere. The trouble is that such patience is almost never afforded. He had tactical ideas and it was clear sometimes that with the right players he'd have us playing some amazing stuff. But he never did have the right players. Not as much as poor Adkins was, but he was seriously let down by the bunch of wasters at his disposal 
  • Wasn’t he in charge of our demolishing of Plymouth? Everything clicked for him that game.

hes definitely not shite. And i think with the right type of players he can become a good manager

right to dream is a good move for him to find his feet again, the owners have good club links as well for the future if he performs 
  • edited August 17
    Between Garner, Holden and Appleton, they have moved on and now ended up with relatively decent jobs and probably on good money, certainly with Holden.

Is it us and how we handle managers or did they all get lucky?
  • Am not having this "with the right type of players" garbage. You could say that about most managers.
  • The emperor’s new clothes -ooooh he’ll be managing in the championship soon , we’ll be lucky to keep him
    same old same old , any lump of shit comes through the door at Charlton and gets elevated to world status immediately by some   As for that Charlie Kirk you’ve seen his YouTube footage …….

Old Man Yells at Cloud  Old Man Yells at Cloud  Know Your Meme
  • Between Garner, Holden and Appleton, they have moved on and now ended up with relatively decent jobs and probably on good money, certainly with Holden.

Is it us and how we handle managers or did they all get lucky?

None of them are managers though. 
  • edited August 17
    Leuth said:
    Off_it said:
    Ghana? Sounds like about his level. Garner gone to Ghana, where after a short while he will probably be a gawner. 

We've had some shite managers in recent times but this bloke has to be right up there. "Garner-ball" anyone?
    I wouldn't call him 'shite' tbh. I think his ambition is such that it'd require a LOT of initial patience. I could actually see him being a really good manager if given a couple of years anywhere. The trouble is that such patience is almost never afforded. He had tactical ideas and it was clear sometimes that with the right players he'd have us playing some amazing stuff. But he never did have the right players. Not as much as poor Adkins was, but he was seriously let down by the bunch of wasters at his disposal 

Think Garner was on a hiding to nothing too given TS was trying to dial back the investment etc and it was all free transfers and cheap loans.

Come and play a different style of football with players than can't do it, oh and I'm not giving you any budget to sign any players who can....

That said, I agree that he seems best suited to coaching not management.