Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

1262728293032»

Comments

• Options
    Wasn't Garner a long term number two to Pulis?
  • Options
    Good to see Colchester get a win away at Cambridge last night.
  • Options
    Sacked this evening after losing 2-1 at home to Harrogate and dropping into the relegation zone
  • Options
    Appleton needs another coach……
  • Options
    Watch the improvement in Colchester from next week then.
  • Options
    Decent coach, shit manager. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Relieved of duties.
  • Options
    You might not believe me but Ted Baker ( yes THE Ted Baker) told me he was useless when we hired him. Ted is great mates with Paul Tisdale 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The emperor’s new clothes 
  • Options
    Watched the goals tonight and sad to see Mitchell struggling, I hope this doesn't set him back.
    Not sure where Ben Garner goes from here as a manager as other than Swindon his CV with Rovers, Charlton and Colchester won't help get him another manager's job in the EFL.
    Garner will have to drop another level or two to National League or NLS or NLN.
  • Options
    Maybe the job was too much for him? That's the comment he's made about refs before.
  • Options
    He does love a ref moan. The post match interviews became painful. Never Garner's 'process' at fault. 
  • Options
    Martin Sandgaard’s finest intervention .  I do think Garner has some good ideas but he’s never had the players to implement what he wants to do.  
  • Options
    Strangely I can barely remember him, its either old age or a sign of the number of managers we have had. I actually dont think I could name our last five managers.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Martin Sandgaard’s finest intervention .  I do think Garner has some good ideas but he’s never had the players to implement what he wants to do.  
    Which does beg the question of whether those ideas are too ambitious honestly. If he keeps going from job to job but keeps finding that players are not responsive then maybe it's not the players that are the issue.
    Yes, that’s the point I was making .  His ideology is admirable but not realistic .  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hal1x said:
    Strangely I can barely remember him, its either old age or a sign of the number of managers we have had. I actually dont think I could name our last five managers.
    I struggle as well, as they all seem to meld into one.  If I remember rightly, Dean Garner started out alright but never had a Plan B. As soon as other managers had figured out what we were going to do, we never won again because we would never adapt. Though, that might have been Ben Holden or someone else.  
  • Options
    should have stayed at Swindon
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Hal1x said:
    I struggle as well, as they all seem to meld into one.  If I remember rightly, Dean Garner started out alright but never had a Plan B. As soon as other managers had figured out what we were going to do, we never won again because we would never adapt. Though, that might have been Ben Holden or someone else.  
    Maybe we shouldn’t have sacked Jackie Johnson.
  • Options
    Following Colchester's win at Grimsby last week, they won at Accrington today.  
  • Options
    Following Colchester's win at Grimsby last week, they won at Accrington today.  
    The old manager-garn bounce!
  • Options

When you read that statement of what a job he did makes you wonder why they sacked him!