Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• Fumbluff said:
    robroy said:
    Martin Sandgaard is taking over, heard it here first. 
    He can’t .. 
    He can, whose gunna stop him with a shot like that…
    Hot-Shot Helmet. 
  • robroy said:
    Martin Sandgaard is taking over, heard it here first. 
    He can’t .. 
    whoosh …. Anyone feel that gust of wind 💨 
  • Anthony Hayes has now got his UEFA Pro Licence.
  • we we went 442 got a few results and now gone back to same shit how many times we going to try the 3 centre backs not once has it looked steady we give at least 1 goal to the opposition every game.  
    Same as the 3 forwards or as it ends up 1 forward. 
    Get the players in to play the way you want in January or just go.but stop making excuses for shit football. It’s boring playing the ball around in our own half until we make a mistake and give the opposition a goal.  
  • Time to shoot the messenger.
  • Time to shoot the messenger.
    Give him the rest of the day.
  • we we went 442 got a few results and now gone back to same shit how many times we going to try the 3 centre backs not once has it looked steady we give at least 1 goal to the opposition every game.  
    Same as the 3 forwards or as it ends up 1 forward. 
    Get the players in to play the way you want in January or just go.but stop making excuses for shit football. It’s boring playing the ball around in our own half until we make a mistake and give the opposition a goal.  
    How can we play 4-4-2 when our strikers are either injured, suspended or can't play 35 mins. Our wingers are playing as strikers which means we don't have any wingers 
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    Id like to see someone with no coaching badges take the helm - mike basset will do me - sick of listening toa ll this high block, low block, high press, transition bollox  
    I'm your man Doucher. 442...hard working full backs, midfielders and strikers. Get it out wide and get it in the box. No zonal marking....just beat your man to the ball and be organised. Of course, you DO need the right players (Kinsella, Jones, Newton, Robinson, Hunt etc) 
  • How can we play 433 when our strikers are injured suspended if we can’t play 2 how can we play 3 oh yes we don’t we say it’s 3 but really it’s 1
    the football is crap we just keep passing ball around until we make a mistake and lose the game.

• Oh no what a loss if tHis happens  …..
    could anyone actually do any worse than he currently is 
    3 losses and 2 draws from those set of fixtures , against currently 3rd bottom, 2nd, 2nd bottom, 9th and 16th …pathetic 

overall 5 wins 9 draws and 6 defeats in this shithouse league ..ppg extrapolated over a season 55 points 

but who cares as an average of 72%(made up) tedium possession makes us enjoy the beautiful game as the dog and duck eventually realise this crock of shit can’t defend and will struggle to score and help themselves to some points .

he may be great , he may be shit and the hand he has been dealt isn’t the greatest but it’s no good me trying to get my little shit fucktard sons u11’s trying to play like Man City when half of them can’t pass or kick a ball properly so you have to adapt to what you’ve been given …
    Garner, Jackson, Adkins, Bowyer, Robinson, Slade, Riga, Fraeye, Luzon, Peeters...none of them have managed to get the team playing other than as what they are, third division journeymen with nothing to prove and nowhere to go.  Pointless blaming the manager - 10 of them in a row have been shit, that's some coincidence.
    We either get better players or recruit an outstanding manager...
  • Oh no what a loss if tHis happens  …..
    could anyone actually do any worse than he currently is 
    3 losses and 2 draws from those set of fixtures , against currently 3rd bottom, 2nd, 2nd bottom, 9th and 16th …pathetic 

overall 5 wins 9 draws and 6 defeats in this shithouse league ..ppg extrapolated over a season 55 points 

but who cares as an average of 72%(made up) tedium possession makes us enjoy the beautiful game as the dog and duck eventually realise this crock of shit can’t defend and will struggle to score and help themselves to some points .

he may be great , he may be shit and the hand he has been dealt isn’t the greatest but it’s no good me trying to get my little shit fucktard sons u11’s trying to play like Man City when half of them can’t pass or kick a ball properly so you have to adapt to what you’ve been given …
    Garner, Jackson, Adkins, Bowyer, Robinson, Slade, Riga, Fraeye, Luzon, Peeters...none of them have managed to get the team playing other than as what they are, third division journeymen with nothing to prove and nowhere to go.  Pointless blaming the manager - 10 of them in a row have been shit, that's some coincidence.
    A minor Point of Order:

Riga, Fraeye, Luzon and Peeters had journeymen in the second division, not the third.

On the whole still shit though ...
  • Whilst I don't believe Garner is entirely without fault, the tools at his disposal to have a successful L1 team have simply not been provided. We never recruited to cover the gaps in the areas we have always ended up having injuries in at this time of the season, nor replace the players in those areas that left. Form has fallen off a cliff for a number of senior players and, quite honestly, I think a number of those players have started bottling it under the pressure and challenge that Garner has asked of them.

Our back line has been leaky all season, whilst we have struggled to have any composure consistently up front. In this regard, I can't say I blame Garner - he inherited the vast, vast majority of this squad, full of players that lack the ability, intelligence and composure to be anything much more than L1 footballers. Our best, fit 11 could be handful for the majority of L1 sides, but we never all stay fit and we have had to dip into the U23s/U18s to fill gaps that should not be filled by players of such inexperience.

For his credit, when I look at the teams that Garner picks, I regularly agree with the sides he puts out. Whether you like his approach or not, it is a modern, progressive style that could, with the right players, move us forward as a club. Right now, he simply lacks the players to play the style and probably doesn't know any other way. I want to see a commitment to this kind approach, rather than the style some of the thug sides that just hoof and play awful, dreary football. When you're winning, the style is irrelevant, I guess, but then so much of that is just linked to effort and application, something that is lacking in many of our senior players.

Garner has made a rod for his own back on multiple times, however - the consistent desire to keep making us try to play 3 at the back fills me with woe. The square peg that is Stockley just doesn't fit with his style at all and I'd rather they brought in Kanu than see Stockley toil any longer. There's been multiple mistakes at the back caused by the desire to play out. He's still going to make mistakes, but I don't tend to lie the blame at his door.

Sacking him would simply mean more dead money that could be spent on the playing squad. Do I think he could have success with a squad more in his image? Yep, and I think most of us can see that. Spinning the revolving manager door again just costs us a lot of money and restricts things further. I can't really think of another manager who would want the job that would not be in the similar ilk of Garner. Could easily just be someone else that takes the same approach as those before him.

I remain in the camp that this is more of the fault of TS than anyone else. Garner needs to be backed in January to try and rescue anything from this season, but I doubt it will happen. A close-to mathematically impossible playoff scenario in the back end of last season was depressing last season, and yet, here we are again, staring that in the face once again.
  • Cawley has just stated on Twitter that Garner's gone
  • edited December 2022
    took training then sacked - honestly that wanker sandgard 

wrong appointment from the off 2 bit league 2 manager who done okay last season 
  • Sponsored links:

• It's a goodbye from Garner after all.
  • Confirmed 
  • Who’s up next? Wonder if Bowyer would fancy it..
  • Could be very worrying to see what Sandgaards next move is , if is that he thinking of selling can’t see much a long term appointment being made , but then is that is the case why sack Garner , I don’t know it all just reeks of him just massaging his own ego and once again deflecting the blame else where