Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63864853

League One side Charlton Athletic have sacked manager Ben Garner after less than six months in charge.

The 42-year-old only joined the club from Swindon in June, signing a three-year-deal at The Valley.

However Charlton have taken only two points from their past five League One matches to slip to 17th, just seven points above the relegation zone.

Addicks owner Thomas Sandgaard said the search for Garner's successor was under way, with a caretaker to be appointed.

"In his time at Charlton, the club have achieved some standout results, including big wins against some of the better teams in this league," Sandgaard said of Garner.

"Unfortunately, we haven't been able to sustain a consistency of results and our league position and recent form have left us in a situation where we had to act to give ourselves the best opportunity to get the most from this season as well as building a positive and winning environment for future years.

More to follow. **

I bloody hope not because what's gone on before has done my noggin in.

• edited December 2022
    TS you utter twat.

We change owners as fast as other clubs change managers and we change managers like they change backup goalkeepers.

Actually faster because MacGoalkeeper has been here for around 3 times as long as Garner was.
  • Ted Lasso incoming
  • Sponsored links:

• from the BBC website .. Sandy speaks .. Addicks owner Thomas Sandgaard said the search for Garner's successor was under way, with a caretaker to be appointed.

"In his time at Charlton, the club have achieved some standout results, including big wins against some of the better teams in this league," Sandgaard said of Garner.

"Unfortunately, we haven't been able to sustain a consistency of results and our league position and recent form have left us in a situation where we had to act to give ourselves the best opportunity to get the most from this season as well as building a positive and winning environment for future years.

• It's also what I've been told 
    Announcement tomorrow 
    I posted this directly after Gribbo yesterday. 
    Come on who loled it.
    I'm gonna lol this, just for laughs!!... Its all I can do at the moment
  • Bilko said:
    Garner did make mistakes, but he didn’t get the tools for the job.
    Taking the job was probably his biggest mistake
  • Oh FFS! Someone have a word! 

• I'm usually very positive and rally behind the team etc but we have lost our identity and I'm struggling to see a bright future as it stands. I gave TS time and understood that whilst he owns the club, he can make any decision he wants.

But the arrogance and narcissism have come to the surface, he won't change and we are going to spiral due to this.

First time I can honestly really say I'm worried about the future of my team.
  • Whether Garner would have been the right manager to take us forward is debatable at least he was prepared to try different formations unlike Jacko but he wasn't backed by the owner and he went public with that and hurt our childish owner's ego so its no surprise he's gone.

I really fear for how low we will go before this out of depth clueless ego maniac f's off out of our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• What a basket case our club has become

• I hope that the compensation that he will have to pay will leave a big hole in Tommy's drive towards break-even.
  • edited December 2022
    The emperors new clothes get sacked ....