Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Garner Gawn? (Ed. CORRECT - GARNER SACKED p6, and again by Colchester p32)

Comments

• First post on this thread was an hour ago. I’d think we’d have a little more by now if this had legs. As you were.
    yeah, poor show Rob. We need more unverified twitter rumours otherwise this thread will begin to sink. 

Garner buys shop in Grove Park.
  • stonemuse said:
    This is all I can find on the internet …

Charlton Athletic are understood to have begun speculative contacts with representatives of out-of-work managers as pressure grows further on Ben Garner. 

Things is with Football at our level, fans tend to fund out things before the journos do
  • edited December 2022
    who knows, but seems very unlikely to me. It’s very with social media for rumours to snowball these days. Will happily hold me hands up if true though
     Performances have sort of justified it. But the fellas been given a shit hand.As I said back in August.

If Sandgaard is looking to get out does he really need the headache of finding another Patsy to put in front of shop?
  • Have no insider info on this but Garner knows he has been sold a pup and feels sack me then as I have no chance. 
  • cabbles said:
    Will make TS look very stupid 
    Even more stupid, you mean!
  • It's also what I've been told 
    Announcement tomorrow 
    Care to share where you heard this, @blackpool72, please ? 
  • You bloody started it mate 
  • Sponsored links:

• I expect no more than two school-age children are allowed on this thread at any one time too.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Martin sandgaards red and white Army
    He was the instigator in getting Garner as manager, perhaps his dad has told him, if your so clever, you do the job. Relegation here we come 😠☹️😫
  • I hope the rumour is not true as it will probably be Martin Sandgaard next  :/
  • What’s Nobby Vinegar doing these days?
  • It’s ridiculous to say this but you can just imagine Martin Sandgaard being put in as caretaker.
  • I don't think he could, no coaching badges 
  • Everyone knows the cut of Sandgaard's jib now. 

He'll over talk his ambitions, make promises he can't keep and then fail to back it up financially - that's a given.  Sandgaard will demand Premiership style football, in league one, played by league two players. 

If I was an out of work manager I'd apply for the job and nod along to Sandgaard's spiel to get the appointment.  It should see me through Christmas and New year with maybe a small severance pay off in February.  Then will be the time to look for something a bit more permanent.
  • Pep couldn’t get much more out of this squad so madness if he’s been sacked and yet another pay off

Just bloody invest or sell Sandgard and stop looking for short cuts and doing it on the cheap 
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it true
  • edited December 2022
    I very much doubt he's been sacked. Much more likely he's had enough. More likely still that the rumour is baseless.
    Now watch me be wrong.
  • I don't think he could, no coaching badges 
    He can’t …coach or manager 
  • Maybe another club has come in for him...so he's resigned 
  • Wouldn't blame him but can't see him be in high demand.
  • I hope this isn't true,but nothing would surprise me. Initially I welcomed TS ,but clearly he didn't really understand the commitment of long term ownership.

I did feel JJ had reached the end of the road last season and clearly he wasn't TS's choice. He is doing well at AFC Wimbledon and might become a viable option for us in a post TS world in the future.

Garner was headhunted and clearly wasn't given the resources to build a viable squad. He needed at least two seasons IMHO.

This would really be an all time low for me.
  • Uber or Deliveroo have turned his head with an offer.  An can’t say I blame him…
  • Powelly available..... From Dec 19th
    Day job is at Spurs.
  • If rumours true that TS has sacked BG then that puts to bed rumours of a takeover cause why would TS bother sacking the manager if he was selling up .