Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Saturdays Match Go Ahead? - Yes (p15)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    It's going to be like transfer deadline day isn't it? It will get called off and then we will be told how they were trying really hard.

Can’t defrost a pitch with seven chips laid end to end no matter ho hard you try
  • Options
    At a guess I'd say 9am for the pitch inspection. 
    Not sure who decides if it's safe outside the ground. 

• Options
    Although I've not been to specsavers for a while looking at the pics above I reckon it will be off... Could be some nasty falls on that. 
  • Options
    At a guess I'd say 9am for the pitch inspection. 
    Not sure who decides if it's safe outside the ground. 

It's not safe outside the ground looking at how many pavements haven't been gritted or cleared. 
  • Options
    Council don’t grit pavements these days it seems beyond maybe high street shopping. 

If it’s called off for that then that is strange as that issue has existed all week. The weather forecasts have Been consistent all week. 

The ‘chance’ lies in above zero temperatures from mid morning for the first time in a week I imagine. 
  • Options
    There's no way all that ice thaws out before kick off. Have to keep in mind as well all the steep roads behind the East will still be icey as well will be very dangerous. Can't see this going ahead.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shambles
  • Options
    Why are you no longer optimistic? Is the undersoil heating working or not?

The pipes don’t appear to be working too well on the south half of the pitch!

The pitch is only clear this end as a small tractor had pushed the snow over , to in front of the AC stand 
  • Options
    There's no way all that ice thaws out before kick off. Have to keep in mind as well all the steep roads behind the East will still be icey as well will be very dangerous. Can't see this going ahead.
    Seems unlikely all the icy pavements near the ground are going to be safe - I would have thought the club and council have had a dialogue about this.

I feel for anyone who has a way to travel to the game.

• Options
    As per Airman on page three of this thread it’ll be down to the police to decide on conditions outside the ground 

“Police would call it off if it was about external safety. Referee has no effective say in that.”
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    As per Airman on page three of this thread it’ll be down to the police to decide on conditions outside the ground 

“Police would call it off if it was about external safety. Referee has no effective say in that.”
    Too cold for the police to go and check....

What exactly do they do to check pavements? 
  • Options

Plenty of pavements not gritted near the ground and car park covered in ice. 

One of the staff said an announcement due shortly....

Well you have killed the club Thomas,and now trying to break fans neck .

Really caring owner.
  • Options
    Surely if it was to be called off for external safety that decision would have already been made? If that’s why it’s called off today then that’s really poor on the Bristol rovers fans 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Interview them under caution
  • Options
    If you believe the os and it’s just a pitch inspection at 10 then you would presume outside has been declared fine 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As it's now 9.15 I think it's fair to say Bristol fans are now starting their journey. 
    I've been on trains to away games when the news comes through the match is off.
    To say it's annoying is an understatement. 
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    RedChaser said:

Interview them under caution
    They haven’t a slab of evidence.
  • Options
    It doesn't say JUST a pitch inspection at 10am. No mention of surrounding roads / walkways etc. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

No comment 😉
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Cracks in their defense?
  • Options
    To my way of thinking parts of the pitch will definitely be frozen at 10am.
    So to say the game is definitely on requires the referee to guess what it will be like at 2pm when they train/3pm.

How can he guess, when it could cause a nasty injury. 

My guess is he'll call it off or say a further inspection later on. 
  • Options
    Question - how hard is a frozen pitch compared to a rock hard pitch in the summer following a period of very hot, dry weather?
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Question - how hard is a frozen pitch compared to a rock hard pitch in the summer following a period of very hot, dry weather?
    Sprinkers?
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Sprinkers?
    Do lower league clubs have sprinklers? I highly doubt non league would.