Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Saturdays Match Go Ahead? - Yes (p15)

Comments

• Options
    Ross said:
    Ross said:
    Question - how hard is a frozen pitch compared to a rock hard pitch in the summer following a period of very hot, dry weather?
    Sprinkers?
    Do lower league clubs have sprinklers? I highly doubt non league would.
    Guess some clubs potentially have them built into the pitch, like us.

Guess the lower Non-League clubs can just hire them
  • Options
    It doesn't say JUST a pitch inspection at 10am. No mention of surrounding roads / walkways etc. 
    the way I read it is that they are just inspecting the pitch. 

You would have thought if they were making an inspection of the area surrounding the ground they would mention this. 

If the pitch is playable I think we are on. Just getting are ready to drive up there COYR 
  • Options
    It doesn't say JUST a pitch inspection at 10am. No mention of surrounding roads / walkways etc. 
    They must have checked the surrounding pavements etc otherwise they would have called the game off. 
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Ross said:
    Question - how hard is a frozen pitch compared to a rock hard pitch in the summer following a period of very hot, dry weather?
    Sprinkers?
    Do lower league clubs have sprinklers? I highly doubt non league would.
    Guess some clubs potentially have them built into the pitch, like us.

Guess the lower Non-League clubs can just hire them
    Dulwich Hamlet have got sprinklers built into the pitch similar to the ones at the Valley. Just depends on the club but I suspect most non-league clubs from Isthmian League level downwards wouldn’t have them. 
  • Options
    It’s cold, but definitely not as cold as other mornings this week
  • Options
    Valley Gold are pushing their jackpot tickets on email so guess they think it is on. We’ll see. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options

Plenty of pavements not gritted near the ground and car park covered in ice. 

One of the staff said an announcement due shortly....

• Options
    Have they lost the Login details for twitter so they can announce it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    We don’t  know what we’re doing!!
  • Options
    Air temperature is up to 1.7 here but the grass temperature is -1.1.   It is 2.1 at Blackwall Lane.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Pitch inspection 10 am..c'mon lots of peeps waiting with baited breath...how long does it take 10.15 ffs...we all know it's off so just announce it!!!
  • Options
    Smashing the F5 button…
  • Options
    Pitch inspection 10 am..c'mon lots of peeps waiting with baited breath...how long does it take 10.15 ffs
    Normally takes 30 mins, I think they might need to get their Skates on.
  • Options
    Hex said:
    Air temperature is up to 1.7 here but the grass temperature is -1.1.   It is 2.1 at Blackwall Lane.
    Is the undersoil heating not working?
  • Options
    Looking for 50p for the meter before it can be announced.
  • Options
    The roads around me are awful - they were very icy yesterday afternoon despite a day of sun and temps above freezing for almost 24 hours but yesterday evening the temp dropped below 0, got down to about -4 overnight and still not in positive territory yet. The main roads may be OK but I'd have to get to them first!

In days gone by I'd have set off earlier than usual to allow for poor road conditions in the hope that the game was going ahead; today, I'm staying put in the hope it's called off.

I accept a small part of that is because I'm getting older but a large chunk is apathy for the club.
  • Options
    Gonna miss my train from Broadstairs if they don't announce soon... Oh, wait a minute.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hex said:
    How the feck do you know all that?
  • Options
    Christ how long does it take 😑😑
  • Options
    How long does it take ffs?
  • Options
    Must be touch and go
  • Options
    Longer it takes, more likely it’s off 
  • Options
    With the form Bristol Rovers are in, I wouldnt like to be the referee having to tell Joey Barton of all people if the game is called off - Its probably why its taking so long, the officials are desperately hunting for their balls to tell him.
  • Options
    I imagine a group of people discussing endlessly and nobody taking responsibility to tell the rest of us, especially the Bristol Rovers fans.

• Options
    Make sure he's not smoking a cigar when they do.