Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Saturdays Match Go Ahead? - Yes (p15)

Freezing temperatures, could mean a frozen pitch, how much notice do the club normally give before calling a match off?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    If we do get investment in January we want the game to be postponed.
  • Options
    The day before at the earliest or more likely the morning of the game.
    Remember we're always told that the Valley pitch temperature is a couple of degrees below the general temperature in the weather forecast. 
  • Options
    Hopefully
  • Options
    Frustrating that the pipe work is in place for a heated pitch….I think all it needs is a boiler installed and hooked up…..if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    We don't have a manager, have a few injuries and we're shit. Call it off and replay when we've spent our billions in the transfer window 
  • Options
    Supposed to be milder and overcast by Friday/Saturday - so think its unlikeley...
  • Options
    Frustrating that the pipe work is in place for a heated pitch….I think all it needs is a boiler installed and hooked up…..if I remember correctly.
    Correct mate that was down to RD early doors IIRC assuming the pipework has not corroded by now. The cost to heat would be a lot more  expensive these days of course 😩.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Off_it said:
    That's a problem we all have to face eventually though.

The pipework is all there still, but getting enough steam into the boiler to do the job is something different completely!
    Speak for yourself, there might be snow on the roof but there plenty of fire in the belly 😉.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Off_it said:
    That's a problem we all have to face eventually though.

The pipework is all there still, but getting enough steam into the boiler to do the job is something different completely!
    Speak for yourself, there might be snow on the roof but there plenty of fire in the belly 😉.
    you say that now .....
    ;-)
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Supposed to be milder and overcast by Friday/Saturday - so think its unlikeley...
    Still cold on Saturday, the rise in temperatures won't be significant until Sunday
  • Options
    Hopefully
    Otherwise I’m going to participate in a 12hr drinking session and I was praying on my loyalty to Charlton buying me about 4hrs respite! 

(*see session thread for reasoning)
    Had one of those at Morecambe on Saturday, not recommended just recovering 😩. Go and play some golf😉
  • Options
    They have a week to get the heat balloon out that they used a few years ago, but I assume that cost money 😁
  • Options
    Rubbish weather, industrial action on the trains, we're a shambles on the field, 3rd place play off on TV in the afternoon, it would hardly be a hardship to call it off...
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    They have a week to get the heat balloon out that they used a few years ago, but I assume that cost money 😁
    We've not had a heat balloon for donkey's years.
    Just mats.
  • Options
    Happy for as many games as possible to be cancelled at the mo, whilst the club is in an absolute mess.

Only way we will improve is via investment / new owners in the new year.
    Just postpone the season until all the player’s contracts are up 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    We've not had a heat balloon for donkey's years.
    Just mats.
    Similar to what was being laid on the Stockport pitch straight after the game I imagine
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Correct mate that was down to RD early doors IIRC assuming the pipework has not corroded by now. The cost to heat would be a lot more  expensive these days of course 😩.
    The pipework will be fine for many years to come…..it will have had a high pressure test before being filled in…..most likely mild steel…..but not sure of that.
  • Options
    Bristol Rovers will have very probably had better training conditions this week.
  • Options
    Is there anyway the pipes can be filled with water in the next few days? Once that freezes, we're almost guaranteed to get Saturday's have called off. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Bristol Rovers will have very probably had better training conditions this week.
    Because they have better players?
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Heat lamps seem an expensive way to resolve a bit of snow...
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    seth plum said:
    Because they have better players?
    Joey Barton stubbed the snow in the eye with a cigar
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Heat laps seem an expensive way to resolve a bit of snow...
    The speed most of our players move none of them would be able to generate a heat lap.
  • Options
    Very unlikely