Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will Saturdays Match Go Ahead? - Yes (p15)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    As long as they call it off in plenty of time then I don't care. What we don't want is a pitch inspection an hour before the game.
    Police would call it off if it was about external safety. Referee has no effective say in that. They wouldn’t make that decision late as that’s nonsensical.
  • Options
    Unless we can't afford to turn it on 
    Exactly , the club probably won't turn it on 
  • Options
    If they turn it on, the game will be off with a water logged pitch with all the snow on it at the moment.
  • Options
    If it is working, it will go ahead of course. Strange we haven't been told about this.
  • Options
    No problem there, it runs on BS there’s a regular delivery from Colorado with extra deliveries in January and August 😉
  • Options
    If they turn it on, the game will be off with a water logged pitch with all the snow on it at the moment.
    Snow’s being taken off.
  • Options
    Maybe the owner can blow hot air at the problem
  • Options
    Snow’s being taken off.
    TK's doing a wonderful job ! 

Pity he only has 1 spade & 1 wheelbarrow. 

Bless ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well having undersold heating is an improvement from the esi days.
  • Options
    I think it suits the club for the match to be off
  • Options
    If it is working, it will go ahead of course. Strange we haven't been told about this.
    Well, I told you back in mid-September. P68 of the Sandgaard ownership thread.
  • Options
    Snow’s being taken off.
    TK's doing a wonderful job ! 

Pity he only has 1 spade & 1 wheelbarrow. 

Bless ! 
    You forgot,

that the OAP is pushing the wheelbarrow with a bad back.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Well having undersold heating is an improvement from the esi days.
    Everything at Charlton is undersold.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Off_it said:
    Frustrating that the pipe work is in place for a heated pitch….I think all it needs is a boiler installed and hooked up…..if I remember correctly.
    That's a problem we all have to face eventually though.

The pipework is all there still, but getting enough steam into the boiler to do the job is something different completely!
    Speak for yourself, there might be snow on the roof but there plenty of fire in the belly 😉.
    ....fire in the kitchen
  • Options
    I think it suits the club for the match to be off
    Well on that basis I'm sure they'll get it on then
  • Options
    edited December 2022

So -3C in the night, rising to 4C during the day. 
    If we have undersoil heating it should be fine, with a bit of judicious gritting around the place?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why can't the clubs agree to move the game, especially loads will not turn up due to the rail strikes. 
  • Options
    Why can't the clubs agree to move the game, especially loads will not turn up due to the rail strikes. 
    Lost count of how many games on a Saturday this season that have been affected by the train strikes. 

Not a new problem 
  • Options
    Change the date tomorrow, the day before? 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

If we have undersoil heating it should be fine, with a bit of judicious gritting around the place?
    I think we have the system but no boiler is connected...
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Get it on. Had enough of the World Cup. Need some fluid attacking football... I've heard we've got an old boiler going too to keep the grass warm
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    JamesSeed said:

It's connected and already turned on. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    JamesSeed said:

It's connected and already turned on. 
    Full steam ahead! 

HMS PissTheLeague preparing to raise anchor! All we need is a captain & crew.

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Lost count of how many games on a Saturday this season that have been affected by the train strikes. 

Not a new problem 
    Indeed why I ask they should be moved. Sensible idea seeing as they have 4 weeks notice. 4 games have been effected. 
  • Options
    I walked around the ground yesterday and whilst the pavements and roads are clear in some places, there is still plenty of snow and ice. You have to tread carefully. It may improve a little today and Saturday will be warming up to 7C but it could still be only 4 or 5C at 11am for an inspection. What might help is the prospect of a tiny pre-Christmas gate...