Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Bristol Rovers | Saturday 17th December 2022

Comments

• Options
    I hope Hayes does not tell us we were unlucky! I would rather him tell TS this is not for me, please get a replacement as the current team will be relegated if i continue! No but the inept personnel we have will keep nicking a living, god this club it is rotten right through can it get any worse! Good luck to leaburn, would be so wrong for him to stay in January. Deserves better, the rest get start collecting their JSA
  • Options
    Without a takeover and serious investment, we’ll be playing league 2 football next season without a doubt. Sick of it 
  • Options
    Was given pelters on here weeks ago, saying innis was a total donkey and a liability every game. It’s true! 

He shouldn’t be anywhere near our team, and ideally will be released come summer! 
  • Options
    Less HMS Piss The League, more USS Doomed Enterprise 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Hayes has no answers...
    "Really difficult to put into words how we feel about that"
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Innis cost us the game. Tackled for the first and a crap clearance for the second. Whole shape fell apart after they scored and going three at the back made us look very vulnerable. How Payne stayed on the whole game I just don't know. CBT looked ill to me, or not bothered? 

Wednesday will be Hayes last game in charge hopefully.
    I honestly don't think it matters who is in charge at the moment. 
    The players are simply not good enough 
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Is there anyone that still doesn't think our defence is the problem?

Sandgaard needs to get a proper manager in and he needs to do it before we play Peterborough following what will surely be an absolute humiliation against Brighton.
    Funny to think that when we drew Brighton it felt like a winnable game, especially when they were going to have a month off.

A week’s a long time in football..
    Anyone who ever thought Brighton was winnable needs their head tested 
  • Options
    cazo said:
    40/1 to go down worth a score all day long 
    I had a little accumulator win the other week, tempted to pile it all on £300....... £12k here we come  :D
  • Options
    You're right Dazzler, we're definitely missing O'Connell at the back (even if you did post on the wrong thread) - Its depressing though how our squad is suddenly so bloody thin on the ground the moment one, or two players are absent... We showed our lack of balance when Sessegnon was out between Sept / Oct, and showed our potential when everyone was back.

Its difficult because technically we're only allowed a team of 20-players, so any form of injury crisis and a team can be decimated like what we're seeing at the moment - In which case, it makes renewing the contracts of injury hit players like Inniss even more ridiculous
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022

You look at this league table and the clubs all around us and youre gut reaction is how much better we are than any of them and how we don't deserve to be down there with them.

The reality kicks in and you realise that's exactly where we deserve to be at the moment.  Thanks Thomas.
  • Options
    I am so disillusioned I can think of little to say.

Ps Don't forget to get your half year season tickets which are still on sale.
    Will do, thanks.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Where did you get that picture of Thomas and Tony?
  • Options
    Brighton could play their supporters club XI and win.

It is so depressing.  
  • Options
    Hayes thinks it will be an enjoyable night on Wednesday. 

I've got news for him.
    He's every bit as dellusional as sodding Sandgaard if he thinks it will be enjoyable. The only uncertain thing about Wednesday is if the Charlton support reaches 5000.
  • Options
    In Innis we have found another player who cannot play for more than 40mins.
    May be we should start a 40min competition we would do well.
  • Options
    O'Connell is vocal, strong, hardworking, can pass... 

Inniss is better alongside him.

Lavelle is quiet, weak, slow to react, can't pass. 

Inniss is forced to play on the wrong side and loses composure next to him.

If we're going to start winning, a spending spree is 100% required. 

We need a CB, a RB, a CM, a LM, a RM, a CF - all need to be first choice players.