Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Bristol Rovers | Saturday 17th December 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2022
    The continuing adventures of HMS Piss the League

😂😂 you Silly Billy...
  • Options
    Garner was decent I thought and will probably manage teams higher than us , but you canpolish a turd , a problem you would have thought he learnt at swindon 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Have people forgotten how bad O'Connell was as well ?. Get rid of Innis , Levell and O'Connoll . None can play with the ball at their feet and that's disgraceful for professional footballers. 
    Wrong re: EOC. He most certainly can play. And Inniss is good when he doesn't have to think, just clear, or knock it simply to EOC. He just froze today. Awful to see 
    Had to think a lot for the second goal... 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    O'Connell is vocal, strong, hardworking, can pass... 

Inniss is better alongside him.

Lavelle is quiet, weak, slow to react, can't pass. 

Inniss is forced to play on the wrong side and loses composure next to him.

If we're going to start winning, a spending spree is 100% required. 

We need a CB, a RB, a CM, a LM, a RM, a CF - all need to be first choice players.
    You've made a few comments about Inniss playing on the wrong side... Neither goal was anything to do with that, just utterly shit play. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We should have won by 4 or 5.
    Inniss gifted them 2 goals out of nowhere. 
    Speechless. 
    We can't finish and we can't defend - apart from that we look great.

Players taking it in turns with the comedy defending - a masterclass from Inniss today.

I hate watching these pathetic performances. We're not even competitive in L1.
  • Options
    Another loss and step closer to the trap door. Makes a laughing stock of that fans charter to be honest, TS needs it stuck on him big time and be told what’s what. No more pussy footing around. 
  • Options
    Attendance given as 12 ,340

I imagine that there were never 9,000 bums on seats.
    I think they counted legs, not bums
    We had around 6k then?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Another loss and step closer to the trap door. Makes a laughing stock of that fans charter to be honest, TS needs it stuck on him big time and be told what’s what. No more pussy footing around. 
    I think the players deserve to take some of the blame.
  • Options
    The fact that Ryan Innis still puts a shirt on for this football club after doing what he did at Wimbledon last season says it all. There is no discipline, judgement or intelligence at this football club - on the pitch, off the pitch, anywhere you look. There are no standards and there are no consequences.

We are falling fast and though we have a tendency to lurch from one crisis to the next, this is the first time I can recall where we have nothing to hold onto - no gutsy players, no sentimental manager, no redeeming ownership or senior leadership, no forgiving crowd. There is no floor.
    And no ground.
  • Options
    I keep having to say to give a very short ball when in this has it. Please Ennis never passed the ball more than 5 m away from you as it will never go to your intended target. Actually make that 2 m. It’s all about the defence and has been for at least two months, or since when O’Connell has been absent. Innis is a second choice . However, I am never disheartened for very long and the first half performance was such that I stood up to applaud them off the pitch at Half time and I don’t do that very often at all. Yes we don’t have enough strikers but our defence is the main problem right now.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Tough run of matches coming up. Could be bang in trouble after Pompey 
    Hopefully just disillusioned pessimism, but can't  see us winning more than one game between now and end of January!
  • Options
    Just a blip. Innis will eventually turn out like Xhaka
  • Options
    The fact that Ryan Innis still puts a shirt on for this football club after doing what he did at Wimbledon last season says it all. There is no discipline, judgement or intelligence at this football club - on the pitch, off the pitch, anywhere you look. There are no standards and there are no consequences.

We are falling fast and though we have a tendency to lurch from one crisis to the next, this is the first time I can recall where we have nothing to hold onto - no gutsy players, no sentimental manager, no redeeming ownership or senior leadership, no forgiving crowd. There is no floor.
    And no ground.
    Yep. Add that to the list. If we want to get deep, nothing of any value whatsoever apart from the dwindling emotion of the fanbase and raw academy kids with future potential.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    I think TS’s appearances will be very limited going forward. He knows things are only going to get more hostile towards him and his associates. Fingers crossed he f@cks off soon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    A few may go in January, if we can offload them that is 
  • Options
    Grim. Was depressing seeing the Covered End so empty around me.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Southbank said:
    So, the same 2 main problems we have had all season.
    1. We have no natural goalscorer, so we have to have 6 efforts to get one goal. Therefore we do not score consistently.
    2. We play 'Garnerball' at the back with players who cannot pass the ball or control it properly. So we give goals away.

Not scoring with our chances and giving goals away, all aboard the relegation express.

This sums it up perfectly for me.

Yes, we need to tighten up in defence, & defenders should just bloody clear it Les Berry style. BUT, Marquis scored as many goals as Stockley has this season and he did it inside 10 mins.

Get a fucking striker who knows where the goal is & we stay up. We played some decent football in the first half & you can't blame the midfield/ wide men for the others not finishing chances. 

Goals win games.

I'll say it again, goals win games.

Otherwise the best you'll ever get in 46 0-0 draws. That will get you relegated. 

• Options
    Never in nearly 40 years of support have I felt such apathy towards all of our squad (I won't include the youngsters in this). I can't think of a single senior player I'd be sad to see leave
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    So, the same 2 main problems we have had all season.
    1. We have no natural goalscorer, so we have to have 6 efforts to get one goal. Therefore we do not score consistently.
    2. We play 'Garnerball' at the back with players who cannot pass the ball or control it properly. So we give goals away.

Not scoring with our chances and giving goals away, all aboard the relegation express.

This sums it up perfectly for me.

Yes, we need to tighten up in defence, & defenders should just bloody clear it Les Berry style. BUT, Marquis scored as many goals as Stockley has this season and he did it inside 10 mins.

Get a fucking striker who knows where the goal is & we stay up. We played some decent football in the first half & you can't blame the midfield/ wide men for the others not finishing chances. 

Goals win games.

I'll say it again, goals win games.

Otherwise the best you'll ever get in 46 0-0 draws. That will get you relegated. 

46 points would've kept teams up last season. 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I think TS’s appearances will be very limited going forward. He knows things are only going to get more hostile towards him and his associates. Fingers crossed he f@cks off soon.
    Should the reports have substance I'd like to think Sandgaard was over here to sort the deal out sufficiently enough for him to be able to f*** off back to America, only returning to sign off the paperwork.
    However, we then await the next ownership and see what they can do.
    We live in hope.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    Innis cost us the game. Tackled for the first and a crap clearance for the second. Whole shape fell apart after they scored and going three at the back made us look very vulnerable. How Payne stayed on the whole game I just don't know. CBT looked ill to me, or not bothered? 

Wednesday will be Hayes last game in charge hopefully.
    I honestly don't think it matters who is in charge at the moment. 
    The players are simply not good enough 
    I disagree.

We played some good stuff 1st half & should have gone in 3-0 up. They only got back into it because we wanted to play football 20 yards from goal. League 1 footballers should be clearing the ball, not trying to pass it around like they are Bobby Moore.

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Pedro45 said:
    Innis cost us the game. Tackled for the first and a crap clearance for the second. Whole shape fell apart after they scored and going three at the back made us look very vulnerable. How Payne stayed on the whole game I just don't know. CBT looked ill to me, or not bothered? 

Wednesday will be Hayes last game in charge hopefully.
    I honestly don't think it matters who is in charge at the moment. 
    The players are simply not good enough 
    I disagree.

We played some good stuff 1st half & should have gone in 3-0 up. They only got back into it because we wanted to play football 20 yards from goal. League 1 footballers should be clearing the ball, not trying to pass it around like they are Bobby Moore.

Shit..he is right.

We should have been out of sight.