Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Bristol Rovers | Saturday 17th December 2022

Comments

• Options
    Innis 1 - Innis 2
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shirty5 said:
    8000 season ticket holders? I’m blaming streaming. Never seen the Valley so empty on a Saturday afternoon for a league game. 

Forget energy bills increases. The same people found the extra tenner to watch that. Flush individuals

That first 60 minutes was decent from us 

Head up play the ball forward use the wide players. 

When one individual is at fault for both of there goals, then that’s a manager killer.

After Stockport that was ten times better bar one individual

Not sure you can blame streaming, in fact I would question how many people paid to watch it, or even watched it for free.

We are shit, awful to watch, the opposition aren't much better.  The day out with family or friends, I get, the habit, I get outside of that I really can't see why anyone would choose to watch it.
    I watched it on stream, im a season ticket holder, I just couldn’t be bothered to get of my arse in the cold to go and watch this dross, im going Wednesday in the hope it helps for something positive, 
    I hate feeling like this. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shirty5 said:
    8000 season ticket holders? I’m blaming streaming. Never seen the Valley so empty on a Saturday afternoon for a league game. 

Forget energy bills increases. The same people found the extra tenner to watch that. Flush individuals

When one individual is at fault for both of there goals, then that’s a manager killer.

Not sure you can blame streaming, in fact I would question how many people paid to watch it, or even watched it for free.

We are shit, awful to watch, the opposition aren't much better.  The day out with family or friends, I get, the habit, I get outside of that I really can't see why anyone would choose to watch it.
    I watched it on stream, im a season ticket holder, I just couldn’t be bothered to get of my arse in the cold to go and watch this dross, im going Wednesday in the hope it helps for something positive, 
    Same.

• Options
    cazo said:
    40/1 to go down worth a score all day long 
    12-1 on Bet365 this morning.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Bob's lot offering 12/1 on relegation. With our forthcoming run of game's I am tempted. If only bet365s cash outs weren't so miserly...
    Skybet offering 14-1
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    we are doomed to league 2 football under Sandgard, the man’s a disaster. Surely it’s time to try and force a nil nil and relearn how to defend as a team and not make silly mistakes and drop Innis.
    The thought of this team ‘trying to force a nil nil’ sends shivers down my spine. Please, God, no! I’ve been around long enough to know that we can’t defend a 2-0 lead.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

You look at this league table and the clubs all around us and youre gut reaction is how much better we are than any of them and how we don't deserve to be down there with them.

The reality kicks in and you realise that's exactly where we deserve to be at the moment.  Thanks Thomas.
    This already looks like League 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    SDAddick said:
    How many times are we going to put a new man in charge and they are unaware and have to learn the hard way (hard particularly on paying Addicks fans) that:
    • STOCKLEY CANNOT PLAY AS A LONE TARGET MAN
    • OUR SQUAD OF PLAYERS IS NOT GOOD OR INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO PLAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN 4-4-2
    And, at the earliest opportunity can we please show Clare, Lavelle, Inniss, Fraser, Stockley and Kirk the exit?
    4-4-2 is no longer the default system and the only one players play growing up. Many of them will have grown up on 4-3-3. Kirk and Fraser probably need three in midfield and three up from to play their best. It's worth noting that we looked best playing 4-3-3. The problem is not having a striker who can start who suits the 4-3-3.

Stockley was very good in the very 30 minutes. Taking him off to go two up top when both Leaburn and Aneke can play up front on their own and are more mobile than Stockley is baffling. 
    Stockley won nothing and had no efforts on goal (he rolled a back-pass at their keeper from 20 yards early on) in the whole hour he was on. He didn't find any space when Payne and Rak-Sakyi were going at them in the opening half an hour. All he did was wrestle with their centre-halves and concede free-kicks.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shirty5 said:

Exactly the same here, as a club we are lost.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Whatever happens from now to the end of season, it's clear that there are players who need to be moved out of the football club. This is not because they do not have ability but more so because they simply have a negative effect on the team. I have defended Stockley over the system he is being forced to play in and his lack of a strike partner but the recent sending off and his behaviour yesterday tells me something is seriously wrong with his attitude, he needs to go. Innis, just look at his body language after conceding those goals yesterday, it was 'oh well these things happen' sort of attitude, we've seen it before with his sending's off and bookings, he has a maverick attitude and must be moved on. Chuks Aneke, imagine being a player who puts his shift in every week, in training and on the pitch, and you have have a player in the squad who almost certainly is on more money that you and has to be wrapped in cotton wool throughout the week and then can only manage twenty minutes on a matchday. We need to look at other clubs and see if one of their top earners can only manage twenty minutes with a three year contract as a reward. Whoever and whenever the takeover is finalised,it's not just about players coming in, it's about moving these players out. 
    Chuks looks finished to me. His last few cameos, come to think of it, most of his cameos this season, have been embarrassing. He isn’t winning headers, he seems to have lost a yard of pace and isn’t outmuscling defenders like he used to.

I can see a mutual agreement on terminating his contract at the end of the season. 

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Opening half hour was good but a lack of a goalscorer or 2 and wingers with end product cost us from wrapping the game up in that period. Then the mismanagement of the game began. By 55 minutes i was screaming for payne and rak saki to come off - they were no longer useful and we stopped threatening. Swop payne for Aneke and Leaburn for rak saki and we would have gone on to win that game. The changes were too late and wrong. Marquis -  a striker who i said we should have signed (more mobile and more nouse, workrate and ability than stockley) came on and they went for it because they could as we were sitting ducks at that stage regardless of innis implosion - here's hoping for a swift Ts exit and a quick turnaround in fortunes 
  • Options
    Stockley has been out of form all season and is not a good captain imo. He offers nothing anymore and struggles in every game. Inniss cannot play with his feet and is frightening to watch every time he receives a pass in front of goal. We cannot afford to carry two players every game when we are staring at relegation. Aneke is too fragile and can only give us 20 minutes. 
    Play Hammond for Inniss (until O`Connell returns) and Leburn for Stockley. Give the armband to Dobo.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    If you’re forced to play Inniss surely you give him license to play the long ball out of defence if there’s even a hint of pressure. He’s a square peg in a round hole in a ‘Garnerball’ system. 
    he tried that for their second goal 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    shirty5 said:

Streaming is part of the issue not just with us but all other clubs in League one and Two. It’s a slowly but surely part of clubs fading away.

I got taken to football in the early 80’s by my patents. Being on the Big Match or Match of the Day was a one off. You had to be there to see it. It gets in your blood. Regardless of how crap it can be. But you come back, you want more or it and one day you tags your kids and they take their kids and it rolls on from there.

You don’t get that from a sofa 
    So right we’ll said , you just have to be at. Match.
    As Shirty5 and his brother know an away day out with Charlton is a day out full stop.

Family that is football is for life no matter what.

I will always put a match live before a steam have never done the Charlton TV thing.
  • Options
    If you look at our back 4, it's missing the basics. Clare should be going out wide (like Egbo does) most times he goes inside. We can't pass out wide to a left footed full back and we have CBs who've only played RCB and are awful with the ball. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2022
    Talal said:
    SDAddick said:
    How many times are we going to put a new man in charge and they are unaware and have to learn the hard way (hard particularly on paying Addicks fans) that:
    • OUR SQUAD OF PLAYERS IS NOT GOOD OR INTELLIGENT ENOUGH TO PLAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN 4-4-2
    And, at the earliest opportunity can we please show Clare, Lavelle, Inniss, Fraser, Stockley and Kirk the exit?
    4-4-2 is no longer the default system and the only one players play growing up. Many of them will have grown up on 4-3-3. Kirk and Fraser probably need three in midfield and three up from to play their best. It's worth noting that we looked best playing 4-3-3. The problem is not having a striker who can start who suits the 4-3-3.

Stockley was very good in the very 30 minutes. Taking him off to go two up top when both Leaburn and Aneke can play up front on their own and are more mobile than Stockley is baffling. 
    Stockley won nothing and had no efforts on goal (he rolled a back-pass at their keeper from 20 yards early on) in the whole hour he was on. He didn't find any space when Payne and Rak-Sakyi were going at them in the opening half an hour. All he did was wrestle with their centre-halves and concede free-kicks.
    I don't like Stockley but in fairness this isn't true. He had the volley where the keeper clattered into the post and Inniss' header almost certainly doesn't go in without his movement putting off the defender. 

He was trying to head the ball, missed it altogether  and inadvertently put off the keeper, thats about it...be putting it down as an assist next!!..🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    HandG said:
    Bailey said:
    Whatever happens from now to the end of season, it's clear that there are players who need to be moved out of the football club. This is not because they do not have ability but more so because they simply have a negative effect on the team. I have defended Stockley over the system he is being forced to play in and his lack of a strike partner but the recent sending off and his behaviour yesterday tells me something is seriously wrong with his attitude, he needs to go. Innis, just look at his body language after conceding those goals yesterday, it was 'oh well these things happen' sort of attitude, we've seen it before with his sending's off and bookings, he has a maverick attitude and must be moved on. Chuks Aneke, imagine being a player who puts his shift in every week, in training and on the pitch, and you have have a player in the squad who almost certainly is on more money that you and has to be wrapped in cotton wool throughout the week and then can only manage twenty minutes on a matchday. We need to look at other clubs and see if one of their top earners can only manage twenty minutes with a three year contract as a reward. Whoever and whenever the takeover is finalised,it's not just about players coming in, it's about moving these players out. 
    Chuks looks finished to me. His last few cameos, come to think of it, most of his cameos this season, have been embarrassing. He isn’t winning headers, he seems to have lost a yard of pace and isn’t outmuscling defenders like he used to.

I can see a mutual agreement on terminating his contract at the end of the season. 

One thing I failed to mention, is along with Forster Caskey, they are probably the highest earners in the squad, I will happily stand corrected if that's not the case. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    SDAddick said:

I don't like Stockley but in fairness this isn't true. He had the volley where the keeper clattered into the post and Inniss' header almost certainly doesn't go in without his movement putting off the defender. 

He was trying to head the ball, missed it altogether  and inadvertently put off the keeper, thats about it...be putting it down as an assist next!!..🤷‍♂️
    I'd have to see it again to see if he missed it or couldn't reach but the point still stands, without him in that position we don't score. 
  • Options
    What's with all the brown nosing of Marquis before playing us he had P13, GS2, A3

Our problem was in defence yet again. We had good opportunities to score but their keeper made some phenomenal saves. 

• Options
    Were there any post match interviews with Anthony Hayes?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    What's with all the brown nosing of Marquis before playing us he had P13, GS2, A3

Our problem was in defence yet again. We had good opportunities to score but their keeper made some phenomenal saves. 

inability to kill off a game due to our inability to score due to playing a target man up front on his own - another genius coach repeats the same mistake 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    seth plum said:
    There was an interview on CATV, but failed to watch it in full as nothing meaningful was evident...mind you what could he say..."first half was good, second half was crap"... ;)
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    There was an interview on CATV, but failed to watch it in full as nothing meaningful was evident...mind you what could he say..."first half was good, second half was crap"... ;)
    Thank you.
    I was actually there so missed it.