Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread [+POST p.20]: Charlton Athletic vs Brighton | Weds 21 Dec 2022 (League Cup Rd of 16)

Comments

• Options
    Why did the players head straight off and not go round clapping the East and North?  

Seemed strange to go off so quickly after such a win 
    I wondered that 
  • Options
    I think you are being very harsh on Stockley, I thought he put himself about well. 
    Agreed...and with not one cross to work with. Simply throw-ons and long kicks. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Next time we get in a position to cross the ball, watch Jayden in the box. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    9 minutes of highlights on Brighton’s YouTube channel

https://youtu.be/2BuuevQl6r8
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Good morning fellow addicks. Well I'm still buzzing from last night! That's why we love the game, and our club. When we pull together, players, fans, coaching team, TS... na, kidding about him... we create quality evenings like last night.  

Now the not so good parts I observed. Whoever runs the club on match days needs to carry out a robust review, and if they're happy, they need to be reviewed. 

With ticket sales much much higher than the usual league games, surely provisions could of been planned around this, but it that didn't seem the case at all. 

I didn't get to my seat till 10mins in. The queues outside the turnstiles was substantial, and the speed of getting through them extremely poor.  A lovely lass had to come and assist people getting through, once she showed up, things happened a lot smoother. 

Closing the North East quadrant food and bar facility meant ridiculous queues at the 2 other CE upper venues. Staffing those outlets with just 3 staff, with only 2 able to serve was just dumb. I overheard so many fans say, I can't they can't be bothered waiting to get served, as they'll miss the 2nd half kick off. After missing the 1st 10 mins , I wasn't willing to miss anymore of the game, so went without. And I really wanted to try the onion bhaji burger! 

As for the players, I loved the commitment, the desire, and although we lacked finesse and skill at times, we battled like absolute warriors.

Except one. I watched him even when he wasn't on the ball, the body language, his demeanor, all of it. I did this because I've been critical of him, and so I wanted to see, in the flesh, if I'd been harsh. I haven't been harsh enough. I was, and still am feckin livid. 

I am referring to Jordan Stockley, out club captain,  and I cannot accept  that bullshit effort last night. He played for 20 + minutes, so there should of been loads of running, and hassling of their back line, but NOPE, he really couldn't be arsed. 

Poor positioning in open play, when we had the ball.   Not willing to hit the channels when we stole back possession to give us a different outlet, he sat central, nothing stuck to him all evening except thier centre halves. 

I don't give if he feels hard done by not starting, and then seeing A&E come in before him, he is meant to lead by example. His penalty miss summed up his night. Atrocious. 
    Re organisation for the match- there was absence of staff checking bags etc at East Stand, I went in about 15/20 before KO.(with a rucksack)
    At the conclusion of the game I also noticed 2 flares thrown in North Upper, one  got trapped in the super structure and burnt out there- I stood there wondering if electrical cabling maybe nearby if I was going to witness another stadium disaster. Thankfully not. Wondered if North Upper stand supporters were searched?

I wasn't and nor we the people I was with . Long queues for the North Upper too
  • Options
    Thought Stockley was poor when he came on (really fed up of his moaning to the ref/other players), but that's not important right now. Still buzzing with the win, thought Ness + all the defence were excellent. 
  • Options
    Swear people, and I have no understanding why, are looking for things in Stockley’s performance last night that just weren’t there.

He came on, he won a few headers, he occupied Brighton’s back line physically but he lacked any sort of decent movement as usual - but that’s down to ability and not mentality. 
    I watched him as well, and was surprised how he didn’t press much as he should have. However, he won more headers than usual, against robust opposition, so it was a real mixed bag. He must have been gutted to be third choice CF though. 
  • Options
    Why did the players head straight off and not go round clapping the East and North?  

Thought the same. I guess they’ve been getting a bit of stick recently, so perhaps that’s why? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Thought the same. I guess they’ve been getting a bit of stick recently, so perhaps that’s why? 
    It's understable if so.
  • Options
    I thought they stayed on the pitch for long enough after the game
  • Options
    Someone commented earlier that if we’d being using VAR Brighton would have had two penalties. Well take a look at this…

https://twitter.com/edward_w97/status/1605728992836755456?s=46&t=ZRfoc5wpdMcQ7VQDfbC8YQ
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Someone commented earlier that if we’d being using VAR Brighton would have had two penalties. Well take a look at this…

https://twitter.com/edward_w97/status/1605728992836755456?s=46&t=ZRfoc5wpdMcQ7VQDfbC8YQ
    Crazy how Stockley can get a three game ban for an off the ball incident

But a diving little c**t cannot
  • Options

Not mine but thought it was great.
    I think I'm getting that framed ! Bloke is iconic. If we sell him in january I'm done
  • Options
    Foxycafc said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSUDLtVZ78 finally hear what the Brighton fans that were singing 😂
    One eye keeping tabs on the West Upper, one eye on the pitch.
  • Options

They really don't. (Just found this on a Thaneslink).
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Missed the cut off time for player marks and was looking forward to it so thought no one would mind if I dropped them in here 

M-B: 7
    Inniss: 6
    Lavelle: 5
    Ness: 6
    Chin: 6
    Dobson: 7
    Fraser: 6.5
    Sessegnon: 7
    Payne: 6.5
    Leaburn: 6.5
    R-S: 7
    B-T: 6.5
    Stockley: 5
    F-C: 6
    Referee: 8

Basically kept their shape, and got lucky when it mattered, against wasteful opposition. One or two looked unfit early on.
     Didn't know lavelle was on the pitch until the pens. Pleasing overall.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Foxycafc said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChSUDLtVZ78 finally hear what the Brighton fans that were singing 😂
    Why has the first person in the video got a dildo tied to their head?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ozaddick said:
    Good morning fellow addicks. Well I'm still buzzing from last night! That's why we love the game, and our club. When we pull together, players, fans, coaching team, TS... na, kidding about him... we create quality evenings like last night.  

Now the not so good parts I observed. Whoever runs the club on match days needs to carry out a robust review, and if they're happy, they need to be reviewed. 

With ticket sales much much higher than the usual league games, surely provisions could of been planned around this, but it that didn't seem the case at all. 

I didn't get to my seat till 10mins in. The queues outside the turnstiles was substantial, and the speed of getting through them extremely poor.  A lovely lass had to come and assist people getting through, once she showed up, things happened a lot smoother. 

Closing the North East quadrant food and bar facility meant ridiculous queues at the 2 other CE upper venues. Staffing those outlets with just 3 staff, with only 2 able to serve was just dumb. I overheard so many fans say, I can't they can't be bothered waiting to get served, as they'll miss the 2nd half kick off. After missing the 1st 10 mins , I wasn't willing to miss anymore of the game, so went without. And I really wanted to try the onion bhaji burger! 

As for the players, I loved the commitment, the desire, and although we lacked finesse and skill at times, we battled like absolute warriors.

Except one. I watched him even when he wasn't on the ball, the body language, his demeanor, all of it. I did this because I've been critical of him, and so I wanted to see, in the flesh, if I'd been harsh. I haven't been harsh enough. I was, and still am feckin livid. 

I am referring to Jordan Stockley, out club captain,  and I cannot accept  that bullshit effort last night. He played for 20 + minutes, so there should of been loads of running, and hassling of their back line, but NOPE, he really couldn't be arsed. 

Poor positioning in open play, when we had the ball.   Not willing to hit the channels when we stole back possession to give us a different outlet, he sat central, nothing stuck to him all evening except thier centre halves. 

I don't give if he feels hard done by not starting, and then seeing A&E come in before him, he is meant to lead by example. His penalty miss summed up his night. Atrocious. 
    Stockley... totally agree with you. His endless criticism of other players not putting the ball where he sees fit, gets right up my nose, yet as you say, he hasn't got a clue himself. The only blemish on a really great team effort. And look at the players stats. Says it all. 

• Options
    OTEL said:
    ozaddick said:

Stockley... totally agree with you. His endless criticism of other players not putting the ball where he sees fit, gets right up my nose, yet as you say, he hasn't got a clue himself. The only blemish on a really great team effort. And look at the players stats. Says it all. 

Stockley is a liability - needs to go now
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Honestly I don't get you lot on here. 

2nd time I've been this season and this team has been absolute mustard both times, what are you all moaning about?!?!?!?!
    Need someone to set up a gofundme for a half season ticket?
    @Callumcafc While I appreciate the gesture I think the club is a bigger charity case (just) than me at the moment. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI68GCRbTDA

IN FULL | Charlton v Brighton & Hove Albion penalty shootout (December 2022)

Lavelle's pen all but hit the roof of the net. Unstoppable.
  • Options

Not mine but thought it was great.
    Not your 'likes' then either. Give them to me and I will make sure they get back to the right person... 
  • Options
    Good vid that one. Looks as if someone came a cropper at the end there.