Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread [+POST p.20]: Charlton Athletic vs Brighton | Weds 21 Dec 2022 (League Cup Rd of 16)

1303132333436»

Comments

• Options
    John Wainwright is someone I played cricket with for a good few years at Sidcup. On Facebook he has posted and asked to share a positive experience (in addition to the win of course) from last night's game:

I just wanted to tell everyone about the penalty shootout between Charlton Athletic and Brighton last night. 

I have a handicapped grandson I take in his wheelchair to matches and as the shootout was about to begin we couldn't see a thing where we were because of everybody milling about the dugout areas. I pushed my grandson towards the Brighton dugout/technical area in the hope of a better view. Despite the importance of the moment for the Brighton Manager Roberto de Zerbi he 
    could see that we were Charlton supporters with our red and white hats and scarves and he made sure we joined his management staff in front of the hoardings so that my grandson could see the shootout. Mr Zerbi even crouched down so that my grandson could see the players approaching from the halfway line to take their turn for each penalty.

Brighton fans you have an 'Absolute Gent' in charge of the playing side of the club! I thanked him profusely at the time for his kindness and want to post this to thank him again so THANKS from Grandad Wainwright and Albie Sargent. It is so nice to report on an event so positively when not all football stories read like this one. Please share this as much as you like and hopefully it will make it to Brighton eventually! Happy Christmas everyone

I've passed this on to a passionate BHA supporter so hopefully it will do the rounds down on the coast.
  • Options
    From the marks thread: “Referee: 7 thought he did ok but Brighton should have had a penalty for a clumsy challenge from Lavelle”.

Anyone else see this clumsy challenge?
    Yes ball got played inside from the left and lavelle and another defender sandwiched the Brighton player. Couldn’t really see at the time but watching highlights it was very clumsy.
    "Clumsy" maybe, but to say "Should have had a pen", may be a bit strong, they may have been given a pen, but judging from the shoot out, Ashley would have saved it anyway...🤷‍♂️
    Look, we won, talk of playing up Brighton's reliance on a dodgy penalty not being given is not needed, let's just relish the result and look forward to Old Trafford..👍
    Whoa, easy there tiger.  All he did was answer my question.
  • Options
    Anybody know of any organised travel from the West Country to Old Trafford?
    You can probably find a few ManUre coaches coming up from there.
  • Options
    Anybody know of any organised travel from the West Country to Old Trafford?
    You can probably find a few ManUre coaches coming up from there.
    Good point. I can't find a plane, I currently can't drive and Mrs TT has temporarily lost interest.