Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rate my Plate 2022 ?

Comments

• Options
    Some of these comments are hilarious!  I love this thread!

It actually tasted pretty good (admittedly the photo doesn't really do it justice!).  The reindeer/Santa shite is actually boiled red cabbage and dates.  Some of the potatoes are "caramelised" in brown sugar which it what gives them their shiny appearance.  Meat is Duck and Pork.  Not as dry as it looks.  My favourite part has to be the ready salted crisps (see top right).  Plate is a family heirloom apparently.

Ignore them haters.
    Plenty of potatoes on my Danish Xmas plate too. Hasselbach and caramelised. Accompanied by red cabbage, sweet onions, crisps, gravy and a scotch fillet (sorry, couldn’t be bothered with duck this year).

• Options

So Australian Mr Mehigan :smile:
  • Options
    Danepak said:

It actually tasted pretty good (admittedly the photo doesn't really do it justice!).  The reindeer/Santa shite is actually boiled red cabbage and dates.  Some of the potatoes are "caramelised" in brown sugar which it what gives them their shiny appearance.  Meat is Duck and Pork.  Not as dry as it looks.  My favourite part has to be the ready salted crisps (see top right).  Plate is a family heirloom apparently.

Ignore them haters.
    Plenty of potatoes on my Danish Xmas plate too. Hasselbach and caramelised. Accompanied by red cabbage, sweet onions, crisps, gravy and a scotch fillet (sorry, couldn’t be bothered with duck this year).

Is it a Danish thing.  the crisps on the side??? Oil slick gravy yum:)
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Danepak said:

Ignore them haters.

Is it a Danish thing.  the crisps on the side??? Oil slick gravy yum:)
    Only in parts of Denmark, not everywhere apparently (I only found out recently).

The combination of the meat, gravy, caramelised potato and red cabbage is heaven!
  • Options
    Yeah Im a fan of red cabbage, finding it another thing around here.
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Ignore them haters.

Fill up the plate 
    crisps and gravy is a red card anywhere 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Yeah Im a fan of red cabbage, finding it another thing around here.
    You’re in Oz, right? I’m sure you can find it in Woolworths.
  • Options
    Breakfast. 

Great start if I may be so bold, although my table decoration needs some attention.  Could do with a woman's touch - as could the decoration.

• Options
    Off_it said:
    My favourite anytime of year. 
    With marmite spread thickly on toast, dressed with beans and topped with Marks & Spencer’s Cornish cruncher No;7 cheddar. 
    Food of slobs. 
    Nice touch with the pube garnish on the right hand side of the plate there - really sets it off well.
    Nothing worse than a rogue pube in the middle of a plate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:
    Ambient Xmas Table: tick
    When you invite three cushions over for dinner
    It’s early days but that comment will take a bit of beating…🤣
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Ignore them haters.

Out of interest, ready salted, salt and vinegar or cheese and onion?

If your potato and meat is anything to go by,  the left hand side of your oven is much hotter than the right.
    Ready salted. Crisps can’t be too thin or thick either.

Be nice to my potatoes!!! Spent 90 mins in the oven (brushed every 30 mins with olive oil with garlic and oregano. Crispy. Gorgeous.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    My favourite anytime of year. 
    With marmite spread thickly on toast, dressed with beans and topped with Marks & Spencer’s Cornish cruncher No;7 cheddar. 
    Food of slobs. 
    Nice touch with the pube garnish on the right hand side of the plate there - really sets it off well.
    Nothing worse than a rogue pube in the middle of a plate.
    Half a rogue pube ?
  • Options
    Breakfast. 

Great start if I may be so bold, although my table decoration needs some attention.  Could do with a woman's touch - as could the decoration.

Christmas - Eden project stylee!
  • Options
    Not ours but my 19 year olds Christmas plate in Adelaide 

• Options
    Hipster plate
  • Options

I didn't realise roasted gherkin was a thing in Oz land! Also not sure why he's paired ham and dark chocolate sauce with sour cream and spring onions, but each to their own I guess
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread is GOLD. Christmas would simply not be the same without it.
  • Options

Bread roll.
    delicately sliced ham.
    Ice Magic on the Turkey.
    unidentified item(s) at the top.
    unique.
  • Options
    Danepak said:

Ignore them haters.

An extra point for the wine, but not only the abomination of crisps with a roast dinner but also the rest of the whole massive bag cluttering up the table. What sort of barbarians are you? Appalling, might as well tip the whole lot over the table.
    No vegetables apart from red cabbage and onion, which admittedly look quite good. A sea of dodgy gravy used to hide the vast expanse of emptiness on the plate. Could have been so much better with a few carrots and some green veg under the gravy. And who puts the gravy on the plate first?

3/10.

• Options
    Christ I thought the judging on the twitter comps I do was rough.  I will not my offering my plate up...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Christ I thought the judging on the twitter comps I do was rough.  I will not my offering my plate up...
    I will, and I expect a proper kicking. Fair's fair.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!