Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rate my Plate 2022 ?

Comments

• Options
    Not ours but my 19 year olds Christmas plate in Adelaide 

Just to put a bit more "meat on the bone", I have just spoken to Seb has told me that the fish like effort on the right is actually roasted pumpkin, other veg includes veg/salad mix, the meat buried under the somewhat thick gravy and next to the gammon is turkey, chicken and lamb, courgettes, carrots.

Member's of my wife's family were hosting and ordinarily they started with oysters and seafood.
  • Options
    Do your worst, it won't be hard. 
  • Options
    My eyes!!!  At least have the decency to drown it in gravy!!
  • Options
    The broccoli was still there at the end.
  • Options
    Santa sauSanta salt and pepper set to set the scene 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Turkey Crown, Venison, Pigs in Blankets, Chestnuts and Brussels, roasties, Broccoli, beans, carrots, gamon, parsnips, asparagus and gravy.

Oh and Yorkshire pudding 

In all fairness that looks pretty tasty. 
  • Options

A sweetcorn free zone!!
  • Options
    edited December 2022

A sweetcorn free zone!!
    Pigs in blankets used to be small accompaniments. When did they become the main attraction?

credit for the bread sauce, a much underrated element of Christmas.

sadly you have fallen fowl of the common trait of allowing food to overlap the edge of the plate.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Edit: photo attached as a file
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure it tastes OK....
  • Options

Carrots look good, and pigs in blankets are in proportion. The ratio of meat to veg is a little underwhelming and the gravy is a little slap dash in its application, but overall looks good...
  • Options

I'm a big fan of your pastry skills - not easy to do. The bacon on the pigs in blankets looks a little bit fake but the cauliflower cheese looks excellent...
  • Options

Let yourself down with the dirty knife and bit of foil in the Yorkshire. Top Brussel looks like it has been suitably aroused.
    Because I’d started eating before I remembered to take a photo 😋 - no foil - must be a reflection. We don’t do do turkey, so beef all the way. If anything the Brussel aroused me. Love ‘em. 
  • Options

Not bad - nice touch with the pint of Guinness - but that is one weird looking knife ??
  • Options

Probably the best effort so far G but needs more roasties 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!