Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City | 7/1/23

Comments

• Options
    It hasn't felt that way to me on CL @Dazzler21. 2 big wins on the back.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    This manager that allegedly is completely clueless isn't doing too badly so far.
    Hopefully the rumour that Andy Scott recommended him was true
  • Options
    First home league win since October... Can't believe it had been that long
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Our high press has uncorked Fraser for sure. The formation where both he and Morgan have a sort of free role (so long as they track back) is really suiting him. It's a very good formation for the players we have 
    Almost like for the most part they were recruited for 4-3-3.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    2 wins on spin and unlike Portsmouth good performance this time.100% in 2023 could be our year 😀COYR 
    Overall I thought we played a lot better against Portsmouth than we did today.
    That's because we did.
    I know however I was replying to a poster that said we didn’t, not making a stupid statement

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    2 wins on spin and unlike Portsmouth good performance this time.100% in 2023 could be our year 😀COYR 
    Overall I thought we played a lot better against Portsmouth than we did today.
    That's because we did.
    I know however I was replying to a poster that said we didn’t, not making a stupid statement
    I know I'm in agreement with you. 
  • Options
    We hear the battle cry...

• Options
    Really enjoyed the first half. And most of the second.
    Fraser, Dobson  and Leaburn are top class 
  • Options
    I wonder if this, finally, is the transfer window when a relegation threatened Championship club gambles on CBT...
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I wonder if this, finally, is the transfer window when a relegation threatened Championship club gambles on CBT...
    I don’t think they would - he is clearly someone who struggles with the mental side of the game - and that is not conducive with the pressure of coming into a team fighting against relegation. 
  • Options
    Blimey wind and torrential rain incredible last 15 mins how we defended in them conditions was brilliant … Throught first half we were excellent  and perhaps half time came at the wrong time .. two good goals Fraser and CBT . Games turn on moments Inniss block stopping Lincoln going one up was top drawer. Second half again we missed a guilt edge chance to kill the game again Raki and then Leaburn both missed a clear chance . Lucky we did not live to regret it .. in the end a win a win and important given our next two home games against teams we very rarely do well against .. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I feel strangely comfortable with mid-table ... for now.

Fraser my man of the match.
  • Options
    Holden doing his sailor impersonation on a ship in a gale  again in his interview. Its weird - he just can't stand still!
    Has he still got that look in his eyes of a man who’s just realized he’s left the TV on and tuned to Babestation and needs to get home before the wife does?
    Speaking from experience? Lol

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Gotta be pleased with the win. Relegation a lot more distant than before Christmas. Why oh why cant we just give someone a resounding 3 or 4 nil thumping?
  • Options
    Two good performances and results, making the Oxford shambles even more annoying!

As everyone said, today was the important game. Winning today means that everyone can go up to OT on Tuesday and enjoy the occasion, whereas if we had lost today, then there would have been a real edginess about our position in the league, and being sucked into a relegation fight.
  • Options
    Back to back wins is great and I was unsure how the players would approach today with the game on Tuesday. I think we played some neat stuff first half. Second half was a bit league one scrapesque, but we still defended well and created chances. Don’t think anyone played below par, with Fraser the standout. 

Roll on Tuesday baby.
  • Options
    Relieved we held on but some good clear water now from the bottom four. Free hit now on Tuesday, can’t wait!!
  • Options
    We are still very poor defensively. Neither of our full backs are great at defending and both CBs look terrified when in possession.

A game we should have won comfortably but finishing needs to improve and some of the decision making by our forward players needs to be better. We have plenty of pace and played some good stuff but continue to be fragile. 

I was convinced Lincoln would grab an equaliser.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    mendonca said:
    A vast majority mentioned he is completely clueless? 
    Yep.
    If he is not clueless he most certainly is not qualified to be our manager.