Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Lincoln City | 7/1/23

123457»

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Dazzler21 said:
    Numbers said:
    Looked like the Lincoln keeper thought CBT had fired a cricket ball at him for the second goal.  Swear he was trying to get outta the way  :)

I thought this when I see this last night, CBT does smash the ball but it don't look good on the goalie. If that was our keeper he would be getting slated, I wonder if Lincoln fans are on at him 

This from AllLincoln.

I’ll start with Carl Rushworth, what an earth is he doing. I have always spoke about how much I rate him, but why is he moving out of the way of the ball. He looked like a school child in goal, that is scared of the ball. It is completely unacceptable at any level. 

https://alllincoln.co.uk/2023/01/not-good-enough-charlton-2-1-imps/

This from The Stacey West blog.

I like Carl Rushworth, I think he’s on par with Josh Griffiths, but he turns away from the ball, as if he’s afraid of getting smashed in the mouth. He’s there to block it, Roy Keane would have kittens if he saw that. 

https://staceywest.net/2023/01/08/capital-punishment-charlton-athletic-2-1-imps/

Think they're being a bit harsh personally, just watched it back at 0.25x speed and it took one second for the ball to leave CBT's foot and cross the line. That's a quarter second. He could have set himself earlier but that gives CBT the chance to cross or shoot near post. I think he was gambling on it going near post too - not straight through him. 
    Yeah, when a ball goes hard above your shoulder from close range it's one of the hardest places to save it, by the time your arm's up it's well past. Keeper looks like he's trying to get head/shoulder on it, which is all he can do really
  • Options
     I suspect the keeper wasn't ready/expecting the shot when it came and it is hard for a keeper if they can't set themselves. They need a second reaction time.
  • Options
    It was a cracking shot from the enigma that is Corey Blackett-Taylor. The keeper probably thought like most of the Charlton fans that Row Z was the likely target ! 
  • Options
    It was a cracking shot from the enigma that is Corey Blackett-Taylor. The keeper probably thought like most of the Charlton fans that Row Z was the likely target ! 
    He must've changed boots at half-time. Couldn't hit a barn door in the 2nd half!
  • Options
    Not sure many goalkeepers or goalie coaches would be as sympathetic. 

He actually had clear sight of Corey from when he received the ball, which I've just measured at approx 40 yards.

He misread the player, his intentions and his strike. That's why he looked a fish out of water when it went in.

That's my take. Bet if you'd ask the keeper he would say he should have done better but am sure a consolation card from a few CL members might help him through it!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Not sure many goalkeepers or goalie coaches would be as sympathetic. 

He actually had clear sight of Corey from when he received the ball, which I've just measured at approx 40 yards.

He misread the player, his intentions and his strike. That's why he looked a fish out of water when it went in.

That's my take. Bet if you'd ask the keeper he would say he should have done better but am sure a consolation card from a few CL members might help him through it!
    To be fair to their goalie, he was probably expecting the ball to hit row Z like the rest of us.
  • Options
    I said it at the time, it was a fantastic goal but once it goes in you just know that CBT is going to shoot EVERY TIME he gets in the box for the remainder of the match and we all know the result of these efforts