Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Manchester United vs Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 10th January 2023 - 8pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• I don’t think we will get hammered. United will likely make lots of changes and that doesn’t always end well.

• https://www.footballdatabase.eu/en/match/overview/1087548-manchester_united-charlton#:~:text=Man United 3-1 Charlton,1994 / FA Cup 1993/1994

Looking for our lineup back in 1994, I'd completely forgotten than John Vaughan was in goal. I assume we lined up

Vaughan

Brown   Balmer   McLeary   Minto

Grant  Pitcher  Pardew   Robson

Leaburn   Nelson

Sub Walsh

So no Salmon, Chapple or Robinson. The likes of Rufus and Newton would have been around too?
    Robson was on the right, Nelson on the left, Grant up front.

Salmon got injured before the Bristol City replay in the previous round.

Rufus did not make his 1st team debut until the following season
  • https://www.footballdatabase.eu/en/match/overview/1087548-manchester_united-charlton#:~:text=Man United 3-1 Charlton,1994 / FA Cup 1993/1994

Looking for our lineup back in 1994, I'd completely forgotten than John Vaughan was in goal. I assume we lined up

Vaughan

Brown   Balmer   McLeary   Minto

Grant  Pitcher  Pardew   Robson

Leaburn   Nelson

Sub Walsh

So no Salmon, Chapple or Robinson. The likes of Rufus and Newton would have been around too?
    Was only one sub allowed in those days?
  • whatever Stevenage can do ...  B):):*
  • I've no doubt this is posted elsewhere, so apologies for that, but do we know what the total number of tickets sold is?
  • Put on the under 16s and move on.
  • I've no doubt this is posted elsewhere, so apologies for that, but do we know what the total number of tickets sold is?
    Just under 9000
  • Sponsored links:

• 5-0 to United if they put out a half decent side. We are very poor defensively and struggle against pace.

Utd can't be as wasteful as Brighton were.

Hopefully no red cards.
  • I'd rather it was 5-0, because if 1-0 there will be an interminable analysis of who didn't take what chance and therefore cost us progression to the semis.
  • My mate is driving up but doesn't do CL. I can't make the match, can anyone suggest what area he can go for a drink before the match please? I think that he wants an anesthetic to ease any potential pain.

I looked through the other threads but couldn't see any suggestions.
  • My mate is driving up but doesn't do CL. I can't make the match, can anyone suggest what area he can go for a drink before the match please? I think that he wants an anesthetic to ease any potential pain.

I looked through the other threads but couldn't see any suggestions.
    Deansgate 
  • I'd rather it was 5-0, because if 1-0 there will be an interminable analysis of who didn't take what chance and therefore cost us progression to the semis.
    I doubt we'll get many chances given how the Brighton game went. I'm assuming Utd will have 70% plus possession and we'll just be stuck in our own half.
  • edited January 2023

I don’t think we will get hammered. United will likely make lots of changes and that doesn’t always end well.

Manchester 1-0 Crawley

Wes brown to score a flukey header after the lower league side battle well to keep them out all game. 

Who was it that held them 0-0 for a replay a few years back too? 
  • Dazzler21 said:

I don’t think we will get hammered. United will likely make lots of changes and that doesn’t always end well.

Manchester 1-0 Crawley

Wes brown to score a flukey header after the lower league side battle well to keep them out all game. 

I went to that game, United were absolutely awful! The key in these games is to keep it goalless for as long as possible. The fans will turn quickly
  • Dazzler21 said:

Manchester 1-0 Crawley

Wasn't it Exeter? 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Manchester 1-0 Crawley

Wasn't it Exeter? 
    Yeah they were national league.
  • That tackle from Schmeichel is a filthy foul and a handball... 
    Disgusteng Scottish GIF - Disgusteng Scottish Disgusting

• What do we reckon tomorrow, White or Blue kit?
  • Any possible lift shares coming back from Manchester? 

2 of us needing a ride home- obviously willing to pay 

Copied from the other thread last month:

I see that some people such as @meldrew66 and @Fanny Fanackapan are asking for a car-share.

There were also posts about the lack of organisation of coaches.

I really don't understand why you don't just all log in to https://www.blablacar.co.uk/ and organise it from there. You only pay a small commission to the website but it would save all the hassle of organisation and payment. The money is paid online and goes straight to the driver.

Some people could even hire minibuses (or even a coach!) and then tell everyone on here with a link to BlaBlaCar to make the bookings. Obviously that would cost more than simple car sharing but with the cost of the hiring divided between the passengers it would still be cost effective. There would be no risk because the hirer can ensure passenger numbers on CL before putting it on BlaBlaCar.

• Ten Haag will definately shake things up but even so Utd reserves should still beat us comfortably. But should doesn’t mean they will. We have a slight chance. We have to play out of our collective skins, we need to have large slices of luck and even then we need Utd to be out of sorts. All unlikely but even so there is a chance.

I don’t think sticking in another centre half from the start is the answer. I hope we stick to 4-4-3, it’s the formation that best suits the players we have. I’m not expecting a result, but if we get one I’ll be ecstatic, I just hope the players leave everything on the pitch and make us proud.

COYA

Are we allowed the extra player as we are in Division 3?