Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread (+post match p23): Man Utd vs Charlton | Tues 10 Jan 2023 (League Cup Quarter Final)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2023
    DiscoCAFC said:
    I couldn’t be more prouder of the team yesterday. Love the fact we gave it all and even tried to go for the win and not sit back defensively. Such a shame luck wasn’t on our side on a couple of occasions.

The fact Man Utd had to put on 3 of their first team players during the game showed something. Rashford changed the game for them.

Let’s hope we can carry this forward to the rest of the season. COYR!!
    3 of their best players full stop. 

Very good performance and a flattering scoreline for them
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Looks like a poxy tiny changing room, I saw better when playing in the Woolwich and District League.
    Have we taken the referee’s one by accident? Is that why he wasn’t favourable with decisions?
  • Options
    What a fantastic night. Proud of the players and the support COYs
  • Options
    For anyone moaning about the lack of VAR, remember AMB came sliding out of the area holding the ball and we got away with that one. 
    A free kick that may well have come to nothing and a yellow card Vs a goal.

Mmmm...

(I hate VAR with a passion, so my comment was very tongue in cheek). 

• Options
    Well that was fun! 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Heaton jumping up and punching the air when the second went in was embarrassing. Congratulations, you’re 2-0 up against mid table League One opposition.

I don't understand your point ?
    It was 1-0 in a cup tie and cafc could've fluked a goal at 1-0 down and gone to pens before Rashford continued his great scoring record.
    By celebrating it showed Charlton respect that they had finally got the better of a mid table League 1 team.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    They only won because they’d had an extra day’s rest and we got tired towards the very end.
    Not sure if that's a joke but I imagine World class players have something to do with it...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Smithy said:
    Really impressed with how well we dug in. Thought out front three largely struggled against a top level back four but the defence and midfield did a great job. Dobson, Ness and Sessegnon the standout performers for me.

Ref also had a shocker but I suppose he made up for it by ignoring the blatant red card that Maynard-Brewer should have got.

Overall I really don’t think you can hope for much more out of a game like this. Hopefully everyone who was able to go had a top night and hopefully we can all remember our support tonight and the gutsy performance when things are bleak.

Free kick, certainly. Red card really would have been harsh. It was just his momentum that carried the ball out of the area. He had every right to do go for the ball in his own box.
    Are we sure that to the whole ball went over the line? In the replay it looked like he let go of it just in time.

Great performance. I feel that we should have set up more defensively though. Overall, no complaints, some notable exceptional individual performances, and got the expected result.
  • Options
    For anyone moaning about the lack of VAR, remember AMB came sliding out of the area holding the ball and we got away with that one. 
    A free kick that may well have come to nothing and a yellow card Vs a goal.

Mmmm...

(I hate VAR with a passion, so my comment was very tongue in cheek). 

Think he released the ball as he whooshed over the line. Possibly. Would like to see a replay. Is there any way of watching the match again?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Heaton jumping up and punching the air when the second went in was embarrassing. Congratulations, you’re 2-0 up against mid table League One opposition.

I don't understand your point ?
    It was 1-0 in a cup tie and cafc could've fluked a goal at 1-0 down and gone to pens before Rashford continued his great scoring record.
    By celebrating it showed Charlton respect that they had finally got the better of a mid table League 1 team.

Think it’s a bit harsh to say ‘fluked a goal’. We worked our socks off and broke away quite a few times. We got into their box a few times, particularly in the second half. Plus the free kicks we had, and a couple that we should have had. 
    But yes, the celebration showed that it wasn’t quite the routine victory they may have been expecting. 
    Sessegnon had a great game. Would love to make him permanent. Wasn’t out of his depth at all against some top players. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Looks like a poxy tiny changing room, I saw better when playing in the Woolwich and District League.
    I wonder if they gave us a changing room usually used by their youth team. No way is that the usual away dressing room. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Noisy fuckers those Cypriots.....still best English supporters at OT which is some compliment.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Me last night in Pixal Bar: 

"End of the day 3-0 flattered them, Fraser takes his chance it’s game on and you can argue we are going to pens. Proud of them though and 10,000 fans up shows we are a sleeping giant, we didn't stop signing and couldn't hear United, what a fanbase we have. Some standouts in there tonight but Ness and Fraser was something else. Dean Holden got these boys playing and now are much harder to beat.  We can look forward to Barnsley and I am confident we will get 3 points. Couple signings and who knows?.. most proud of been of this club for a little while now"

Edinburgh nightclub meme What was being said - BBC News
    It seems all that went are deaf.
  • Options
    Assume the official crowd figure is a secret, as I can't see it published anywhere....
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    I wonder if they gave us a changing room usually used by their youth team. No way is that the usual away dressing room. 
    Inside Man Utd's away dressing room after £20m revamp at Old Trafford as Glazers promise 'much more investment' | The Sun

• Options
    Minor gripe - younger fans need to learn how to slow down their Leaburn chant. 
    They're all coked up.
  • Options
    a lot of Man U fans saying Garnacho was really good for them. MOM some have got him. Thought he was poor against a player whos not even a full back. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Further to the dressing room we were given, does anyone have an explanation as to why we weren’t given the new £20,000,000 away team one?