Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Macauley Bonne - now at Southend (p29)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    Ready for the stat...

Bonne has scored 1 goal in his last 40 games. 
    This may be true

But what is also true is last time in league 1 he scored 12 league goals which lets face it is more than any if our players this season and 1 less than what Stockley got last season 

Meaning he can score 

However as with Stockley we are not playing to his strengths, well will this club and our managers(i really like Holden but he is getting this wrong) learn we need to play 2 upfront

1 upfront doesn't work, it didn't work with Stockley and its not working with Bonne.

We play best with 2 upfront, we looked slightly better when Aneke and Bonne were up top together 

Bolton
    Derby
    Plymouth
    Sheffield Wednesday 
    Barnsley 

All the best teams in this league play 2 up front, I have been saying it all season and will carry on saying it till im blue in the face

We won't get anywhere playing 1 up front
    I agree, especially when the 1 up front is pants. Bonne is actually worse now than when he was first with us. I actually thought he might have changed, seeing as he got 10 goals for Ipswich last season. But nope. He is what he has always been, a non league footballer who got lucky. 

And people ridicule me when I said we should have signed Stockton. Or better, Bishop before he joined Pompey. 

Our strikers today had 1 goal between them all season. I'll see my sesson ticket out this season (picking games when I can be arsed) but wont be getting one next season, or even going regularly, until we signed a forward WHO CAN SCORE 20 GOALS A SEASON.  
  • Maintained from day one that this guy to is at best a pub league player who has managed to get lucky. Fair play to him living the dream but wish he was doing it somewhere else.  
  • Think he will end up in League 2 next season (not with us before anyone says it) possibly back in National League. Not good enough for League 1. He has had a good journey now though for a limited player.
  • Lucky to make an average Sunday league team, he is terrible.
  • Can't run, can't pass, can't hold of a player. Just what we needed in January. 
  • Can't play up front on his own.
  • Can't run, can't pass, can't hold of a player. Just what we needed in January. 
    You missed out can't shoot and can't head.

Apart from all that, he brings a lot to the team.
  • I’ve always thought him pony , with the odd flash of non ponage but he’s still pony and possibly more ponier than before .
    I still think he tries so not all bad .
  • Bit like Stockley, playing him up top alone isn't really going to get the best out of him unless someone can create chances for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• As soon as we are safe we need to drop him completely. Thank God we can release him in the summer. Stockley was poor but Bonnie's only contribution is an uncanny knack of finding the linesman's flag on a regular basis..
  • edited February 2023
    Chunes said:
    Ready for the stat...

1 goal in his last 42 games 
  • Been worse than Stockley. There…. I said it. 
  • I don't blame Bonne, I blame our recruitment team who are supposed to be Professional's, and be be able to identify what it is that we need.
    Bonne was never that player. He can look decent as a second striker alongside a dynamic main striker like Lyle Taylor for example.
    But he's not the "off the shoulder" type, pacy forward that can play up top on his own, that we were crying out for.
  • edited February 2023
    Always said he’s dog turd AT BEST

500k from qpr would’ve been great business, £2m was criminal and whoever negotiated that should really be up in the dock alongside Southall cos they’re a shyster

he is indeed worse than stockley and having paid a tenner to stream yesterday I watched the first 45 seconds when we made an apparently lively start, a couple of good passes and bits of energy from Fraser and I think Morgan and got ourselves deep into their third before finding bonne close to the byline who turned and attempted to swipe a cross into the box but threw his right leg out with a technique similar to me hurling a golf club in anger across the golf course after just sending a ball into the water or something (I don’t play golf) , and sliced the ball into their fans about 5 yards away from him , was probably closer to the corner flag than making it into their six yard area or peno spot. Got up and walked out after that and returned just as their peno was awarded. Tenner well spent! Should’ve kept that and taken it down to Charlton Park this morning to spend on a better forward.

league two (conference?) for him again next season, thank god it was a short term contract so we will be free to find ourselves a much better unattached/unwanted striker in the summer, when does Omar Bogle’s current contract expire?
  • I can’t understand why anyone is surprised by this. We absolutely pulled QPR’s pants down when we got a hefty sum for this absolute joke of a footballer. As a point of principle, I refuse to pay for a stream if this guy is involved and if by some strange happenchance we re-employ him next season I’m out.  
  • I don't blame Bonne, I blame our recruitment team who are supposed to be Professional's, and be be able to identify what it is that we need.
    Bonne was never that player. He can look decent as a second striker alongside a dynamic main striker like Lyle Taylor for example.
    But he's not the "off the shoulder" type, pacy forward that can play up top on his own, that we were crying out for.
    Once again, a classic example of our recruitment team having to feed off scraps.
    I said on hearing his resigning that I was “not happy one little bit” and got a few LOL’s.
    That opinion remains.
  • Sponsored links:

• what a shocker of a signing this one is looking. Game by game it’s getting worse. Looks a shell of the player we had in the Championship a couple of years ago 
    What I don’t understand is how someone can be caught offside so often. Surely that’s a game awareness part of the game that can be worked on in training.

That being said, I have some sympathy for him. For the most part our striker in the 3 has looked pretty naff this year, Leaburn being the exception - though even then I thought he looked better when he was playing in a wide role or when we played a 2. 

The way we utilise our striker feels like someone like Victor Adeboyejo, who has a bit of pace, physicality and can play with his back to goal would have been a much better bet.

But then again he cost a transfer fee, and we didn’t spend anything.  

• Firstly I doubt if we got anywhere near £2m for him, as that figure probably included lots of add ons. As for him coming back, when the brief for players, is on a free or a loan, what do you expect?
  • what a shocker of a signing this one is looking. Game by game it’s getting worse. Looks a shell of the player we had in the Championship a couple of years ago 
    What I don’t understand is how someone can be caught offside so often. Surely that’s a game awareness part of the game that can be worked on in training.

That being said, I have some sympathy for him. For the most part our striker in the 3 has looked pretty naff this year, Leaburn being the exception - though even then I thought he looked better when he was playing in a wide role or when we played a 2. 

The way we utilise our striker feels like someone like Victor Adeboyejo, who has a bit of pace, physicality and can play with his back to goal would have been a much better bet.

But then again he cost a transfer fee, and we didn’t spend anything.  

Adeboyejo would have been ideal , think Bolton paid around £400k for him.  
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Ready for the stat...

Wow. That’s ridiculous. Do you know roughly how many starts in that
  • edited February 2023
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Ready for the stat...

Its been 11-games since he last scored when starting.
  • Can see him doing a Pritchard and falling back down the leagues. Still amazing QPR paid £2m for him.
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Ready for the stat...

It’s been 11-games since he last scored when starting.
    I could match that record 
  • He offered nothing yesterday. Should have been taken off at half time. His lack of movement yesterday was non existent especially in around the box. Classic example first half.CBT (the only time) puts in a low cross to the 6 yard box which is cut out by the Derby defender. Bonne is just static. Nothing. No movement to front or back post does not drop back to create an angle. 

• So. To sum up, we're not impressed?