Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Australian Open 2023

Really tough draw for the unseeded male Brits this year…

Nadal [1] vs Draper
Sinner [15] vs Edmund
Berrettini [13] vs Murray

Seeded men:
Norrie [11] vs Van Assche [WC]
Evans [25] vs Bagnis

Sinner has just defeated Edmund 6-2 6-0 6-4. Draper and Norrie will play later in the day.

Women’s draw:

Raducanu vs Korpatsch
Dart vs Teichmann [32]

Raducanu has just beaten Korpatsch 6-3 6-2 and will face Gauff [7] in the second round.

Comments

• Options
    Nadal takes the first set off Draper 7-5.
  • Options
    Draper fights back to take the second set 6-2.
  • Options
    @Callumcafc who are your tips to win the women's and men's titles this year? 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    It’s boring but Djokovic and Swiatek have to be huge favourites for me. Potentially Medvedev can cause Novak some problems if they meet in a final
  • Options
    Rafa takes set three against Draper 6-4. Both players struggling at points through that set.
  • Options
    Rafa wins the fourth set 6-1. Draper should’ve retired due to cramp about 30 minutes before the match ended.
  • Options
    Kips said:
    It’s boring but Djokovic and Swiatek have to be huge favourites for me. Potentially Medvedev can cause Novak some problems if they meet in a final
    I know what you mean especially on the men's side, albeit I understand Novax is nursing an injury.  I think Jack Sinner as an outside each way bet might have value. For the women I'm going strong on Jessica Pegula.
  • Options
    Rafa wins the fourth set 6-1. Draper should’ve retired due to cramp about 30 minutes before the match ended.
    Very unfortunate that.  Had me quite interested for a while.
  • Options
    Cameron Norrie looked good. Winning in 3 sets. French player good in first set but fell off i later sets. Anothe French player in the 2nd round. Tough draw for Jack Draper & Andy Murray. Murray & Dan Evans tomorrow. 

Raducanu looked in better shape & got a decent drop shot in her game & good forehand. Tough next game against Coco Gauff though. 
  • Options
    Oh wow... What a way to win Match Point for Andy Murray
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well played Tin Hips
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Love to see Murray do well, a really tough draw but now after a 5 setter can he recover? 

I actually thought Emma withdrew the other week, so a nice surprise she got through the first, although tough one now.

edit- Watched breaking point on netflix last week, i would recommend but feels like they have stopped half way through the first series and not releasing the next until June which is annoying. 
  • Options
    Andy still can produce these brilliant performances, the big question is whether he can recover and win the next match. He's certainly been working on his fitness and strength, so touch wood he can repeat this level in the second round.
  • Options
    What channel is this on? 
  • Options
    What channel is this on? 
    Eurosport
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Well done Andy! 

He’ll have an unseeded opponent in the next round (likely Thanasi Kokkinakis who’s outside the top 150 in singles play and more known for his doubles tennis these days) so fingers crossed he can get some rest and push through to the third round.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2023
    What channel is this on? 
    If you don ‘t have Euro sport via your tv package you can access via Discovery+. Discovery+ has an online pass for £5.99/£6.99 per month. Discovery+ is generally bit of an abominable channel - true crime, reality show’s & ‘supernatural’ content. Some random sports as well. 

you can cancel straight after the tournament. Disvovery+ is online & connect via your TV.  Layout for the tennis is straightforward & you can follow all the matches. 
  • Options
    Bilko said:
    Andy Murray = Legend. 
    Love him. My favourite sportsman who isn't/wasn't a Charlton player. Great to see he can still, occasionally, roll back the years and play like his hips never gave up on him.
  • Options
    Tough game for Radecanu upcoming.
    If she wins it will put down a real marker.
    Hopefully at the very least she will make it competitive and not get blitzed or succumb to another "injury"
  • Options
    Nadal is out, losing in straight sets in the second round.
  • Options
    Was he injured? If not that's a strange loss against a guy who's been around the tour for a while without doing anything, so it's not like he's lost to a new wonderkid.
  • Options
    Was he injured? If not that's a strange loss against a guy who's been around the tour for a while without doing anything, so it's not like he's lost to a new wonderkid.
    Had a niggle / been out of form for a few months. Rumours that this might be his last year on the tour.
  • Options
    Raducanu digs herself out of a love 30 hole in her first service game.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Raducanu digs herself out of a love 30 hole in her first service game.
    Gauff serves well to get out of a 15-40 hole in the next game. Still on serve.

Two break point chances for Emma taken away by two very good serves when the American needed them.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Had a niggle / been out of form for a few months. Rumours that this might be his last year on the tour.
    More on this - apparently a hip injury today made it near impossible for him to get around the court, incapable of hitting backhands.