Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Australian Open 2023

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    As far as the tennis goes, who is going to stop Djokovic?
    Wish I didn't have an irrational dislike of him. There is no good reason at all, but I can't warm to him.
    The problem is all mine, but it spoils my enjoyment of his tennis
    Nah , he rubs me up the wrong way too .
    the cnutness doesn’t fall too far from the tree 

Novak Djokovic's father Srdjan filmed at Australian Open posing for pictures with Vladimir Putin supporters
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/64409618
  • Options
    Rybakina beats Azarenka in straight sets to reach the final.
    And now Sabalenka goes through in straight sets too.

Decent final.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Should be a good women's final. Sabalenka's first after a long wait. She's having an unbelievable 2023, winning 10 matches without dropping a set.

In the men's tournament, world no. 1 is up for grabs for both Djokovic and Tsitsipas if either can win the title. In the live rankings, Khachanov is up to world no. 13 (could reach as high as no. 7 with a tournament win) while Tommy Paul is up to no. 19 (could reach no. 9 by winning the tournament).
  • Options
    Tsitsipas vs Djokovic it is.
  • Options
    Not the biggest fan of Tsitsipas, but I will be on Sunday.

Can't see it though.
  • Options
    Djokovic breaks serve early and leads 3-1 in the first set.
  • Options
    Djokovic breaks serve early and leads 3-1 in the first set.
    Takes the set 6-3 and looking comfortable already. Going back to sleep!
  • Options
    Tsitsipas is having to play out of his skin just to stay in this match. He lost a set point and Djokovic was looking a bit rattled but we're going to a tie break in the 2nd set.
  • Options
    I wish the stewards would do something about the gobby fans in the crowd. 
    They have got away with shouting out when a player is about to serve all tournament. 
    Just throw them out.
  • Options
    As is usually the case, Djokovic gets it done and wins the tie break 7-4. 2 sets up and a long way back for Tsitsipas now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Djokovic wins in straight sets and moves level with Nadal on 22 Grand slams.

Showing no signs of slowing down and to be honest, the way he's playing we could easily see him on at least 25 at some point in 2024.
  • Options
    Congrats Novak.. the GOAT👏
  • Options
    Webbja77 said:
    Congrats Novak.. the GOAT👏
    He certainly is👍