Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Australian Open 2023

Comments

• Options
    Ridiculous that they are playing so late...
  • Options
    Umpire currently ordering her Room Service Brekkie
  • Options
    It's on Eurosport 2.
  • Options
    It's 2am there. 
  • Options
    If any young sports person needs to find the word for digging in through adversity, be it from being behind in a match, injury or both, just google "Murray". The bloke is different class. 
  • Options
    It's 2am there. 
    Barmy isn't it?  What other sport would be playing into the small hours?
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    I dont watch tennis much these days.

Is the single Umpire now able to make every line call via. instant Hawkeye?

As Line Umpires and Appeals seem to have gone
  • Options
    I dont watch tennis much these days.

Is the single Umpire now able to make every line call via. instant Hawkeye?

As Line Umpires and Appeals seem to have gone
    It’s all done electronically. The out calls are just recordings.
  • Options
    Match clock ticks over the 4 hour mark early in the fourth set.
  • Options
    Surely they'll have to stop if this goes to a decider?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're going to a 5th set!
  • Options
    Andy Murray extremely upset with the event having him playing here until 3am, likely 4am once this next set is finished.

He is venting to the umpire and all she can do is nod in agreement.
  • Options
    Surely they'll have to stop if this goes to a decider?
    They're playing through, unbelievably.
  • Options
    The boy don't know when he's beaten, never has. Ridiculous to be playing this late but if Murray is angry about iot that might be the fuel he needs to get through another 5 seter. Come on Andy!
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Murray grimacing through points now. I'm concerned that, if he should win, he's either going to pull out before the next round, or end up getting slaughtered by Bautista Agut who is the worst kind of player to face after back-to-back grueling matches like this.
  • Options
    He looks done, surprised he has lasted 5 hours really. Even if they managed to stop overnight (not been suggested) he would struggle tomorrow to continue following this. A shame, but also great to see his character and not giving up without a fight, shame 2 5 setters early on for anyone isn't ideal but for Murray iits even worse. 

Hold your head high whatever the result here
  • Options
    Mark Petchey lets us know that at 5 hrs 8 mins, this is now the longest match of Murray's career.
  • Options
    He might need another new hip after this, but what an effort. Longest match of Murray's career.
  • Options
    Murray has three break points on the Kokkinakis serve.
  • Options
    This  is why it was always the Big Four, not the Big Three - Andy didnt win as many Grand Slams as Djokovic | Nadal | Federer, but he was probably the only one who could challenge them on a consistent basis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2023
    Can’t find this on Eurosport?
  • Options
    Murray has three break points on the Kokkinakis serve.
    All three saved - last one with an unbelievable shot. Deuce.
  • Options
    This  is why it was always the Big Four, not the Big Three - Andy didnt win as many Grand Slams as Djokovic | Nadal | Federer, but he was probably the only one who could challenge them on a consistent basis.
    Was a mile better than 5 downwards, but not as good as the other 3, frustrating but still an amazing level of tennis.
  • Options
    granted, i've only watched this set. But this other geezer comes across a bit of a bellend
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Eurosport 2, or betting sites. I've got on skygo Eurosport 2
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Was a mile better than 5 downwards, but not as good as the other 3, frustrating but still an amazing level of tennis.
    Any other era, I think he wins all four slams - definitely at least a couple of Australian titles, and a couple more Wimbledons. Roland Garros would've been tough but he had that spell at no. 1 where he made almost anything possible.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Eurosport 2.
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    granted, i've only watched this set. But this other geezer comes across a bit of a bellend
    Him and Kyrgios are best mates if that gives you any indication lol - I know Murray is good friends with them both though.
  • Options
    Feels like the game will likely decide the match.
  • Options
    Murray had four break chances there and couldn't convert. We're still on serve, 4-3 to Kokkinakis.