Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic V Fleetwood Town; Saturday 11th February 2023; KO 3.00pm

Comments

• Options
    Good thing bonne penney and a few others can get jogged on at the end of the season when hopefully we can spend some money on a few proper players

its gna be a struggle and limp to the finish but think we have just enough to be ok
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Thought Penney was ok last week, but today was a shocker. Always feel sorry for a player when they have a game like that, but there’s no way he should be starting from now on. But with Clare injured  we could be screwed. 
    At least Chuks looked ok. 
  • Options
    Awful.

What exactly makes Bonne a striker is lost on me. Has nothing. 
  • Options
    Well that was awful. No heart or urgency. Season over.

Please can we play someone instead of Bonne. He is crap.

Four times we had one on one's with their keeper - Bonne, Fraser, Blackrt-Taylor and Aneke - and only once did he have to make a save...

Ref made too many mistakes but quodos for playing 12 minutes added time.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Thought Penney was ok last week, but today was a shocker. Always feel sorry for a player when they have a game like that, but there’s no way he should be starting from now on. But with Clare injured  we could be screwed. 
    At least Chuks looked ok. 
    Injured anyway. Capping a pretty dreadful game for him
  • Options
    Bonne, worse than he was before. Just running on the pitch Chuks did more than him. Penney put in the worst performance by a player for many a moon. Kilkenny didn't impress. Overall we were woeful. Next five games are going to be painful.
    They may be as we need another 15pts to have a realistic chance of staying up.
  • Options
    Penney looked lost. Cant cross and can't win the ball and his first touch was non existent. 

Aneke showed what he can do but for how long will that last? 

Innis red was never a sending off. Ref was fucking terrible. 

Bonne had 0 support and was up against a couple of lumps and still won headers...he needs support.

End of the day, our fault they scored 2 goals..let them shoot and matey had a free header. 

Need a result against Forest Green or we could see a slump.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:
    CafcWest said:
    Anyone else see the guy throw a can at the referee at the end??
    Yep, think it was a plastic bottle. Hope they caught the twat
    Think they did.  As I left about 6 security were pinning some guy to the ground…
  • Options
    Clare is the only one who can hold his head high
    Ness recovered from a shaky start 
    Sessegnon and Campbell both improved matters but too little too late 
    The rest were slow inept or downright shameful Holden included 
  • Options
    My 1st game at The Valley in 2023. Fair to say I've seen better games. Shocking performance by Penney and Bonne looks like hes running through treacle. 
  • Options
    Good news on consecutive days is far too much to expect being a Charlton supporter. 
  • Options
    Chance of the inniss red being overturned?
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Totally self inflicted.
    First goal down to Penney’s awful headed clearance. Second goal down to Fraser losing the ball too easily in midfield leading to their corner.
    Penney then with an awful touch that led to a fifty fifty that he lost and their player was released to take Innis on. I’m not putting a huge amount of blame on Innis this time.
    Kilkenny was awful. When Morgan plays like that he gets pelters for it. Bonne anonymous but Penney looks an awful player based on today. 
    Normally I’m half full but we didn’t get going at all today for some reason.

• Options
    edited February 2023
    Two games I've seen under Holden; Barnsley and Fleetwood. Barnsley we got very lucky, and today was as poor as we've been all season. Lots of nice passing at the back, but a lack of ideas in the final third. No graft and a lack of desire.
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Would imagine we will appeal as I know it's Innis but it seemed harsh. Reputation precedes him I think. 
  • Options
    RedRyan said:
    Two hopes. Bob Hope and no hope.

4 game ban (or is it 5) coming up? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My 1st game at The Valley in 2023. Fair to say I've seen better games. Shocking performance by Penney and Bonne looks like hes running through treacle. 
    At least you got an authentic experience!
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Bonne, worse than he was before. Just running on the pitch Chuks did more than him. Penney put in the worst performance by a player for many a moon. Kilkenny didn't impress. Overall we were woeful. Next five games are going to be painful.
    Bonne scored 3 goals in 42 games for QPR. You wouldn’t even have him as a fringe player with those stats.
  • Options
    On the evidence of today it seems that Andy Scott didn't do such a great job after all.  I think we are in a mess. 
  • Options
    Penny , Bonne, ref all a disgrace, can’t say anymore absolutely livid after that shit.
  • Options
    Well, if looking at the gloomy side of life we probably need 15 more points for safety based on previous seasons which is one win every three games. The bottom four would have to go some to get to 50 plus points which would equate to one win every two games.

However, this shit show of a season and a possible takeover that was built on polystyrene just about sums us up and only one man is to blame for not investing properly, cutting corners off a budget and leaving us with simply not enough experience of a squad to get through the next 17 games.

Absolutely shambolic and probably the lowest we've succumbed in over 50 years. Like many have said before the next 5 games are going to make or break us because I'm not sure this team has the fight to beat a  relegation battle.

As for the Manager, I like him but then I liked Garner and JJ and look what happened to them! 
  • Options
    RedRyan said:

With his disciplinary record it should probably be a bloody six month jail term at this point! 
  • Options
    Penny had a bad day at the office. I’m sure he knows that. Bonne is a waste of space. I’m sure he knows it but why did we bring him back? 
    The defence was a shambles and no way did Innis deserve a red card. Only ray of sunshine was Raki’s goal (their first goal was a cracker too). 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    RedRyan said:

With his disciplinary record it should probably be a bloody six month jail term at this point! 
    Really ? 
  • Options
    We barely laid a glove on them, pathetic performance really.