Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic V Fleetwood Town; Saturday 11th February 2023; KO 3.00pm

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Awful performance. To add to other criticisms, Fleetwood going forward put the ball into our area fairly well. Charlton going forward were painful. We got in the same positions and every occasion we found a new way to be useless. 
    I think this reached it's nadir when Corey burst into the box and became so paralysed with fear he neither crossed nor shot but literally kept running until he fell over
    This sums up our strikers
  • Options
    He’s a winger more than a striker really. 
  • Options
    Just saw the first goal again. As I thought at the time - poor starting position, poor attempt at a save. Wollacott gets that one. Not saying he has to come straight back in, but if I were him I'd look at that and have questions. Wollacott possibly comes for that corner too btw
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    We can score goals, our record shows that, but I think we have trouble scoring a variety of goals. That is why we are easy to stop if a team sets out to stop us. They have less issues/threats to cover off. Ideally we would have a midfielder who can ping in a shot when there isn't time or space in the box. Or a real bully of a forward. If I was an opposition manager I would focus on JRS and CBT. Then Bonne, then Fraser and that is probably enough.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Indeed, was a wild generalisation, but the point is valid.
     I think it can be summed up as most are very league 1, not awful, not great just bang average.
    we are definitely propped up by our few shining ights.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Indeed, was a wild generalisation, but the point is valid.
     I think it can be summed up as most are very league 1, not awful, not great just bang average.
    we are definitely propped up by our few shining ights.
    Still enjoy watching him. Better than quite a few we've had over recent years, but he's flawed of course, which is why he's playing for us I guess.
  • Options
    edited February 2023
    Holden's been careful not to name names in any sort of blame game but he didn't miss who let the side down for the cod botherers' second goal.
    "...no more zonal marking, we're man to man on setpieces... Scotty's got blocked but  we've got to do better in these situations, we've got to be stronger, we have to deal with it..."

in plain English: Fraser grizzling on the floor like a spoiled toddler cos some rough boy bumped him ain't nearly good enough - sums up his attitude too much of the time - he's revealing himself to be a less talented Darren Ambrose tribute act

".. better decisions in the final 3rd..."  was masterful understatement - if any of the numpties had made decisions before dawdling into blind alleys or shooting into walls of bodies we'd have had Fleetwood packed away before halftime
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Holden's been careful not to name names in any sort of blame game but he didn't miss who let the side down for the cod botherers' second goal.
    "...no more zonal marking, we're man to man on setpieces... Scotty's got blocked but  we've got to do better in these situations, we've got to be stronger, we have to deal with it..."

in plain English: Fraser grizzling on the floor like a spoiled toddler cos some rough boy bumped him ain't nearly good enough - sums up his attitude too much of the time - he's revealing himself to be a less talented Darren Ambrose tribute act

".. better decisions in the final 3rd..."  was masterful understatement - if any of the numpties had made decisions before dawdling into blind alleys or shooting into walls of bodies we'd have had Fleetwood packed away before halftime
    That's the danger with man to man marking. The ball landed in an area where would have been at least one Charlton player under zonal marking, but they're all seemingly 'looking after their man', barring Fraser who got blocked. Refs rarely see these blocks.
  • Options
    We were supposed to hear this afternoon if Inniss red card overturned, not heard anything

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2023
    ross1 said:
    We were supposed to hear this afternoon if Inniss red card overturned, not heard anything

Imagine the club do know, they'll probably keep it quiet now until they rock up @ Forest Green tomorrow night - Was a similar plan with Penney ahead of the Peterborough game. 
  • Options
    Bonne is all over the Fleetwood player on the very right here - he can't go anywhere - but I think he (the Fleetwood player) sticks his left leg out to trip Fraser.  

• Options
    ross1 said:

Imagine the club do know, they'll probably keep it quiet now until they rock up @ Forest Green tomorrow night - Was a similar plan with Penney ahead of the Peterborough game. 
    I’m assuming we didn’t want Peterborough to get wind of the fact we didn’t have a left back after all.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

That old trick, it would give Forest Green a real boost if they see that Inniss is back in the team!
  • Options
    Red card Overturned.