Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

National 3pm alarm/test

123457»

Comments

• Options
    If the rumours are anywhere near true that Fulitsu/infosys got the contract for this then we should be outraged. No smoke etc I say. 
    yes Fujitsu did get the contract to deliver an element of this, the majority of the work was done by the team who about 10 yards from me in GDS 
  • Options
    After the huge success of track and trace, I'm shocked we outsourced this job
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Off_it said:
    It amazes me that people's natural survival instinct means they instantly think they WANT to survive a nuclear attack.

They should watch The Road. That will change their minds.

If we ever get a 10 minute warning, or whatever, then I'll be doing all I can to make sure I get as close to the expected blast as possible. Goodnight Vienna!
    Exactly this... also don't warn me that I'm about to be vaporised. 
    Me and the missus have discussed this and have decided we'll walk to the top of the road, open a bottle and watch the mushroom cloud of total death and conflagration roll in towards us over the sea.

Obviously I'll update on here as it happens. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I heard this was going to be happening a couple of months ago, so I disabled it. I can't imagine anything the Govt could warn me of that would need immediate attention.

Terrorists shooting and stabbing people half a mile from where you are walking with your kids? 
    A bomb in the venue you are in?
    And create panic on a dangerous scale ? I’m very political but don’t blame the government for either doing this or the test balls up. I’m just of the view that it’s never going to get used where it’s of any use. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    It amazes me that people's natural survival instinct means they instantly think they WANT to survive a nuclear attack.

If we ever get a 10 minute warning, or whatever, then I'll be doing all I can to make sure I get as close to the expected blast as possible. Goodnight Vienna!
    What’s this “The Road” of which you speak. Sounds right up my street.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

be careful it doesn't take you down a cul-de-sac.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

I'd read the book by Cormac McCathy.
     The film's good, the book even better.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Is this the one that the main characters are a father & son (and a dog) ?

If so, I watched that a few years ago and found it haunting.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Love a bit of Ultravox.
    It means nothing to me.
    It’s the cat out of rising damp.
  • Options
    It was a test, anyone moaning is lemon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redskin said:
    Off_it said:

I'd read the book by Cormac McCathy.
     The film's good, the book even better.
    Agreed … although Viggo Mortensen excellent in the film 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Off_it said:

Is this the one that the main characters are a father & son (and a dog) ?

If so, I watched that a few years ago and found it haunting.
    Yeah, that's the one. It had quite an effect on me when I watched it. 

My son wanted me to take him to a cup match at the time but I initially said no. Then I watched that film and thought that if the bloke did all that for his boy then the least I could do is take my son to the cup game he wanted to go to.

Colchester away. That taught me. And him.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Off_it said:

Love a bit of Ultravox.
    It means nothing to me.
    It’s the cat out of rising damp.
    I’m proper chuckling at this, I mean every time I read it it makes me laugh again.
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I was in the Tankerton Arms demolishing a rather fine ale with my sister and bestie when it seemed everyone’s phones started making a ridiculous noise, including mine.
    Considering I had no idea it was going to happen, it frightened the bejaysus out of me. Thank feck my pint wasn’t in my hand!
    So if you’re on your holibobs and you have your alert switched on, you’ll still get it. That’s reassuring 🤷‍♀️🙄🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    If the rumours are anywhere near true that Fulitsu/infosys got the contract for this then we should be outraged. No smoke etc I say. 
    yes Fujitsu did get the contract to deliver an element of this, the majority of the work was done by the team who about 10 yards from me in GDS 
    You don't need an alert - they can just come and knock on your door.