Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• SE_7EVEN said:
    How about a punt on him
    I've been mentioning all season on the "match thread" when game after game he was banging them in.

Now that Notts County didnt get promoted then I think he would be worth a shout.

But, as I said earlier, I will be met with the following....

One season wonder 
    Can't step up to League 1
    Not the right sort of striker
    Defence needs sorting out first
    too expensive 

Ad infinitum....

I’m sure most would have been happy to see us pay a fee for Langstaff or one of the strikers on the list you posted, but last summer we didn’t have the budget to do so. You’ve even said yourself we won’t have the budget this summer. It wasn’t a few fans on a forum who stopped us signing a good striker.
  • Another both us and Gillingham have been linked with Ayr Utd striker Dipo Akinyemi big and powerful forward scored 20 goals this season .

If you seen this name before maybe because Ayr brought him from Welling Utd .

• I think we’re going to have to put a handbrake on our dreams and emotions unless a takeover happens..
    But we've been told that it doesn't matter who is in charge as there is an increased budget that has been agreed by everyone involved. 
    Do you really believe that Golfie?

I don’t, we’ve had so many porkies told, it makes me question everything.
  • Of course he doesn’t! Golfie loves a bit of sarcasm.
  • Another both us and Gillingham have been linked with Ayr Utd striker Dipo Akinyemi big and powerful forward scored 20 goals this season .

I don’t think we should be looking at someone from ayr united to fire us to promotion. Who was in a struggling team 3 leagues below us only last season 
  • nagAddick said:
    Another both us and Gillingham have been linked with Ayr Utd striker Dipo Akinyemi big and powerful forward scored 20 goals this season .

I don’t think we should be looking at someone from ayr united to fire us to promotion.

Who was in a struggling team 3 leagues below us only last season 
    Thats one for my bingo card.
  • LTKapal said:
    iaitch said:
    What about Cauley Woodrow? Banging them in for Barnsley couple of seasons back, now at Luton, 28 been around.
    Always liked Woodrow but he's spent the past four years in the Championship, would be surprised if he was willing to drop down
    Agreed, can’t imagine he won’t get a championship gig as much as I’d love him.

On the subject of Stockton, I’m viewing it as he was demotivated at not getting a move and half assing till the final few games where he’s been playing to put himself in the shop window. Although that’s clearly taking his poor goal return early and his very good one late and applying unhealthy amounts of cope in reality I’d imagine both of those things at factored at least a little with the respective recent goals and early lack of goals, add in morecambe were clearly a better team last season and maybe you get a different picture.

Not saying I believe it either just thought Id offer an alternate viewpoint
    If he is the type of player to sulk and not bother whilst picking up a wage from a tiny club with financial difficulties then not sure I would be pushing the boat out for him.
    If he wasn't sulking but was giving his all and not scoring then not sure I would be pushing the boat out for him..
  • Gavin Whyte available on a free following Cardiff release - would show some ambition. 
  • Ferryman said:
    Gavin Whyte available on a free following Cardiff release - would show some ambition. 
    Didn't know much about him, so Googled him, interesting article:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/curious-case-star-who-barely-26358471

TLDR:

- Winger
    - Hasn't had the best time at Cardiff but did well on loan at Hull & Oxford.
    - Doesn't score many at all but gets assists.
    - Warnock rates him (and I think Warnock is usually a sound judge of a player).

Wonder if he'll go back to Oxford again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gavin Whyte would be excellent 👍
  • edited May 2023
    Omar Bogle 17 goals for Newport. Could be a good acquisition. 

Fu@#ing hope not.
    Good squad player , we need lots more of them , the more they don’t play for us  the better they get .
    Conor McGrandles has nearly one next seasons player of the year already 
  • SE_7EVEN said:
    How about a punt on him
    They will probably try to keep him if they go up. If they don't go up then there will be championship interest. Bristol City and Cardiff were linked a few months ago. Absolutely no chance we'd get him.
  • Never heard of Gavin Whyte. His record looks crap! So I fully expect to see him here next season
  • Ferryman said:
    Gavin Whyte available on a free following Cardiff release - would show some ambition. 
    Didn't know much about him, so Googled him, interesting article:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/curious-case-star-who-barely-26358471

TLDR:

- Winger
    - Hasn't had the best time at Cardiff but did well on loan at Hull & Oxford.
    - Doesn't score many at all but gets assists.
    - Warnock rates him (and I think Warnock is usually a sound judge of a player).

Wonder if he'll go back to Oxford again.
    Most of his goals, including for NI, have been as a second striker off a big man.
  • J BLOCK said:
    People throwing suggestions in this thread like we are some proper run club that would spend money. 

We aren't and we won't. 
    Seen a few comments along these lines, have we given up all hope of a takeover and a new owner paying out fees for a few players?

Even TS did that. In 21/22 we were the second highest spenders in the division in terms of transfer fees.
  • Seriously difficult getting the right quality players in if you’re not prepared to pay serious money and I don’t just mean fees. The competition even in league one is getting tougher and I don’t really see why we should be that optimistic. We won’t pay top dollar and our recent record in acquiring players has been dreadful. Every window we highlight a few players that would kick us on and every window they go elsewhere. Until our recruitment is sorted out in terms of player identification and funding we’re stuck where we are. I don’t see any cause for much of a change to either.
    My big concern is that we end up waiting until we have shifted DJ, Kirk and Lavelle before we can bring replacements in for them. In a ideal world those three will get early moves and not have to desperately try and shift them for pennies on 30th August.
  • edited May 2023
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    People throwing suggestions in this thread like we are some proper run club that would spend money. 

We aren't and we won't. 
    Seen a few comments along these lines, have we given up all hope of a takeover and a new owner paying out fees for a few players?

Even TS did that. In 21/22 we were the second highest spenders in the division in terms of transfer fees.
    Speaking personally, yes. At this point the whole debacle is so ridiculous and confusing I'm assuming that nothing will happen in practical terms soon enough to make a real difference.

If I'm wrong, great. But I'm managing my own expectations here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:

We aren't and we won't. 

But something like 4th highest net spenders, 2 of the clubs who spent more were promoted. The other one got over 100 points this season. 
  • Any actual RUMOURS rather than people identifying players that we are unlikely to ever get??
  • J BLOCK said:

We aren't and we won't. 
    Yeah, I don't know why we do it really (me included) - throw sensible names etc out there in the full knowledge we won't sign them, we'll go for Stoke's fourth choice right back, who was quite promising before his unfortunate 174 knee injuries.
  • Retained list should come soon
    Today?
  • thenewbie said:
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:

We aren't and we won't. 

Speaking personally, yes. At this point the whole debacle is so ridiculous and confusing I'm assuming that nothing will happen in practical terms soon enough to make a real difference.

If I'm wrong, great. But I'm managing my own expectations here.
    If a takeover doesn’t happen in the next month then I would agree with you.

We have a massive rebuild to do this summer and that needs to start soon. If we leave it till July or later our main targets will have gone elsewhere and next season will be another right off (probably bottom half without JRS).
  • CafcWest said:
    Any actual RUMOURS rather than people identifying players that we are unlikely to ever get??
    Surely we aren't going to get many rumours because our current owner doesn't give a shit and won't spend anything, and potential new owners are too busy threatening to sue the current owner.

In the meantime i'd imagine Gallen and Holden have no idea what they're working with. They're probably in a situation whereby it's 'with TS we can only sign player A but if XX takes over then we could sign player B'. 
  • Dylan Gavin has announced he is departing on his Twitter page.  Can't say I am surprised and his performance yesterday kind-of confirmed that to me.

Good luck to him,  I suspect he'll drop back to national league or national league south and try to kick on
  • Swisdom said:
    Dylan Gavin has announced he is departing on his Twitter page.  Can't say I am surprised and his performance yesterday kind-of confirmed that to me.

Good luck to him,  I suspect he'll drop back to national league or national league south and try to kick on
    A shame, but 4 unsuccessful loan spells in NLS this season was disappointing.
  • Retained list should come soon
    If the likes of Inniss and Morgan are on it then that don't look good going forward.