Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Don't get me wrong i like Dobson, he's one of our best players and god knows how bad we'd have been without him, but given we're an average league one side that would sell any player to a decent offer in a heartbeat there must be a reason no bigger club has made an offer for him.

I know for a fact a couple of championship clubs were looking at him, but no offer materialised.
  • I said 'a problem' not the problem, big difference in language 
  • Glad Tunnicliffe isn't being seen as a top target. He is the sort of player who might be worth giving a trial to. There wouldn't be any other clubs closer to his Bromley base. As others have said he would be an Andy Hughes / Darren Pratley type signing.
  • edited June 2023
    Anyway, getting away from Dobson, and his input...anyone got any transfer rumours/news...last I heard was Ackers was having a medical or something....🙄
  • https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/data-analysis-defensive-records-of-each-team-in-efl-league-one-data-analysis-statistics

This is really telling.  If you like that sort of thing.

I was looking to see if I could find the top 10 tackle makers list, that Dobson often tops to see if any of the teams featured finished in the top six.  Can't find it, any ideas? 
  • Ladapo is a one in three striker at our level so is exactly what we’re looking for. Probably nearing the end of his best years but would certainly give us a top six look about us. Not been at Ipswich long so hardly settled in the area. If Ipswich are open to letting him go after such a short and relatively short but successful period I wonder why ? Also think his wages might be a stumbling block here. If we were in for him before but we’re beaten to his signature by Ipswich then he’ll be on pretty decent money. I also expect they’ll be looking for a fee not loan. I rate this one at much less than 50/50
    Basically could be our Lyle Taylor replacement we've been waiting on. 
  • I definitely think Ipswich would be open to letting Ladapo go although they’ll probably have to bring one in. He’s certainly behind Chaplin and Broadhead. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Ladapo is a one in three striker at our level so is exactly what we’re looking for. Probably nearing the end of his best years but would certainly give us a top six look about us. Not been at Ipswich long so hardly settled in the area. If Ipswich are open to letting him go after such a short and relatively short but successful period I wonder why ? Also think his wages might be a stumbling block here. If we were in for him before but we’re beaten to his signature by Ipswich then he’ll be on pretty decent money. I also expect they’ll be looking for a fee not loan. I rate this one at much less than 50/50
    Basically could be our Lyle Taylor replacement we've been waiting on. 
    Is this your view or Dazsports
  • You can see why we've been "linked" to Tunnicliffe.

From Manchester area, so connection with Holden.
    House in Bromley.
    Former Luton midfielder, following Shinnie and Lee.
  • Sponsored links:

• If Tunnicliffe is a bit further down our list, it could be the news was leaked to put the heat on one of our other options...

House in Bromley.
    Ex MIllwall?

House in Bromley.
    Apart from living conveniently in Bromley, I can’t see any relevance to those at all.
  • May having his fifth medical today allegedly
    May may maybe
  • I definitely think Ipswich would be open to letting Ladapo go although they’ll probably have to bring one in. He’s certainly behind Chaplin and Broadhead. 
    Yeah i think Ladapo is one of those players who's quality in league one, but probably not really good enough for a team with hopes of competing at the top end of the championship.

You'd imagine Ipswich would be looking to offload him and bring in someone better for that level.
  • I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves in dissing Dobson. He’s exactly what every team needs in someone you can rely on to get stuck in when things are going wrong. You know what to expect and get it in spades. Now I’m not suggesting that a team that has real ambitions for top two doesn’t necessarily need that player every week but there are plenty of particularly away fixtures where he can be the difference in getting something or not. His level is probably league one but coincidentally that’s ours too. 
    I don't think anyone is dissing Dobson?
  • Sponsored links:

Chaplin and Broadhead don’t play as the striker for them. They will try and sign George Hirst who they had on loan, and then would probably need to sign another 1 or 2 out and out strikers to let Ladapo go. So probably one for later in the window if it does happen 
  • edited June 2023
    To weigh in on the Dobson debate, its not that he is a "problem" or even, not good enough for a top 6 side.  Yes he is a limited battling defensive midfielder and excellent at that when its needed. 

However for the last 2 seasons George Dobson a limited battling, defensive midfielder has been our most consistent, stand out and important payer in our side... and that just highlights how bad the recruitment has been, that we simply cant act without him in the side. 

A team aspiring for promotion shouldnt have to rely on a Dobson to get a result at home to the Morecombe's and Port vale's. 

But we do.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I think we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves in dissing Dobson. He’s exactly what every team needs in someone you can rely on to get stuck in when things are going wrong. You know what to expect and get it in spades. Now I’m not suggesting that a team that has real ambitions for top two doesn’t necessarily need that player every week but there are plenty of particularly away fixtures where he can be the difference in getting something or not. His level is probably league one but coincidentally that’s ours too. 
    I don't think anyone is dissing Dobson?
    I’m not going to track back and find examples but I’ll give you “bang average” as just one. I’d say that’s disrespectful.
  • Dobson isnt a problem. It was the dross around him and that back four for the best part, were shit.

If he went, people would change there minds about how "bang average" he is.
    People said the same about Semedo, and then Hollands and Hughes came in and were better 
  • Rothko said:
    Dobson isnt a problem. It was the dross around him and that back four for the best part, were shit.

If he went, people would change there minds about how "bang average" he is.
    People said the same about Semedo, and then Hollands and Hughes came in and were better 
    Semedo was extremely limited, barely made a forward pass.
  • Dobbo gets little opportunity to be expansive as he is doing all the actual work.
    Didn’t he set up a good goal last season with a nice rangy pass? And we will always have Paris Ipswich.