Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Friend of mine said we are interested in Paris Maghoma from Brentford, no idea if it's a loan, permanent or even true but I thought I'd share the information.
    Who he ?
    On loan to MK last season, 22 year old central midfielder.
  • Friend of mine said we are interested in Paris Maghoma from Brentford, no idea if it's a loan, permanent or even true but I thought I'd share the information.
    Who he ?
    Was a Spurs academy product, joined Brentford and was loaned out last season to AFC Wombles before joining MK Dons for the end of last season. So was progressed from a L2 to L1 loan throughout the season. 
  • Just seen he played 44 games across all competitions. 
    Fascinating move from AFC Wombles to MKD last season.
    Did really well at AFC Wimbledon but not sure how he did at this level for MK. Definitely fits the mould of what I think we need in someone who can pass from a bit deeper so pairing him next to Dobson could work 
  • edited June 2023
    got a pass in him and happy to run with the ball. Two years left on his contract Brentford may want a Championship loan.

Brother of Jaques Maghoma who was a decent player I remember, mainly for Brum and Chef Wendy.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Wouldnt complain if we signed Gavin Whyte, be surprised if he didnt end back @ Oxford or Portsmouth

Given his connections with the former, and Mousinho at the latter

Whyte would be a great addition but I think it's Oxford he'll end up back at , would fit Manning's style of play. Pompey obviously signed Scully and have Paddy Lane they signed in Jan from Fleetwood , Ronan Curtis is out of contract but coming back from an ACL tear so could see Whyte as a replacement for Curtis if he doesn't sign. 
    Cheers... Didnt realise they'd signed Paddy Lane from Fleetwood
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2023
    Thomas re-signed 
  • Pleased with that. Looked very solid at LB. 
  • Signing number TWO!!!!

Exciting ain't it?
    I can scarcely contain myself.
  • NabySarr said:
    Just seen that Exeter have released Jevani Brown, thought he had a good season last year… worth a punt?
    On trial next month after admitting to assaulting a woman. So naturally he’s signing for Joey Barton’s Bristol Rovers 
    I thought you were joking! 
  • FSLN1 said:
    The midfielder we need is a box to box player who can do a bit of the defensive midfield graft when necessary and be a number 8 when we are attacking. 

Is Ryan Tunnicliffe that kind of player?

Regarding Dobbo, he had a good season - for around three quarters of it, he definitely looked a bit knackered towards the end which coincided with his wife giving birth. 
    What back on the saddle after a few months off it you mean

• Sponsored links:

• Must have been that photo of a packed Valley that encouraged Terrell to sign.
    Holden sold the club to him.  I make that 62 owners in this takeover now!
  • Don’t know much about Ryan Tunnicliffe to be honest but it looks to me from his stats that he’s reliable at our level without being spectacular. Every team needs a water carrier and perhaps he’s being brought in to be hopefully not first choice but a very steady Eddie to have available on the bench. What’s his game about ? 
    Would be nice if we could sort out the first choice team before we start filling out the bench players and back ups. 
    Only guessing but perhaps you need to act when you can and not particularly when you’d prefer. As I said earlier I don’t know much about Tunnicliffe but it would be good to have a few players where you know exactly what you’re going to get rather than someone like Albie where its a flash of genius or sometimes nothing. Sounds to me that Tunnicliffe is the sort of player you need on a cold night in the north.
    Would RT have been at Stoke at the same time as Deano?

Also being a United fan, Deano would know all about RT.
  • LTKapal said:
    Rothko said:
    ha, the geography there is interesting, didn't realise the Cotswolds had move to the south Yorkshire dales
    Implication is probably settled there and moved family there whilst playing for Doncaster, it’s still a load of shite though.
    Even more odd that Alfie May has been known recently to play the odd game of cricket for Farningham - I always understood that was where he was from. 
  • Don’t know much about Ryan Tunnicliffe to be honest but it looks to me from his stats that he’s reliable at our level without being spectacular. Every team needs a water carrier and perhaps he’s being brought in to be hopefully not first choice but a very steady Eddie to have available on the bench. What’s his game about ? 
    Would be nice if we could sort out the first choice team before we start filling out the bench players and back ups. 
    Only guessing but perhaps you need to act when you can and not particularly when you’d prefer. As I said earlier I don’t know much about Tunnicliffe but it would be good to have a few players where you know exactly what you’re going to get rather than someone like Albie where its a flash of genius or sometimes nothing. Sounds to me that Tunnicliffe is the sort of player you need on a cold night in the north.

Don't think he ever played for Stoke did he?
  • So, Methven's toilet talks proving to be spot on. Free's & loans he said. First 2 in 👍👍.
  • edited June 2023
    CH4RLTON said:
    Don’t know much about Ryan Tunnicliffe to be honest but it looks to me from his stats that he’s reliable at our level without being spectacular. Every team needs a water carrier and perhaps he’s being brought in to be hopefully not first choice but a very steady Eddie to have available on the bench. What’s his game about ? 

Don't think he ever played for Stoke did he?
    Can’t find any connection to Stoke but Holden certainly would have known of him from supporting United and may have played against him for Chesterfield whilst RT was on loan at Peterborough in the lower leagues.
  • Arkwright said:
    LTKapal said:
    Rothko said:
    ha, the geography there is interesting, didn't realise the Cotswolds had move to the south Yorkshire dales
    Implication is probably settled there and moved family there whilst playing for Doncaster, it’s still a load of shite though.
    Even more odd that Alfie May has been known recently to play the odd game of cricket for Farningham - I always understood that was where he was from. 
    In that case maybe it'll be Surrey that outbid us.