Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Hopefully any deal to sign Alfie May is just parked until the new owners take charge, I know there can be an obsession in modern football with signings needing to be about a future resale fee but I believe we have lacked a experience & character the last couple of seasons so would be delighted if he joined us. 
    ....hope you are right but if you were May, would you be willing to sit 'parked' pending the resolution of an open-ended takeover? I wouldn't.
    Yes I would if….

- I was still getting paid by Cheltenham
    - could train with Cheltenham all summer
    - could go somewhere else on deadline day if I had to
    - Charlton were close to my family
    - Charlton were the best club ‘interested’ (with regards to potential salary / success).
    It’s possible the sale has been agreed, and it’s just a question of who pays the fee. If the takeover isn’t completed in time it’ll be Sandgaard. 
    I could be wrong. 
  • edited June 2023
    I May just say all this May May be signing, or Maybe May May not is getting rather tedious, and May or May not be just becoming very Maybe couldn't care less...Maybe...😴😴
  • Very quiet today 
  • I’ve always liked for the club to do more videos of training like other clubs do as we rarely put videos out from parts of training.
  • meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Hopefully any deal to sign Alfie May is just parked until the new owners take charge, I know there can be an obsession in modern football with signings needing to be about a future resale fee but I believe we have lacked a experience & character the last couple of seasons so would be delighted if he joined us. 
    ....hope you are right but if you were May, would you be willing to sit 'parked' pending the resolution of an open-ended takeover? I wouldn't.
    Takeover makes no diff if May was signing it will
    happen with or without a takeover ..
  • meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Takeover makes no diff if May was signing it will
    happen with or without a takeover ..
    Then why hasn’t he signed ?
  • Sponsored links:

• nagAddick said:
    I’ve always liked for the club to do more videos of training like other clubs do as we rarely put videos out from parts of training.
    Probably because the owner sacked the comms guy.
  • Wow just went down to the Valley to pay for my season ticket. Who do i see pulling up in his motor ?

............ its lyle taylor.
    did you ask for a refund.
  • Wow just went down to the Valley to pay for my season ticket. Who do i see pulling up in his motor ?

Blatant lie.....you haven't got a season ticket 😂
  • MarcusH26 said:

Vigouroux to Burnley confirmed as people were posting last week. 

Very similar to Ben Hamer to Leicester.
    You go from playing every week to being a bench warmer and helping Kasper Schmeichel in Ben's case. Plus at least a 100% pay rise back in day. 

Vigouroux can be the bench warmer for Burnley, work with the 1st team keeper Muric and play some league cup games.
    Plus at least 400% pay rise in the money rich Premier league of 2023.
    Slip or not Pope himself when signed fromus to Burnley was a 3rd choice option with seemingly little chance of breaking into the first team behind the likes of Heaton and Robinson but we know how that worked out 

Blatant lie.....you haven't got a season ticket 😂
    Don't think anyone has got a season ticket yet, a few have paid for one though.
  • edited June 2023
    JamesSeed said:
    meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Yes I would if….

- Charlton were the best club ‘interested’ (with regards to potential salary / success).
    It’s possible the sale has been agreed, and it’s just a question of who pays the fee. If the takeover isn’t completed in time it’ll be Sandgaard. 
    I could be wrong. 
    By the time  the takeover doesn't go ahead it might be too late & May might have gone elsewhere.  Sandgaard will then be left looking like a chump, scrabbling around for another Josh Parker & our season in tatters before it begins. 

WE  NEED  A PROVEN  STRIKER. 

Doesnt matter who the owner is, we can't get by with Leaburn, Chuks &  Kanu. 

Someone has to pay. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Yes I would if….

I could be wrong. 
    By the time  the takeover doesn't go ahead it might be too late & May might have gone elsewhere.  Sandgaard will then be left looking like a chump, scrabbling around for another Josh Parker & our season in tatters before it begins. 

Someone has to pay. 

Relax Golfie,... Ronnie say's all will be fine...🙄
  • JamesSeed said:
    meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Yes I would if….

I could be wrong. 

Someone has to pay. 
    The Godfather GIFs  Tenor

Was he also buying a season ticket?
  • JamesSeed said:
    meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Yes I would if….

I could be wrong. 

Someone has to pay. 
    But Thomas also runs the risk of the takeover not happening and having a massively insufficient squad and being involved in a relegation scrap from day one that will make it almost impossible for him to sell it for anything like what he wants.

I suspect we will sign players, including for small(ish) fees before the take over happens.  Worse case scenario Thomas can flog Miles on the last day to pay for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Swisdom said:
    Is Alfie May the new Andy Delort?
    Has anyone messaged Alfie May’s dad to find out the latest?
    Yeah he's too busy teaching Sandgaard guitar solos from Queen songs
  • I am revealing my true identity here. It may surprise you all that my real name is not soapy_jones...  It is Dr Foster and I have been lead consult in the twenty five medicals that Alfie May has had at Sparrows Lane and the New Eltham Medical Centre in the past three weeks.

What I cannot reveal of course, due to confidentiality and my hypocratic oath, is the result of these twenty five detailed and thorough examinations to the general public but suffice to say he has passed with flying colours and once the other 25 medicals have been concluded, I fully expect Alfie May to have signed for Derby County.

If you need this information corroborated, please refer to Martin Sangaard who I recently treated for a bad case of Brownoseitis... oh fuck I shouldn't of revealed that!
  • Did I spot Kirk, in today's training ground pics?
  • Did I spot Kirk, in today's training ground pics?
    Yes, you did.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Martin Sandgaard has had no input for at least a couple of weeks so i have been told.
    Probably why his alleged target Alfie May hasn't signed.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    Martin Sandgaard has had no input for at least a couple of weeks so i have been told.
    Probably why his alleged target Alfie May hasn't signed.
    possibly, also could be that DH doesn't actually want him also
  • Still wouldn't be surprised if we made a move for Sam Smith from Cambridge.