Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Don’t know but that looks like Macauley Bonne in the background… arghhhhh! 👀 😆 
  • Valley11 said:
    Don’t know but that looks like Macauley Bonne in the background… arghhhhh! 👀 😆 
    Oh my. You are right. 
  • Valley11 said:
    Wasnt Roger Johnson allowed to train with us, even after we released him a few years ago - Something to do with clubs still having some sort of duty of care to ex-players no longer under contract?
  • Wow just went down to the Valley to pay for my season ticket. Who do i see pulling up in his motor ?

............ its lyle taylor.
    Was he also buying a season ticket?
    Nah, he doesn't even like football.
  • Valley11 said:
    Wasnt Roger Johnson allowed to train with us, even after we released him a few years ago - Something to do with clubs still having some sort of duty of care to ex-players no longer under contract?
    Get paid until the end of the month, might as well put the cones out.
  • It looks like they have a laptop so part of the technical setup probably, reviewing player performance.
  • Valley11 said:
    I would guess Bonne is under contract until the end of June and will want to keep fit just on the off chance that a club is desperate.
  • Valley11 said:
    That looks like hector. Proper beard.
    Could see him training with us to either keep fit or maybe join.
    Holden doesn’t like dick heads so I’d bet against Bonne
  • Have to say I’m very surprised at the lack of signings at this point, doesn’t bode well.
    You must be in the minority, how can you be surprised when we have an owner who wants to spend as little as possible and a possible takeover being looked at by the EFL

I am under no illusion we will have a squad capable of finishing higher than mid table come the start of the season 
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcSCP said:
    Valley11 said:

They are wearing the staff kit though so won’t be a player 
  • nagAddick said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Valley11 said:

Can we afford staff kit? 
  • Bonne has gone to another club already? A scottish club??

• My guess is CBT with a member of staff on the bench 
  • CafcSCP said:
    nagAddick said:
    CafcSCP said:
    Valley11 said:

Can we afford staff? 

Nah, its John from the pub trying to sell him a dodgy lap-top. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Hopefully any deal to sign Alfie May is just parked until the new owners take charge, I know there can be an obsession in modern football with signings needing to be about a future resale fee but I believe we have lacked a experience & character the last couple of seasons so would be delighted if he joined us. 
    ....hope you are right but if you were May, would you be willing to sit 'parked' pending the resolution of an open-ended takeover? I wouldn't.
    Yes I would if….

- I was still getting paid by Cheltenham
    - could train with Cheltenham all summer
    - could go somewhere else on deadline day if I had to
    - Charlton were close to my family
    - Charlton were the best club ‘interested’ (with regards to potential salary / success).
    It’s possible the sale has been agreed, and it’s just a question of who pays the fee. If the takeover isn’t completed in time it’ll be Sandgaard. 
    I could be wrong. 
    By the time  the takeover doesn't go ahead it might be too late & May might have gone elsewhere.  Sandgaard will then be left looking like a chump, scrabbling around for another Josh Parker & our season in tatters before it begins. 

WE  NEED  A PROVEN  STRIKER. 

Doesnt matter who the owner is, we can't get by with Leaburn, Chuks &  Kanu. 

Someone has to pay. 
    But Thomas also runs the risk of the takeover not happening and having a massively insufficient squad and being involved in a relegation scrap from day one that will make it almost impossible for him to sell it for anything like what he wants.

I suspect we will sign players, including for small(ish) fees before the take over happens.  Worse case scenario Thomas can flog Miles on the last day to pay for it.
    That's my whole point. We need players (at least one proven striker & a winger to replace JRS) whoever is in charge. If Sandgaard thinks "oh well, not my problem now" then he's got another think coming if the takeover collapses or the EFL block it. The takeover might go through but not for a few months - does Sandgaard expect to start the season with waifs & strays.

madness
    Your whole point seems to be winding people up about the disaster that is in your mind. Rinse and repeat.
    What a load of bollocks. You think you are the only one that knows what's needed? I suppose we could all do what you do and bore the crap out of each other with the repetition. Imagine how many more pages of dross we'd have. 
  • Scott Banks joining on loan ?? 
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Martin Sandgaard has had no input for at least a couple of weeks so i have been told.
    Probably why his alleged target Alfie May hasn't signed.
    possibly, also could be that DH doesn't actually want him also
    Yes as I mentioned couple weeks back. DH didn’t want him. It was Martin Sandgaard and super agent Smith branding Charltons name.
  • Sponsored links:

• On May - he is a different type of forward to what Holden wants, he like the traditional number 9 that is big and strong that can play off the shoulder.

May is very much a forward that likes to drop deep and collect the ball. He would also be expensive asset for someone that won’t be a first choice pick. If he was on a free might be a different story.
  • Swisdom said:
    Is Alfie May the new Andy Delort?

There will be tear drops if Alfie May doesn't sign for Charlton.

What does Alfie's dad think ?
  • I stand by what I said the other day, the longer the Alfie May saga continues the more chance he’s signing for us.  He will be hot property he would have signed for someone else by now if there was no discussion already had with us.  Just pure speculation no ITK.
  • Major said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    meldrew66 said:
    ValleyBen said:
    Hopefully any deal to sign Alfie May is just parked until the new owners take charge, I know there can be an obsession in modern football with signings needing to be about a future resale fee but I believe we have lacked a experience & character the last couple of seasons so would be delighted if he joined us. 
    ....hope you are right but if you were May, would you be willing to sit 'parked' pending the resolution of an open-ended takeover? I wouldn't.
    Yes I would if….

- I was still getting paid by Cheltenham
    - could train with Cheltenham all summer
    - could go somewhere else on deadline day if I had to
    - Charlton were close to my family
    - Charlton were the best club ‘interested’ (with regards to potential salary / success).
    It’s possible the sale has been agreed, and it’s just a question of who pays the fee. If the takeover isn’t completed in time it’ll be Sandgaard. 
    I could be wrong. 
    By the time  the takeover doesn't go ahead it might be too late & May might have gone elsewhere.  Sandgaard will then be left looking like a chump, scrabbling around for another Josh Parker & our season in tatters before it begins. 

WE  NEED  A PROVEN  STRIKER. 

Doesnt matter who the owner is, we can't get by with Leaburn, Chuks &  Kanu. 

Someone has to pay. 
    But Thomas also runs the risk of the takeover not happening and having a massively insufficient squad and being involved in a relegation scrap from day one that will make it almost impossible for him to sell it for anything like what he wants.

I suspect we will sign players, including for small(ish) fees before the take over happens.  Worse case scenario Thomas can flog Miles on the last day to pay for it.
    That's my whole point. We need players (at least one proven striker & a winger to replace JRS) whoever is in charge. If Sandgaard thinks "oh well, not my problem now" then he's got another think coming if the takeover collapses or the EFL block it. The takeover might go through but not for a few months - does Sandgaard expect to start the season with waifs & strays.

madness
    Your whole point seems to be winding people up about the disaster that is in your mind. Rinse and repeat.
    What a load of bollocks. You think you are the only one that knows what's needed? I suppose we could all do what you do and bore the crap out of each other with the repetition. Imagine how many more pages of dross we'd have. 
    I don’t think the disaster is in his mind. He’s said the same the last three seasons and look how they have turned out. And you do realise you have just added to the dross. Don’t like his comments? Don’t read them then.
    looks like Jason Pearce with the laptop 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    On May - he is a different type of forward to what Holden wants, he like the traditional number 9 that is big and strong that can play off the shoulder.

May is very much a forward that likes to drop deep and collect the ball. He would also be expensive asset for someone that won’t be a first choice pick. If he was on a free might be a different story.
    This doesn't surprise me at all. 
  • nagAddick said:

Anyone know who that is on the bench 
    One of the subs?
  • edited June 2023
    Facebook rumour that two signings will be announced soon.

• Surely Sessegnon will be in the door soon?