Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• No brainer signing Thomas, cheap and cheerful and does what it says on the tin.

If you want better, then you need to pay the extra.

• CAFCDAZ said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Martin Sandgaard has had no input for at least a couple of weeks so i have been told.
    Yes I believe this to be true! But only the last 10 days or so. He was big issue in players not coming in earlier, Holden is now getting the players he wants.

Heard we will have another through the door this week.
    Why was this ? His black box wasn't interested or players turned us down as we had an inexperienced idiot involved ?
    Holden gave a list, and Sandgaard kept going back with this a better option in his opinion 

bingo
    Not saying this wasnt the case 

but I would love to know how this stuff gets out as it wont be Sandgaard leaking anything as obviously it will be looked at negatively so are we saying its Holden feeding out info to people that this was happening as again im not sure he would !?

• CAFCDAZ said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Martin Sandgaard has had no input for at least a couple of weeks so i have been told.
    Yes I believe this to be true! But only the last 10 days or so. He was big issue in players not coming in earlier, Holden is now getting the players he wants.

Heard we will have another through the door this week.
    Why was this ? His black box wasn't interested or players turned us down as we had an inexperienced idiot involved ?
    Holden gave a list, and Sandgaard kept going back with this a better option in his opinion 

bingo
    Not saying this wasnt the case 

but I would love to know how this stuff gets out as it wont be Sandgaard leaking anything as obviously it will be looked at negatively so are we saying its Holden feeding out info to people that this was happening as again im not sure he would !?

If your a regular at the training ground and you ask someone, I don't know one of the coaching staff or similar, is there any truth in the rumour about x.  You will probably get the response something along the lines of either no, he is one the gaffer likes, or gaffer isn't keen but so and so is pushing for it.

I would lay money that this is how this one has got out. 
  • That's fine about Thomas but an update on Hector be more encouraging in terms of the CBs to retain. 
  • edited June 2023
  • I'm not sure about Ladapo. His highest scoring season was 18 back in 18/19. 14, 11 and 17 since then, the 17 coming in a season where he was part of a brilliant Ipswich team where Conor Chaplin got 26. He's obviously able to score at L1 level, but he's 30 and it's pretty clear that he's not able to do it at Championship level. He's a bit of a quick fix L1 striker but I'm not sure we have an established enough squad to keep getting in short term players all over the pitch. I'd rather we try and aim a bit higher, though I'd be happy enough if we got Ladapo alongside a more upwardly capable striker.
    It's like reading about Lyle Taylor all over again. 

• Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    I'd take Sam Smith over May or Ladapo.
    Good at holding it up, but not great with his feet

Do I look big in this?
  • Valley11 said:
    I'd take Sam Smith over May or Ladapo.
    Good at holding it up, but not great with his feet

Does my bum look big in this?
    Fixed it for you.
  • Still plenty of time to add more mediocre league one players to it 
  • Struggling to put out a first half/second half side for Saturday without the second half side being very U23s and castoffs 

First Half 

Isted.

Egbo Ness Thomas Roddy??

Mcgrandles Dobbo Fraser

CBT Leaburn Campbell

Second Half 

AMB

Asiimwe Mitchell Lavelle Bower

Henry Anderson Payne

DJ Aneke (if Available )Kirk 

Probably wanting 5-7 signings at least with at least 4 of them being starters. 
  • Brownie12 said:
    Be lucky to finish top half with that as it is
  • Croydon said:
    Brownie12 said:
    That squad goes down imo. The good thing is that I think we’ll have to see 8-9 players added before the window closes. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Try to work squad out for myself this afternoon,came up with same players.
    This is slowly dawning on people that at present we are up the creek without a paddle.

Still as so many people have been saying, plenty of time to correct this.
  • One flaw that I've noticed. It isn't our squad going into the season, it's our squad going into pre season, a difference of about 6 weeks!

I'm not defending the quality (or lack of) on that post but would like to add a bit of prospective
    Correct as of today but still 2 months to go so time to ship a few out and get a few in. 
  • Croydon said:
    Brownie12 said:
    Top half of the bottom 4?
  • One flaw that I've noticed. It isn't our squad going into the season, it's our squad going into pre season, a difference of about 6 weeks!

I'm not defending the quality (or lack of) on that post but would like to add a bit of prospective
    and we've been saying the same for each of the last four seasons and each time the bed wetter's are told wait and see what we've got come the end of the window and look how that's panned out each time. Why should we expect different? Until things actually change for the better I will continue to be pessimistic thank you, and rightly so.
    A takeover?

a post (yes I know the likehood) of two players signing this week

I'm 100% certain that the squad listed above will not be the squad going into the season. 
  • Dipping into under 23's, there are (just about) 2 players for each position currently

AMB/Isted
    Egbo/Asiimwe Lavelle/Elewere Ness/Mitchell Thomas/Chin
    Fraser/McGrandles Dobson/Henry
    CBT/Jayesimi Leaburn/Kanu Aneke/Payne Campbell/Kirk

Still absolutely piss poor

and we've been saying the same for each of the last four seasons and each time the bed wetter's are told wait and see what we've got come the end of the window and look how that's panned out each time. Why should we expect different? Until things actually change for the better I will continue to be pessimistic thank you, and rightly so.
    A takeover?

a post (yes I know the likehood) of two players signing this week

I'm 100% certain that the squad listed above will not be the squad going into the season. 
    takeover could collapse then we are left with TS 'funding' the squad

a rumour that two players could sign this week, was one Thomas? If so, woohoo.

I agree 100% that the above squad will not be the one going into the season, it could be worse though

As I said we've been bitten enough times to not get our hopes up so until such time as things changed I'll remain pessimistic.
  • shirty5 said:
    One flaw that I've noticed. It isn't our squad going into the season, it's our squad going into pre season, a difference of about 6 weeks!

Correct as of today but still 2 months to go so time to ship a few out and get a few in. 
    But until the takeover is completed no chance of any quality players being added to the squad that will push us on.