Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Jordan Cousins? perfect, box to box midfielder, coming to the end of his career I would imagine ( Oh just checked  only 29 !!! I'm shocked) but most important ex Charlton. That'll do for me.
    I would have Jordan Cousins back and maybe Luke Amos? QRP mate of mine speaks highly of him. 
  • Leuth said:

Jordan Cousins? perfect, box to box midfielder, coming to the end of his career I would imagine ( Oh just checked  only 29 !!! I'm shocked) but most important ex Charlton. That'll do for me.
    I joked a while ago that we were obviously going to sign him. I do however think that it'd be a Harry Arter deal, and that he was never much cop anyway. Do we forget just how poor on the ball he was? 
    Yes I was just joking. I thought he was fairly decent overall to be honest but certainly wouldn't want him now.
  • Portsmouth with signing number 7 today. 
  • Would have liked Scully and Jack Sparkes their signing today is a solid enough L1 left back option even if they do have Oglvie there already. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    Portsmouth with signing number 7 today. 
    And not one of them you would want .. !! 
    To be fair they did this last year and it meant they hit the ground running, but then got found out pretty fast.

It is ideal to get deals done early but I’m not looking at their signings and thinking they’ll be contenders for automatic promotion.
  • Kips said:
    Nearly all of them to be honest, but I'd only want one or two as none can be overly young now (?)

Henri Lansbury the exception with his injury history

Remember Daniel Johnson absolutely bossing a game against us years ago... Would be an upgrade on Albie with his passing.

----

No chance Johnson drops down to L1. PNE offered him a new deal but he wants a fresh challenge at 30. A Championship sideways move at worst for him I reckon.
    Going to Stoke I believe to link back with Alex Neal 
  • Annual reminder we can't sign has beens like Jordan Cousins, we need up and comers like Joe Piggott!!

(If your new, wiki is your friend)
  • edited June 2023
    Ok but time to ask the really hard questions.

If we do sign Idris El Mizouni, will he be referred to as IEM, Idris or El Miz?
  • Ok but time to ask the really hard questions.

Elba
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    They are not in the midst of a Takeover are they?
  • Major said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Or got anyone that makes you go “ wish we got him “
  • Major said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Or got anyone that makes you go “ wish we got him “
    Anthony Scully who we tried to sign in January perhaps? 

Luther for me.
  • edited June 2023
    Must be well out of it myself. Had to goggle who Idris El Mizouni was? Why would we want a player like that , yellow cards ,lack of goals and an Orient player last season.
    But on the books of Ipswich.

Never get him for free and would not improve are side. Just my thinking.
  • Will be interesting to see where Bonne ends up next season . Watching him last season every game I never expected him to score . He eventually broke his duck but rarely have I seen such an ineffective striker.
    Bradley Allen said 'hold my beer'
  • Will be interesting to see where Bonne ends up next season . Watching him last season every game I never expected him to score . He eventually broke his duck but rarely have I seen such an ineffective striker.
    Bradley Allen said 'hold my beer'
  • Jordan Cousins can also play CB RB versatility we could do with. 
  • Must be well out of it myself. Had to goggle who Idris El Mizouni was? Why would we want a player like that , yellow cards ,lack of goals and an Orient player last season.
    But on the books of Ipswich.

Never get him for free and would not improve are side. Just my thinking.
    What Google page said he wouldn’t improve our side? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Like the look of Pompey's business so far 
  • Let's see how it looks at the end of the season.
  • jams said:
    Like the look of Pompey's business so far 
    It’s been the same the last few seasons with, though they still have not made the play offs.

Have to think eventually it will click though. 
  • Read a comment from John Mousinho speaking about how their plan is to not try and waste time on unrealistic targets that may only decide later on whether to drop to lg1. So I think they've gone for solid, attainable players but getting them in early. Looks like the fans are pretty split on the recruitment, but it's probably a sensible way of doing things. 
  • jams said:
    It’s been the same the last few seasons with, though they still have not made the play offs.

Have to think eventually it will click though. 
    Yeah Pompey doing a load of business early seems to be a broken record every transfer window, yet here we are still playing them 
  • jams said:
    Is it really that good? Or are people more impressed because they signed more than 1 player?  
    I doubt ours will be any better, a mixture of free signings and loans is all I can see heading our way 

Luther for me.
    Really?

• jams said:
    Is it really that good? Or are people more impressed because they signed more than 1 player?  
    I doubt ours will be any better, a mixture of free signings and loans is all I can see heading our way 
    I think this will be our best window in years.
  • Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    I think this will be our best window in years.
    Why?