Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• Very good news about Casey. For those that watch the youngsters, is he ready to step up after 42 goals last season? 
  • Not that I've seen him as much as others, but like Kanu scores for fun against his level, could see him struggling against bigger/better players.
  • I think goal scoring is a knack. It’s almost a gift and at a certain level can’t be taught. Prolific youngsters are rarely as prolific as seniors but we’re lucky to have a couple who might be gold dust. 
  • mart77 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Very good news about Casey. For those that watch the youngsters, is he ready to step up after 42 goals last season? 
    I think he’ll be around the squad during preseason but if we recruit properly him and Kanu should be going out on loan, unless either of them tear it up in some of the friendlies. 
    There’s a lot of shit around the club at the moment but signing up, all but Kone, from arguably our best ever crop of youngsters, is decent. What I’d give to watch Championship football with the likes of Elerewe, Mitchell, Laqeretabua, Anderson, Campbell, Kanu, Casey and of course Miles, as main stays in the team. One can dream!
    has Laqeretabua signed up yet?
  • mart77 said:
    Valley11 said:
    Very good news about Casey. For those that watch the youngsters, is he ready to step up after 42 goals last season? 
    I think he’ll be around the squad during preseason but if we recruit properly him and Kanu should be going out on loan, unless either of them tear it up in some of the friendlies. 
    There’s a lot of shit around the club at the moment but signing up, all but Kone, from arguably our best ever crop of youngsters, is decent. What I’d give to watch Championship football with the likes of Elerewe, Mitchell, Laqeretabua, Anderson, Campbell, Kanu, Casey and of course Miles, as main stays in the team. One can dream!
    Dont think so...
  • mart77 said:
    Valley11 said:
    I thought he had but couldn’t see anything on a quick check. 
  • Valley11 said:
    If the squad remains thin then he will be needed, ideally he goes on an initial loan until January at a credible club, possibly Ebbsfleet, possibly Sutton or Crawley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Bubble said:
    Did think we might go for him. Very good for Leyton Orient last season. 

• I think this would be a really good one for us, was in the league 2 team of the season. We need someone next to Dobson who can pass the ball and get us progressing upfield. 

If Ipswich keep going up the way they are then we could even make it permanent next year. 
  • Patrick Casey signing his first professional contract today - great news and hopefully a role to play in the first team soon! Been really impressed watching him play.

Excellent news as worried he was going to be poached. Very good prospect. 
  • It says in that article that Rakeem Harper had his contract terminated by them today by mutual consent. Maybe I’ve imagined it, but haven’t we been linked with him before? It’s the kind of thing we try and do to avoid paying any fees.
  • Patrick Casey signing his first professional contract today - great news and hopefully a role to play in the first team soon! Been really impressed watching him play.
    Welcome to the forum Patrick’s Dad! :) 
  • RC_CAFC said:
    It says in that article that Rakeem Harper had his contract terminated by them today by mutual consent. Maybe I’ve imagined it, but haven’t we been linked with him before? It’s the kind of thing we try and do to avoid paying any fees.
    He’s had a couple of poor loans, he had potential but his career isn’t going very well so I’d probably avoid that one 
  • Valley11 said:
    Few years ago now think Leaburn scored 49 goals in the youth team? Could be wrong will try to find it in a programs.
    I am of course talking about Carl Leaburn.
    Bring any youngster in to early it doesn’t help them.

So no to Casey this season
  • Archie Collins has signed for Peterborough. Another that we should have been all over but are late to the party 
  • edited June 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Archie Collins has signed for Peterborough. Another that we should have been all over but are late to the party 
    Cost six figures. Peterborough no doubt using some of the £1.5m fee from Ipswich for outgoing midfielder, Jack Taylor. 
  • NabySarr said:
    Archie Collins has signed for Peterborough. Another that we should have been all over but are late to the party 
    Rice signing for Arsenal, we should have been all over that...

Peterborough will probably bring in north of 5 million of transfer fees this summer.  

Would people be happier if we sold Leaburn, Dobson and the kitchen sink but actually spent some money? 
  • Sponsored links:

• very short on any actual rumours.
    very short on any actual rumours.
    You could say this rumours thread fails the height test

• Players above out of contract… who would you lifers like to have at SE7 out of them?  

• Jordan Cousins? perfect, box to box midfielder, coming to the end of his career I would imagine ( Oh just checked  only 29 !!! I'm shocked) but most important ex Charlton. That'll do for me.
  • Nearly all of them to be honest, but I'd only want one or two as none can be overly young now (?)

Henri Lansbury the exception with his injury history

Remember Daniel Johnson absolutely bossing a game against us years ago... Would be an upgrade on Albie with his passing
  • Daniel Johnson was really good for me on the modern update of Championship Manager 01/02.

But then Harry Maguire is quality on that so I wouldn't hold much stock in it.

• Jordan Cousins? perfect, box to box midfielder, coming to the end of his career I would imagine ( Oh just checked  only 29 !!! I'm shocked) but most important ex Charlton. That'll do for me.
    I joked a while ago that we were obviously going to sign him. I do however think that it'd be a Harry Arter deal, and that he was never much cop anyway. Do we forget just how poor on the ball he was? 
  • Nearly all of them to be honest, but I'd only want one or two as none can be overly young now (?)

Henri Lansbury the exception with his injury history

Remember Daniel Johnson absolutely bossing a game against us years ago... Would be an upgrade on Albie with his passing.

----

No chance Johnson drops down to L1. PNE offered him a new deal but he wants a fresh challenge at 30. A Championship sideways move at worst for him I reckon.
  • Yeah that doesn't surprise me in the slightest about Johnson 
  • edited June 2023

Players above out of contract… who would you lifers like to have at SE7 out of them?  
    Mental clucas command transfer fees over £23m in his career