Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Summer Transfer Rumours - Deadline Day p446

Comments

• TelMc32 said:
    Didn't Lavelle win loads of awards at Morecambe?
    Lavelle hadn't played much (if any) League One football before we signed him
  • edited June 2023
    Don’t know enough to make a comment on Lloyd Jones but I was rather hoping we’d be looking higher. 
  • On paper he looks a good signing and he sounds like he has a point to prove. Sometimes it takes players until they mature and realise what they need to do to succeed. At 26/27 he’s coming into his prime as a centre back. He could do a Lavelle but he seems to have more Pedigree so with the right attitude he could be great
  • Jones sounds decent 
  • mendonca said:
    Oggy Red said:
    England U19 and U20 caps.

Innis was Eng U16 captain
    Fair enough, but U16 is schoolboy level. 

But not really the same comparison, is it?

International U20 is considered the best of young professional level, and many progress to U21s.
    This lad Lloyd Jones was evidently considered a serious prospect at one time.

• Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Like the look of Pompey's business so far 
    Is it really that good? Or are people more impressed because they signed more than 1 player?  
    I doubt ours will be any better, a mixture of free signings and loans is all I can see heading our way 
    I think this will be our best window in years.
    Why?
    Dean Holden selecting the players he wants to recruit
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    Most of the u18’s signing contracts, including Patrick Casey. I heard clubs were circling him and I could not be more chuffed that he has stayed with us for the next three years. 42 goals last season!
    No dickheads policy
    It just all seems so much more positive.

Other than we have been shafted for years, why are you feeling so negative? Are you hoping TS stays or happy he is going?
    Zero proof of any new money whatsoever.
    Au contraire. New owners means new money. 
  • Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Is it really that good? Or are people more impressed because they signed more than 1 player?  
    I doubt ours will be any better, a mixture of free signings and loans is all I can see heading our way 
    Why?
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    Most of the u18’s signing contracts, including Patrick Casey. I heard clubs were circling him and I could not be more chuffed that he has stayed with us for the next three years. 42 goals last season!
    No dickheads policy

Other than we have been shafted for years, why are you feeling so negative? Are you hoping TS stays or happy he is going?
    Au contraire. New owners means new money. 
    Fair point, but there's no evidence of how much new money there is 
  • May is off to Gillingham then
  • edited June 2023
  • Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Why?
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    No dickheads policy

Flip side of the coin, there is zero proof that money wont be available
  • what is this obsession with us being after Ipswich rejects
  • Sponsored links:

• cafc4life said:
    what is this obsession with us being after Ipswich rejects

They had Bonne and Pigott so quid pro quo 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • cafc4life said:
    Makes a change from Swindon I suppose
  • Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Why?
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    No dickheads policy

Zero proof there's no new money either.
  • edited June 2023
    cafc4life said:
    What like Darren Bent and Matt Holland
  • What we need to avoid is players who played for Ipswich, then signed elsewhere, then we sign them, as that delivers us dross like Marcus Bent and Darren Ambrose
  • redbuttle said:
    Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Why?
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    No dickheads policy

Zero proof there's no new money either.
    You have to prove something exists, not the other way around 
  • Croydon said:
    Redrobo said:
    Redrobo said:
    jams said:
    Why?
    Leaburn staying
    New owners
    New money
    No dickheads policy

Given that the potential new owners have spent a fortune trying to buy the Club and have overcome huge obstacles just to get this far, and given that they must be supporting the offers made to so many of our youth players, and given that at least one of them is seriously rich, what is your gut feeling on their ability to pass the EFL tests and then build a team to get promoted?